X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2014-2015: Dedicated to Rich Curadi

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Does not "defeat the purpose" for me. At least, by not seeing the post itself, I can't be tempted to respond to it against my better judgment. Also, not seeing the actual contents of the post is good for my blood pressure.

The score threads are much more pleasant by hiding the contents, for example.
    With all the road games coming up. I wonder if we could start 2 scores threads for each game. One for that annoying turd to do his childish graphics that NOBODY likes and one for the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
      With all the road games coming up. I wonder if we could start 2 scores threads for each game. One for that annoying turd to do his childish graphics that NOBODY likes and one for the rest of us.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
        If only the ignore list actually made posts disappear altogether instead of leaving a big box telling you there's an ignored post hidden there. Nothing like a screen full of messages telling me those posts are there... Defeats the purpose.
        It also unfortunately does nothing to remove stuff that gets quoted in posts by others.

Comment

Enough piling on people. I would have thought that an educated group would be more tolerant of viewpoints that are not common to your own. But instead it seems that a group of you are contributing to what is akin to cyber-bullying. If you don't like what someone else has offered you have choices, one of which is to leave the forum (which makes it less valuable in my opinion). If the team were doing well I'm sure more of the discussion would be on subject but instead many of you are redirecting your frustrations toward another poster instead of the real problem - years of ineptitude and disappointment by our hockey team. Transference is a childhood trait, isn't it time to start acting like adults?
          "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
            Enough piling on people. I would have thought that an educated group would be more tolerant of viewpoints that are not common to your own. But instead it seems that a group of you are contributing to what is akin to cyber-bullying. If you don't like what someone else has offered you have choices, one of which is to leave the forum (which makes it less valuable in my opinion). If the team were doing well I'm sure more of the discussion would be on subject but instead many of you are redirecting your frustrations toward another poster instead of the real problem - years of ineptitude and disappointment by our hockey team. Transference is a childhood trait, isn't it time to start acting like adults?
            Viewpoints are one thing. Being an annoying troll is another. I figured an educated person would know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
              troll
              That's a good word for it.
              Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...inst-princeton

Zach Schroeder and Lou Nanne were hurt — not seriously — but did not play over the final nine minutes
                Hopefully that is correct.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He doesn't even have viewpoints. He's just there to nitpick on the team and doesn't offer anything concrete. You say that we can leave the thread if we don't like it, then say that we're cyber-bullying. Forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't a bully's goal to get the person he/she is bullying to give in to them? So, who's the bully? Some of us on here are trying to be positive about the team and keep posts on subject, but you and FD don't want to hear it. If you said that 6 games into the ECAC season that RPI would be at the top of the standings with 8 points having played teams like Union we'd have told people they were insane, but it seems that a certain someone on here is very upset that he can't say "I told you so." It's comments at the end of periods like "Watch them score like 2 or 3 in the second" and things like crap that people are complaining about. So, if you don't like it, in your own words, go somewhere else.
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    We should know in about 24 hours. If both are scratched for tomorrow then i would change NOT SERIOUSLY to perhaps a "little bit of concern serious". If they do not play the weekend, then we can lower their status to "serious but stable". After that we can consider "critical", "life threatening", and "dire", etc like they are doing for the Ebola virus. SA plays injuries close to his vest (as well he should) so I do not think we will know anything until he either says something or when we see the line up sheets posted. All kidding aside, the one line that has been consistent and exciting does not need anything to disrupt it right now.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Ahhh it is nice that the Engineers are where they are at this point. Beating Up on Union and playing Qpac tough. Remember when they lost a couple to Bentley? That was a team that by most accounts wouldn't score a goal again for the rest of the season. Well, well, well this young group has come a long way in a few weeks. Again I am often critical of Seth but right now I give him all the credit in the world for turning this thing around. It is so hard to make good things happen with a young team, a team with little or no experience playing together. Plus when you get beat up by what many consider a lesser foe it is hard to keep the locker room together. Gotta love the job the captains are doing.
                      I don't have a clue which team will show up the rest of the season but again just enjoy what you got!!!

Comment

Don't worry about them. I don't see it as being bullied. Heck, if posters take the time to recognize me in eight thread tags (at the time of writing this), I see it as a compliment, regardless of anyone's perception of maturity. Let them do all the whining they want. It's empty words. They haven't yet come up to me at Lynah or Starr and start swinging.

There is a part of me that is happy we got the annual meltdown out of the way in October (at least we hope it's out of the way and won't resurface its ugly head later in the year). If we can come back in the next two weeks, put up a strong showing against Hockey East and a Big Ten team where we are one of the few opponents in the country to have a winning record, we can have a solid end of year push and head into 2015 strong. During the atrocious start of 2012-13, this is about the time that we made our move from not being able to get it together at all, although we did come up short in the playoffs. Despite what some of my colleagues on this forum say, I haven't given up on the team. If I did, I'd be over at Starr supporting Colgate.

Everyone has different goals. I see the first goal to be an ECAC championship. If we want to win in the country, we should be able to at least win our own league. Some people have loftier goals, such as the NCAA tournament. I've already placed my viewpoint on that for this year. One thing that has certainly been shown is that the coaching staff is much more respondent to "big games". That's a step in the right direction. Does that mean we might actually get somewhere in the playoffs when it comes around? Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                          Ahhh it is nice that the Engineers are where they are at this point. Beating Up on Union and playing Qpac tough. Remember when they lost a couple to Bentley? That was a team that by most accounts wouldn't score a goal again for the rest of the season. Well, well, well this young group has come a long way in a few weeks. Again I am often critical of Seth but right now I give him all the credit in the world for turning this thing around. It is so hard to make good things happen with a young team, a team with little or no experience playing together. Plus when you get beat up by what many consider a lesser foe it is hard to keep the locker room together. Gotta love the job the captains are doing.
                          I don't have a clue which team will show up the rest of the season but again just enjoy what you got!!!
                          My feeling exactly.
                          Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                            Blow it out your ear. He is a turd who only cares about drawing attention to himself. Everyone should ignore him. He ads nothing of substance most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                              We don't give up many goals. We are becoming a team that's hard to play. Let's keep building on that...

Comment

Congrats to Michigan Tech. Here's to the polytechs! Holy Jim Warden!

Comment

Working...
                                X