Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

It is Mullin (no s), built exactly 25 years after Conte, with about 500 more seats.

Trivia question: which ice rink is located on Commonwealth Avenue?

(Disclosure: I spend a fair bit of time at UMass, but only the one post-season game at Mullin).

Ever wonder how many national championships the Minutemen might have if they had successfully poached Umile from UNH?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Enjoy Mullin; it is nice facility, deserving of a better home team. I only have been there for an unhappy two and done by our Cats in the NCAA regionals a few years ago.
      Fixed your post

UNH won its first game (in ot) then lost in the regional final (on Easter Sunday)
      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
        Fixed your post

UNH won its first game (in ot) then lost in the regional final (on Easter Sunday)
        UNH beat Harvard in an OT thriller in the first game and then lost to eventual national champion Denver the next day. 2005 Northeast regionals.

Dan Winnick scored the OT winner against Harvard in a great come from behind game. The next day UNH lost another heartbreaker in the regional final. Brett Hemingway hit the post late in the third that would have tied the game...sigh...

Comment

Never really cared for the Mullin Center. Always seemed dingy to me. Perhaps that's just the leftover residue from Coach Cal's time there. There aint a power washer strong enough to clean that place up after his years there.

Not to mention the trip to Amherst itself sucks. Always marveled at the UNH fans who whine about the trek to Orono. Would rather make that trip any day compared to the UMass jaunt.

Comment

Thanks for corrections. Also, I was wrong about the name, as it is the William D. Mullins (with an 's') Center (HR and others are right; do not always trust Google links).

In retrospect, I think UNH played well at Mullins in those two NCAA games (I only could attend the second one), with a goalie not highly touted, and DU was awesome in their back-to-back NC's.

Comment

Momentum on UNH's side: http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...-1/services777

Umile said freshman goaltenders Adam Clark and Danny Tirone would likely each get a start this weekend.
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Thanks for corrections. Also, I was wrong about the name, as it is the William D. Mullins (with an 's') Center (HR and others are right; do not always trust Google links).

In retrospect, I think UNH played well at Mullins in those two NCAA games (I only could attend the second one), with a goalie not highly touted, and DU was awesome in their back-to-back NC's.
                My son and I went to the first game against Harvard. I had to miss the second game, but was in downtown Ft Worth TX because of work and set out to watch it on television. I'm standing out like a sore thumb walking to a sports bar in my UNH hockey jersey thinking I'm the only UNH hockey fan within 1500 miles. I walk into the place, and unbelievably, there are about 10 people all in there in UNH colors. We all kinda stared at each other for a few seconds...turned out it was most of Brad Flaishans' immediate family there to watch the game... Still one of the more bizarre things I've ever experienced. They were nice and invited me to join them.

That was a good UNH team that year that just couldn't get a few breaks to move on to the FF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  It is Mullin (no s), built exactly 25 years after Conte, with about 500 more seats.

(Disclosure: I spend a fair bit of time at UMass, but only the one post-season game at Mullin).

Ever wonder how many national championships the Minutemen might have if they had successfully poached Umile from UNH?
                  Agganis?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by skyraider0609 View Post
                      UNH beat Harvard in an OT thriller in the first game and then lost to eventual national champion Denver the next day. 2005 Northeast regionals.

Dan Winnick scored the OT winner against Harvard in a great come from behind game. The next day UNH lost another heartbreaker in the regional final. Brett Hemingway hit the post late in the third that would have tied the game...sigh...
                      Winnik also scored on a penalty shot that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                        Never really cared for the Mullin Center. Always seemed dingy to me. Perhaps that's just the leftover residue from Coach Cal's time there. There aint a power washer strong enough to clean that place up after his years there.
                        They made some improvements to the Mullins this season.
                        http://www.umass.edu/newsoffice/arti...s-improvements

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post

Not to mention the trip to Amherst itself sucks. Always marveled at the UNH fans who whine about the trek to Orono. Would rather make that trip any day compared to the UMass jaunt.
                          Speaking of that trek yes it's a drag. Am going to Durham to ride with my seat mates to break it up. Orono for me is close to 5 but can't do it this year as the game is on a Friday this time around. Amherst..."can't get there from here" !!'
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            They made some improvements to the Mullins this season.
                            http://www.umass.edu/newsoffice/arti...s-improvements
                            No mention of a sanitizing agent. Just thinking about that place makes feel like taking a shower.

Comment

UMA athletics, the higher profile sports anyway, could use a shower as well. Maybe they could get some UML athletics body wash from the River Hawks.
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...fee-dick-umile

Feature on Danny Tirone
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X