Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2015 - Trouble Bruin! Ranger Leaf jumped the King Shark! Just Ducky!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NHL 2015 - Trouble Bruin! Ranger Leaf jumped the King Shark! Just Ducky!

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Montreal?
    Maybe. Subban is awesome. Wish the Wild had him.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Not sure all of those are better than Boston. Chicago and LA probably are, but the gap is small. St. Louis may be a push.

There's no doubt though that the west has 7 or 8 of the top teams in the entire league.
      What did Boston do to improve over the offseason? The Blues already won both games against the Bruins last season and have undoubtedly improved with the additions of Stastny and Lehtera.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        What did Boston do to improve over the offseason? The Blues already won both games against the Bruins last season and have undoubtedly improved with the additions of Stastny and Lehtera.
        They're in the East. They don't have to improve.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The Blues need to win in the playoffs.

Boston has proven that they can.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Unfortunately for you this is the year the Wild win the playoff series. They outplayed the Hawks last year and now this year they have the talent and the depth to finish the job.
            Wow, Scooby's Glass™ is overflowing!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Wow, Scooby's Glass™ is overflowing!
              It's been so rare to be excited about the local NHL squad. Fun to be able to legitimately feel this way.

Comment

Unfortunately for you this is the year the Wild win the playoff series.
                Not until they change that ridiculous name.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Not until they change that ridiculous name.
                  I don't disagree but we're stuck with it. I voted for the name I wanted but my choice lost.

Comment

They're in the East. They don't have to improve.
                    The argument was whether or not the Blues (along with CHI, LAK, ANA, SJS, MIN) were better than all of the East (and everyone knows that Boston is the class of the East).

The Blues need to win in the playoffs.

Boston has proven that they can.
                    Are we arguing who is most likely to win the Cup or who is a better team? They're two different questions. Put STL in the Atlantic division and I think they're #1 with a bullet.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Are we arguing who is most likely to win the Cup or who is a better team? They're two different questions. Put STL in the Atlantic division and I think they're #1 with a bullet.

Winning in the playoffs defines who is a better team. Intangibles matter.

Would you bet on the Blues over the Bruins in a 7 game series?

I wouldn't.

Plus... and I'm a Badger fan, but... Rask > Elliott.

Comment

I don't disagree but we're stuck with it. I voted for the name I wanted but my choice lost.
                        The Minnesota North Stars was the finest name of any expansion team in major sports history. They also had the coolest sweaters of any expansion team.

If this world had any justice (spoiler: it doesn't), Dallas would have taken the name "Lone Stars" and the new Minny franchise would have been re-christened with the old name.

Also: drop the red; it's ugly with the green, and the green is lovely.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 10-09-2014, 03:54 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Minnesota North Stars was the finest name of any expansion team in major sports history. They also had the coolest sweaters of any expansion team.

If this world had any justice (spoiler: it doesn't), Dallas would have taken the name "Lone Stars" and the new Minny franchise would have been re-christened with the old name.

Yeah, too bad they didn't have the same deal as the Browns got.

Agreed that the red needs to go - looks like Christmas and agree that the pseudo-throwbacks are sweet.

Comment

Unfortunately the North Stars left before cities were smart enough to insist that their name stay there like the Browns did.

Comment

Winning in the playoffs defines who is a better team. Intangibles matter.

Would you bet on the Blues over the Bruins in a 7 game series?

I wouldn't.
                              It doesn't though. It could determine who is more successful, but not who is better.
                              If teams played identical schedules, the Presidents' trophy might determine better teams, but they don't.

I won't argue with you about Rask and Elliott.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Prescient??

A moving company advertising on Panthers TV.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X