• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2014-2015: Dedicated to Rich Curadi

Ed Weaver article http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...-in-exhibition
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 5 October 2014. There are -1 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 5 October 2014. There are 5 days until RPI's first real game.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          Free speech, that's how I respect this country.
          Just not including spelling...

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
            A couple thoughts from the game:

Bourbonnais looked really good. He singlehandedly created Neal's goal late in the first, blowing past everyone else on the ice to leave the puck for Neal to put home. I also thought Bell looked very comfortable (moreso than Reno who he played with). Leonard with 6 shots on goal and two goals to show for it was nice. Melanson passed up a beautiful scoring chance in the second period to try a low-probability pass. Have to think SA will be going over that one with him on the tape.

RPITV has added two additional fixed cameras hanging just below the catwalk on the north side of the ice, one toward each end of the ice. They were using them for additional replay angles on goals.

With the game as chippy as it was, there were a few instances where Luke of seasons past would have dumped a guy on his rear and taken a penalty for his troubles, but he kept his cool tonight.

All in all, hard to draw too many conclusions from a game like this. The next two weekends should give us a lot more insight into what to expect this season.
            Gary, nice points all. The mobility of the new D-Men is what really struck me. Prap is the real deal, Wilson and Bell were very good w/ the puck. Also shout out to the Soph class, Riley, Woodie, Parker and the ever pesky Jimmy DeVito. This summer these guys were the subject of some jibes from some on the thread (not me or troyboy) but IMO these guys are ready for prime time. I also notice that Phil Hampton was playing forward and had a couple of quality chances.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

The mobility of the new D-Men is what really struck me. Prap is the real deal, Wilson and Bell were very good w/ the puck. Also shout out to the Soph class, Riley, Woodie, Parker and the ever pesky Jimmy DeVito. This summer these guys were the subject of some jibes from some on the thread (not me or troyboy) but IMO these guys are ready for prime time. I also notice that Phil Hampton was playing forward and had a couple of quality chances.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Aspy-Are you twins? Just noticed posts #50 and #51. Perhaps you were from Walla Walla, or spent some time in Sing Sing or Bora Bora or perhaps Baden Baden??
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Only one game and an exhibition game at that, but 2 things that stuck out in my mind was Viktor Liljgren's size and quick release on his shot in the slot , and the strength of Melanson in the corner to protect the puck from a PEI defenseman,and make a nice pass which set up I believe Leanords goal ..

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                    Only one game and an exhibition game at that, but 2 things that stuck out in my mind was Viktor Liljgren's size and quick release on his shot in the slot , and the strength of Melanson in the corner to protect the puck from a PEI defenseman,and make a nice pass which set up I believe Leanords goal ..
                    David-Jen and I watched DM for a couple years down here at Delbarton. His only major weakness was strength and size. He is faster than most, very quick to the puck, has great extended reach with his stick, and most of all plays very smart. Unselfish to the max(and in fact often passes when he should shoot). I am sure he needs to learn the NCAA level game-but i suspect he will quickly. The key may just be finding him the right match ups for line mates and that is something that has to just be figured out. If you felt he was strong up against the boards, then he has added a little something to his game since we last saw him. If you think Liljgren has size, just wait until they suit up Gillespie. We saw him only briefly in NJ but he is not only big, but he plays even bigger. Did not see enough to judge any hockey skills but I will say that we saw him hit guys and some of them were not sure where they were for a bit.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Aspy-Are you twins? Just noticed posts #50 and #51. Perhaps you were from Walla Walla, or spent some time in Sing Sing or Bora Bora or perhaps Baden Baden??
                      Nah, spent some time in Pago Pago.

Comment

For those who might like to know, the Schenectady team already have suspended 3 players. One for 5 games, the other 2 for 3 games for violating team rules. Of course, it included today's game vs. UPEI (a 6-3 Onion win). And so it begins...

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                          For those who might like to know, the Schenectady team already have suspended 3 players. One for 5 games, the other 2 for 3 games for violating team rules. Of course, it included today's game vs. UPEI (a 6-3 Onion win). And so it begins...
                          Union has rules?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The SOGs in the Union-UPEI game were almost even http://collegehockeystats.net/1415/boxes/mpeiuni1.o05, but one probably shouldn't read much in that due to the suspensions of key players (except that they may be in trouble against UNH).
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                              Second!
                              I miss it when you don't post.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                I'm drinking again.

Comment

Working...
                                X