X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2014-2015: Dedicated to Rich Curadi

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    WaP thinks that we're going to get back to 1965-66?
    That was quite a successful year at RPI. For just about every opponent we played!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

#RPIHockey coach Seth Appert said that Jason Kasdorf suffered a minor injury in the first and put Scott Diebold in for precautionary reasons.... https://twitter.com/JoshSeguin24/sta...33610719354880
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

There was an injury to Jason in the first period. It was a lower body injury. I don’t think it is dramatically serious but serious enough after conferring with our trainers we decided to take him out. It is late november, it is a non-conference game and we didn’t want to risk putting him back him and further injuring him, where he would be out longer. We thought it better to go with Scotty, who is also an excellent goalie.”.... http://blog.collegehockeynews.com/20...ce-win-at-unh/
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          There was an injury to Jason in the first period. It was a lower body injury. I don’t think it is dramatically serious but serious enough after conferring with our trainers we decided to take him out. It is late november, it is a non-conference game and we didn’t want to risk putting him back him and further injuring him, where he would be out longer. We thought it better to go with Scotty, who is also an excellent goalie.”.... http://blog.collegehockeynews.com/20...ce-win-at-unh/
          Good to hear that he did not reinjure his shoulder.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The Record apparently didn't post anything about yesterday's game. here is a NH article http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...30/1003/sports
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It may not last, but it is nice to see us ahead of #26 in PWR http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...kings/d-i-men/.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It may not last, but it is nice to see us ahead of #26 in PWR http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...kings/d-i-men/.
                I must have missed something along the way, but could someone explain #26 to me?
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  I must have missed something along the way, but could someone explain #26 to me?
                  My recollection is that several years ago in one of the many academic rankings of colleges, Union was listed as #26, and a number of Union fans started bragging about it. Someone can correct me or add if there is anything more.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    My recollection is that several years ago in one of the many academic rankings of colleges, Union was listed as #26, and a number of Union fans started bragging about it. Someone can correct me or add if there is anything more.
                    I thought it was their hockey ranking, but it was hilarious and it came right before their games against St, Clooud.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/...-colleges.html

...looking at the 2009 edition of Forbes America's Best Colleges ... Union is ranked 26th! Here are a few links: America's 50 Best Colleges - #26 Union College - Forbes.com and America's Best Colleges - Forbes.com Here's a quote, "Among liberal arts colleges, Centre (No. 14) and Union (No. 26) rank in the top 30 of all institutions. Boston College (No. 16) far outperforms Dartmouth (No. 98), Duke (No. 104) and Cornell College (No. 105)."

Funny, I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to BC as # 16....

Maybe those Jesuits view modesty as a virtue, eh?
                      Last edited by FreshFish; 11-26-2014, 07:57 AM.
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

This took place during the now infamous Union/St. Cloud thread(s), the same one that produced the "St, Clooud" meme. A Union fan was trying to tout Union's academic prowess as compared to that of St. Cloud State, and to do so, he quoted a very obscure academic ranking (forget where it was from) that had Union ranked #26, while SCSU had a far lower ranking. This prompted hilarious laughter from pretty much everyone given that A) one probably shouldn't have to point out the academic difference between an expensive eastern liberal arts school and a midwestern state school, and B) the rankings were bizarre, especially considering that it ranked the relatively unknown Cornell College in Iowa far above the much better known Cornell University. The gambit backfired, fans from across the WCHA began piling on and making fun of Union and the Union fan in general (in probably the only known occurrence of a broad spectrum of WCHA/NCHC/Big Ten fans coming together), and the title "#26" stuck in exactly the opposite manner that the poor Union fan had intended.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          The Record apparently didn't post anything about yesterday's game. here is a NH article http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...30/1003/sports
                          Still nothing on Record site. Local TVS mostly missed it last night too

Comment

Thanks to all who responded to my question regarding #26.
                            It makes you wonder why a Union fan would bring up academics on a hockey thread.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              No one's questioning if RPI is going to get back there. What's being questioned is if Appert's the guy to do it. So far, he hasn't shown it.
                              My feeling, after 25 years that span the Powers/Fridgen/Appert years, is that the commitment to national-contender-quality hockey at the HIGHEST ADMINISTRATIVE LEVELS is NOT present. Instead, in a parity-soaked atmosphere where 1 player CAN make a difference, RPI fans get ticket price increases, multi-million dollar mansions for the president,"marketing" representatives and other lip service while the ESSENCE of the game, great players, go elsewhere (see: Josh Jooris). I wish that they would "get back there", but as I said, I don't see RPI even keeping up with what the others are doing. Appert becomes, at most, the third most important person in improving the "program".

Comment

I was unable to "attend" last night's game due to working late.

Thanks to jericho, realet, perhaps a few others for some excellent advice: after placing one person on ignore, I read through the game thread from start to finish, and it was one of the most pleasant game threads ever.

The win made it even sweeter.
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X