Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    So far, Chuck is 1-2 in G vs SOG Dept, although I would accept the second Michigan game being a wash, which would make Chuck 1-1-1 (no smiley face, but big grin would be ok?).
    SOG rules but G's win the day (big grin intentionally omitted!). Let's see how the CC game sugars off.
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      So far, Chuck is 1-2 in G vs SOG Dept, although I would accept the second Michigan game being a wash, which would make Chuck 1-1-1 (no smiley face, but big grin would be ok?).
      Fixed your post. And thanks for tweaking my *record* to the .500 level. Story of my life.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Ticketmaster showing 3 tickets left for Saturday night's game, much better than last year's home opener (5,245 vs Michigan on a Friday)
        "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
        Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
        NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
        EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
        AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
          Ticketmaster showing 3 tickets left for Saturday night's game, much better than last year's home opener (5,245 vs Michigan on a Friday)
          Wow that's wild excited to be there having missed the exhibition...who's going from the board?
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Wow that's wild excited to be there having missed the exhibition...who's going from the board?
            me

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
              Well, you will be happy to know that Jenna has committed to the women's team for next year.
              Score!
              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Me plus three.
                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Bummed that I have to go to a wedding down in Mass. and can't make the game. Great that it's going to be a full house though.

Comment

College Hockey: UNH freshman Clark ready, willing and able:
                    http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...TS22/141029402

Wildcats playing with an edge:
                    http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...3/-1/fossports

Freshman defenseman John Furgele (ankle) is doubtful for Saturday’s game against CC while freshman forward Shane Eiserman (head) and senior forward Jay Camper (possible concussion) are questionable.
                    Last edited by Darius; 10-24-2014, 07:33 AM.
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

I suspect there will be more balanced and insightful discussion once many of us see the team live at The Whitt.
                      I wouldn't be so sure about that. Colorado College might be one of the worst teams in the nation this year. There is a lot of quality opposition on the schedule this season, but CC ain't part of it. I don't expect that this game will prove much, but that won't stop the crowing
                      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Sorry that I cannot make the CC game, but looking forward to more balanced and insightful discussion, without crowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                          I wouldn't be so sure about that. Colorado College might be one of the worst teams in the nation this year. There is a lot of quality opposition on the schedule this season, but CC ain't part of it. I don't expect that this game will prove much, but that won't stop the crowing
                          Making it important for the 'cats to win and improve to 2 - 2. Loose and we are 1 - 3, where many pre-season predictions had us and greatly diminishing last Friday's win.

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                            I agree - not necessarily that CC is one of the worst teams in the country, but that one game won't prove much. And I understand some fans are borderline giddy about some *close* early season losses. Heck, it may be the closest this team gets to .500 this season. It's clearly a season unlike any other in recent memory, especially for a program that's used to being "D-1 November National Champions", and some of us (definitely including me) are struggling to adjust to the different mindset the current circmstances are dictating to us.

From my standpoint, a loss is a loss, whether it's 1-0 or 4-0, or even if UNH *wins* SOG's ... you still get zero (0) points. But for me to talk about the individual players, their skills and strengths (and *other*), lines/pairings, how Coach has them playing, who isn't dressing and why/why not, etc. you actually gotta see them. Some of us have impressions and expectations on how the UNH program takes raw talent and develops it while the kids are in Durham. Do those still apply? Is there a different approach being taken? There should be a lot of grist for discussion over the coming weeks/months, and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Some fans will want to break out the pom-poms, and others among us will want to dissect the smaller details. To each their own.
                            Last edited by Chuck Murray; 10-24-2014, 12:54 PM.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

I suspect there will be more balanced and insightful discussion once many of us see the team live at The Whitt. I know there is a big cross-section of our posters who worship at the throne of SOG's but I for one want (and need) to see more than box scores, video highlights and audio narrative before I start airing out opinions on individual players, lines/pairings, how Coach is running things, etc.
                              I think we'll learn more about this team after the Lowell weekend. Right now I'm more focused on your SOG/G record After last weekend you are almost .500!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                I think we'll learn more about this team after the Lowell weekend. Right now I'm more focused on your SOG/G record After last weekend you are almost .500!
                                We may learn a little tonight at 7:00 on NESN: MI at UML.

Comment

Working...
                                X