This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread: 2014-2015

Worst game of the year for the team. You could say the U18 game was worse...but we weren't obscenely outshot. Puts us squarely back on the bubble and fair chance that this costs a B1G banner.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Dropped three spots in the pairwise tonight.

Comment

They really didn't give a **** tonight. Silly me for thinking they had some heart after last night. This year's team isn't going to fool me again.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

SO disappointing. I just couldn't believe how many bad plays they were making all game, almost like they were saving them up over the past month. The way they were mishandling the puck, giving it up voluntarily all too often, making simple passes not on the tape but in the skates, allowing Sparty to keep most of their shots from the side boards or from the point, and half-fanning on many of their few good opportunities...it was hard to watch, depressing really. As bad as they were, Wilcox gave them a chance to still get back in it in the latter minutes. But the way they were playing you kind of knew it wasn't going to happen, totally unlike the night before when they were flying and making great plays all over the ice. Consistency is definitely not a strength of this team.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
            Dropped three spots in the pairwise tonight.
            That's just crazy. Splitting with #32 Michigan State at home should have bumped you guys up to at least #7. I don't know, just sitting here shaking my head.
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
              That's just crazy. Splitting with #32 Michigan State at home should have bumped you guys up to at least #7. I don't know, just sitting here shaking my head.
              If you listen real close there's a small rattling inside like the sound of that last peanut in the jar. JFYI that's your brain.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                If you listen real close there's a small rattling inside like the sound of that last peanut in the jar. JFYI that's your brain.
                Hear that swirling sound? That's your season going down the toilet.
                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                  Hear that swirling sound? That's your season going down the toilet.
                  No, that's your dinner nitwit.

Comment

No, that's your dinner nitwit.
                    Your digs remind me of the jokes on laffy taffy wrappers, eye rollers.

Comment

You're so narcissistic, you probably took a picture of your dinner before it disappeared, heh?

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        They really didn't give a **** tonight. Silly me for thinking they had some heart after last night. This year's team isn't going to fool me again.
                        They're 7-2-1 in their last 10 games, a good step in righting the ship. But hey jump ship if you want. What is this 3rd or 4th time for you?

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                          They're 7-2-1 in their last 10 games, a good step in righting the ship. But hey jump ship if you want. What is this 3rd or 4th time for you?
                          No one's jumping. Many of us have just stopped trying to shine the turd that is our team.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            No one's jumping. Many of us have just stopped trying to shine the turd that is our team.
                            All expectations for a nice year we're dropped last night. The loss to PSU didn't bother me too much. They played well, PSU did a great job defending and counterattacking. C'est la vie. But, last night? Lazy. Incredibly lazy. Real fun to watch.

Comment

Huh. I wasn't aware that I needed your permission.

Comment

After Thursday, I thought this team would have learned in that game that they can beat anyone if they play at 100% for a game. That was an amazing effort to come back and shut down Mich. State for the remainder of the game, by winning almost all the puck battles. I thought it would be a launching pad for the rest of the season and playoffs for them to start playing with a consistent effort. However, last night, it looked like the message they got was that they are so good they can come from behind with a goalie having a shaky night to win, so they should be able to beat that same team with a solid goalie with less effort. I realize, Michigan State seemed to be playing better defense to box the Gophs out from the slot than Thursday, but there were several examples where puck battles seemed to be lost due to less effort on the part of the Gophs as well. They have left themselves very little margin for error, which is obviously not a good thing in hockey where a little puck luck/hot goaltending can still mean the team playing the best loses. They can't afford anymore letdowns and need to realize that they can't rest on the laurels from the previous game or they will be looking in from the outside come tourney time.

(Maybe Lucia should have Wilcox wear Lehr's jersey in the games to make the players think they can't allow a shot.)

Comment

Working...
                                X