Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014-15

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    First 0-6 start to a season since 1998-99 and the worst start to a season was 1976-77 when we started 0-7. Hopefully we can avoid the negative record this weekend and get at least a split. Also hopefully Notre Dame plays in the Sault next year instead us going to South Bend AGAIN.
    Looking at their schedule ,outside Huntsville, I am not sure who they will beat and Huntsville is not a sure thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
      I'm amazed how many empty seats there are....way more empty seats than filled ones...
      ND was on fall break. Students were literally leaving in masses via charter buses as I walked around campus Friday morning.

Comment

Watched the game on TV and was not impressed with the Lakers' D men. Jason Bird was a late pick up and as a 21 year old, you might have expected more....maybe that really isn't all there is. It is going to be a long season if it is. Going to make people long for Sternberg!

Comment

• Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
          I'm amazed how many empty seats there are....way more empty seats than filled ones...
          I know, at least as far as Saturday goes, that most people were across the way. Something about a big football game or some other silly thing going on of greater importance.

The last few years, the Lakers seem to be either a Friday night team or a Saturday night team. It may be a bit early, but I'm going to have to go with a Friday night team thus far.
          Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
            Looking at their schedule ,outside Huntsville, I am not sure who they will beat and Huntsville is not a sure thing.
            Well the very tough schedule to start didn't help. Michigan Tech is picked to finish 3rd in the WCHA. Robert Morris and Notre Dame both made the NCAA tournament last season and both very well might make it again this season.
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
              I know, at least as far as Saturday goes, that most people were across the way. Something about a big football game or some other silly thing going on of greater importance.

The last few years, the Lakers seem to be either a Friday night team or a Saturday night team. It may be a bit early, but I'm going to have to go with a Friday night team thus far.
              Across the way? The football team was playing in Florida.

Comment

• Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                Across the way? The football team was playing in Florida.
                Sorry about that. That was a brainfart if I ever had one (and there goes all the credibility I didn't have.)
                Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                  Sorry about that. That was a brainfart if I ever had one (and there goes all the credibility I didn't have.)
                  LOL. I'm sure a few students flew down to the game and many others headed to a bar to watch the game somewhere....

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    First 0-6 start to a season since 1998-99 and the worst start to a season was 1976-77 when we started 0-7. Hopefully we can avoid the negative record this weekend and get at least a split. Also hopefully Notre Dame plays in the Sault next year instead us going to South Bend AGAIN.
                    I think I heard Crawford say during the Robert Morris series, that the Lakers will be at Notre Dame for their tournament next season. I don't expect Notre Dame to make the trip to the Sault until the 2016-2017 season.

Comment

Nice Chat with Jim Roque tonight

http://paul.30below.com/Eagle%2095.1...Show/10-21-14/

Segment 2

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulVanWagoner View Post
                        Nice Chat with Jim Roque tonight

http://paul.30below.com/Eagle%2095.1...Show/10-21-14/

Segment 2
                        Interesting to hear Jim say that he almost went to Buffalo last year.

Comment

Does anyone know of a recruit list or a run down of all schools' reported commitments to date, broken up by their birth year? Obviously with schools not being able to comment on a recruit until an NLI is signed, it's hard to keep tabs on who is committed where. Just wondering so I could try to follow some of the guys in our pipeline over the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers-88-92-94 View Post
                            Does anyone know of a recruit list or a run down of all schools' reported commitments to date, broken up by their birth year? Obviously with schools not being able to comment on a recruit until an NLI is signed, it's hard to keep tabs on who is committed where. Just wondering so I could try to follow some of the guys in our pipeline over the next few years.
                            College Hockey, Inc. has a running list of commitments and the year in which they are scheduled to start playing.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/commitments.php

Comment

There is also Chris Heisenberg's Recruit list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0

Note that when you click on the Listing by College tab at the bottom, it also shows player birth years and when they are projected to go to their respective schools. That projection is sometimes only a best guess. Sometimes it's off by a season or so.

Between College Hockey Inc and Heisenberg, they cover recruits pretty well. They are not always 100% accurate. For example, both fail to show Hans Gorowsky as being committed to the Lakers in their respective listing by college tabs. He's a Jim Roque recruit, whom I assume is still coming to LSSU next year.

Comment

Eliteprospects also keeps a pretty up-to-date list by year. They show the Gorowsky kid.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.p...792&year0=2016
                                Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Working...
                                X