X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2014-2015: Dedicated to Rich Curadi

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    The second section of this USCHO article is about RPI's injuries. http://www.uscho.com/2014/11/19/play...ams-character/

I didn't realize that Miller got hurt on Tuesday. Also:
    Great article from the mothership. Lot of character in this room, emanates from Sr. class down. Gutsy tie last night.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      The second section of this USCHO article is about RPI's injuries. http://www.uscho.com/2014/11/19/play...ams-character/

I didn't realize that Miller got hurt on Tuesday. Also:
      And if you look at the bottom of the article, they mention that Jared Wilson was named ECACH rookie of the week. Congrats Jared.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        You think that's trolling? If you want trolling, I'll give you trolling. No, I have more important things to do with my life than to troll.
        Agree with all. Ignore the Troll.

Comment

SA has been warming up an extra player a lot this semester, so this could have been one of those situations where Bradley was test to see if he could go and then it was decided that he should rest. If so, that would seem to mean he might be ready for UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            For the football fans-finally a bit of good news as we beat Springfield 37-13 and actually led 30-0 at one point. Overall we are 5-4 and in the LL 3-3. One game remaining for the Dutchman's Shoes at home next week. I am not sure but if we can win that game and end with an overall 6-4 record, we could be considered for an ECAC bowl game.
            And it has come to pass that RPI has accepted an invitation to play in the ECAC North Atlantic Bowl. They will play at Framingham State this Saturday at noon.

Framingham State finished with a 9-1 overall record during the regular season, including an undefeated 8-0 record in their conference, the MASCAC. There's an item on the d3football website indicating that early in October, the NCAA put out some sort of publication including a statement that the MASCAC champion would get an automatic bid to the D-III tournament. On October 31, they reversed that position, so Framingham State did not get an automatic bid, nor, ultimately, did they get an at-large bid, so that's why they're playing in an ECAC Bowl game.

I don't think the MASCAC, overall, is as strong as the Liberty League, but I would imagine the Rams will be well motivated to go out there this Saturday and try to demonstrate that, by golly, their league should have gotten an automatic bid.

I hope our guys can muster a similar degree of intensity, but it may be tough to do so, coming off their big rivalry win over Union.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
              Good news, folks! The bully doesn't feel like it's being bullied.

This is essentially why I no longer participate actively - because this cancer just keeps growing without end. It will continue metastasis as long as people are paying attention and feeding it with response.

It likes that you hate its idiotic commentary and its annoying additions to the game threads. Why? Because you're giving it attention. And that's all it really craves. It doesn't matter if you're giving it positive or negative feedback. It's all the same. Attention is attention and it doesn't matter how you supply it.

There's one other type of human being that I'm aware of that feeds off of negative attention as much as this cancer does: a toddler. For a toddler, it doesn't matter if mommy and daddy are upset that you've just destroyed something of value. They're paying attention to you. Doing something negative creates a positive result, so you do it again and again, until you don't get the reaction you want. It's the same reason why you engage in temper tantrums for no apparent reason. There's a reason. You just want attention.

Sometimes the only real way to fight it is to ignore it. It's true that, when it comes to cancer, ignoring it usually isn't the way to eradicate it, but in this instance, in this setting, it's the only equivalent we have to chemotherapy. Deny it the attention that it craves, and eventually it will realize that its efforts are fruitless - that it's talking to itself and no one else. Then it will stop, or perhaps leave. Or maybe it won't, if it is truly as insane as it appears to be. But since no one is listening, no one will care at that point.

This is my yearly plea - just put the cancer on ignore, and resolve not to participate in any discussion in which it is present. You hold the key, because you are giving it power. Suffocate it instead by depriving it the oxygen of attention.

I'm going back into lurk mode.
              Does that mean Red Cloud will go to lurk mode too. This thread gets more pathetic every day. Actually its kinda funny!! Talk about wanting attention! tee hee

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                Great article from the mothership. Lot of character in this room, emanates from Sr. class down. Gutsy tie last night.
                Playing defense, not giving up goals, becoming a hard team to play. That's what we're becoming. Shorthanded team earns a road tie.
                But none of that matters this Tuesday because it's UNH on the road and it's another game. A good team does it over and over again.
                Go get'em, Red.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                  Playing defense, not giving up goals, becoming a hard team to play. That's what we're becoming. Shorthanded team earns a road tie.
                  But none of that matters this Tuesday because it's UNH on the road and it's another game. A good team does it over and over again.
                  Go get'em, Red.
                  Normally I am not satisfied with a tie-especially in this case against UConn. But i bet that Quinnipiac and Boston College would take a tie against them right now and perhaps even when they look back late in the season. We are a very decent team right now and will be an even more difficult team to lay if and when we get healthier. My medical sources tell me that might be very soon.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

...will be an even more difficult team to lay if and when we get healthier
                    Getting the team confused with Jenny again?
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      Thank you.
                      My only problem with that explanation is that Prapavessis shot it the post before the net was dislodged. Check the replay. It is close, but the shot definitely hit the post first.
                      Yep. Here's the Prapavessis shot hitting the post. Net's still on:

And the rebound, as it heads toward Melanson - again net's still on:

Snapshots courtesy RPI TV highlight film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_k7TcDi1gc

I'll agree that Melanson's shot came after the net was knocked off. However, the text of the rule allows for a goal to be allowed when a player is "in position to shoot" at the time the net is dislodged. Ultimately can't change the result, but by rights the correct call appears to have been to let the goal stand.
                      Last edited by JCrawford; 11-20-2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

JC-Thanks for the post and the great pictures. I was off line for the time all this happened but Jenny was watching as we had up on the big screen TV. She is not familiar with all the rules of hockey but her description of it was perfect. SA summarized it well in his interview. Unless an RPI player was the cause of the net being dislodged (either knocking it off himself or pushing or tripping the QU player into the net), this should have been a good goal. I have to wait for RPI TV to make the film available and I will make it a point to watch that non goal a few times. But it sure seems that the rules cover exactly what happened well and it should have counted as the tying goal.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

JC-Thanks for the post and the great pictures. I was off line for the time all this happened but Jenny was watching as we had up on the big screen TV. She is not familiar with all the rules of hockey but her description of it was perfect. SA summarized it well in his interview. Unless an RPI player was the cause of the net being dislodged (either knocking it off himself or pushing or tripping the QU player into the net), this should have been a good goal. I have to wait for RPI TV to make the film available and I will make it a point to watch that non goal a few times. But it sure seems that the rules cover exactly what happened well and it should have counted as the tying goal.
                          The snapshots came from the RPI TV highlight reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_k7TcDi1gc

Comment

Whether it was a goal or not, one thing that truly should come out of this, and there were TWO instances of this in a single week, is that penalties should be allowed to be called as the result of a review of a goal/no-goal. Even if the refs wanted to call no goal with delay-of-game penalty, they could not call the penalty because the rule book does not allow them to do so in this situation because it was not originally called on the ice.

Comment

An interview with Scott Diebold which appeared in the NY Hockey Journal last month http://www.nyhockeyjournal.com/news/...Buffalo_NY_RPI.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                An interview with Scott Diebold which appeared in the NY Hockey Journal last month http://www.nyhockeyjournal.com/news/...Buffalo_NY_RPI.
                                Thanks for the article Ralph. It is always great to get to know the players a little better.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X