Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014-2015 Minnesota State University, Mankato Season Thread: Shipping up to Boston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 Minnesota State University, Mankato Season Thread: Shipping up to Bosto

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    ...former Mexican president Felipe Calderon attended as well (although presumably he couldn't back-check).

GFM
    Yeah, he couldn't skate backwards very well.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Re: 2014-2015 Minnesota State University, Mankato Season Thread: Shipping up to Bosto

I'm just going to assume that all of these people can make a mean Butterburger.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I'm just going to assume that all of these people can make a mean Butterburger.
        It does seem a bit pretentious for a fast food joint to call itself an academy.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
          It does seem a bit pretentious for a fast food joint to call itself an academy.
          Marketing minds at work...

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2015...ugherty-walman

Interesting. Given that the introductory article in their Top 100 series promised us 3 Mavericks, Margonari's inclusion means some of the following names will be left out: Blueger (No way. He's gotta be in the Top 100), Franklin, Palmquist, Williams (I'd lean towards him not being on the list, but he has played well this year and is an Islander draft pick), McClure, Leitner (Too old? Too small?)

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              The games are a ways away still, but I'm not optimistic C.J. Franklin will be ready to play.
              Hope he plays but where is MSU at recruiting wise? Will they have official visitors this weekend or how does that work? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MAVS21 View Post
                Hope he plays but where is MSU at recruiting wise? Will they have official visitors this weekend or how does that work? Thanks
                It's tough to get kids on campus for games during the season as most are playing games then, so not sure about this weekend or not. Kids are here frequently during the week to tour campus, the facilities, etc.

The Mavericks have a huge class of 13 coming in, as well as three commits already for the 2016-2017 season. My guess is probably 11 of the 13 actually are on campus in August.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/commitments.php
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• As we all know, big weekend ahead! Tickets for Saturday are looking pretty slim.
                  According to the mavericks website, Saturday will be a 'white out', and they will be giving away 5000 towels.

Comment

Just a reminder to vote Bryce Gervais for Hobey Baker!

http://www.hobeybaker.com/awards/the...ial-award/vote
                    AF 99

Comment

The Rat with his first assist and then first goal of his NHL career tonight for the Islanders! Congrats Kael!
                      AF 99

Comment

Well, the Mavericks took three points at home, and showed me something impressive. They took a definite top 5 team and controlled the game. They took them out of their game and wouldn't let Tech establish tempo for much, if any, sustained time. This team is really good.
                        AF 99

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          Well, the Mavericks took three points at home, and showed me something impressive. They took a definite top 5 team and controlled the game. They took them out of their game and wouldn't let Tech establish tempo for much, if any, sustained time. This team is really good.
                          Terrific atmosphere and terrific hockey. And then Hastings' speech was the icing on the cake. The Brose moment, as well as giving credit to Jutting, made the evening special and showed what a class act Hastings is. Now, on to the next item of business to take care of.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            Terrific atmosphere and terrific hockey. And then Hastings' speech was the icing on the cake. The Brose moment, as well as giving credit to Jutting, made the evening special and showed what a class act Hastings is. Now, on to the next item of business to take care of.
                            Is there a vid link of this somewhere, that you can post here?

Omaha fans would be interested in this on a number of levels, obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

There should be quotes in the Mankato Free Press.
                              AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

https://twitter.com/puckato

the link is down the page a piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X