This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-15

Not much to complain about so far this year, got to keep the momentum going this weekend. Mercyhurst is usually a tough out, but like Sacred Heart, we should do well if this team is as good as we want to think.

That split with St. Cloud looks even better after they got the same result in Schenectady...
    ECAC Champions: 1990
    NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
    ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
    NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
    Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Where is everybody? In years like 2010-2011 this thread is fired up....but when times are sweet, no one sticks around.
      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
        Where is everybody? In years like 2010-2011 this thread is fired up....but when times are sweet, no one sticks around.
        Let me sum up the year for ya enthusiast...

I think everybody is just thinking the same thing right now. We got the split we wanted with SCSU. Beat Northeastern at home who seems to be struggling and then got two Ws on the road against SH in which they were in both games a lot longer than we hoped for. In the end it's still two Ws but would have been nice to see two 7-0 wins or close to that. At this point the jury is still out on this team but they just need to keep winning. Need to pick up two against Mercyhurst this weekend. Once ecac play starts probably going to need to win 3 out 4 every two weeks if they are to be a legit frozen four contender. Hopefully the Spinks come back healthy soon. #gogate

Comment

I have mentioned it on this forum before, but I think the majority of people just want to enjoy the ride, and are trying not to get too high yet. So far they have taken care of the business they needed to but there is a long way yet.

It's the same reason that when we are beating Cornell in the last few minutes of a game and starr rink is silent, because we haven't seen success so we wait for the other shoe to drop. On the other hand lynah gets insane if they are winning at the end because the fans believe it will end well.

It seems that some are discouraged with the SAcred Heart performance, but remember 2/3 of our top line were out. Once we get both spinks back and get into ecac if the team has poor games it will be time to worry. But I am encouraged that they could win without being at full strength, shows character

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
            Still here. Go 'gate!

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
              I have mentioned it on this forum before, but I think the majority of people just want to enjoy the ride, and are trying not to get too high yet. So far they have taken care of the business they needed to but there is a long way yet.
              I'm one of those people. I want to savor this season one game at a time. We're not going to win all of them, but I'm optimistic that it'll be a season to remember. Don't forget we had high expectations in both 2006-07 and 2010-11, and we all know what happened during the regular season in both of those years.

It seems that some are discouraged with the SAcred Heart performance, but remember 2/3 of our top line were out. Once we get both spinks back and get into ecac if the team has poor games it will be time to worry. But I am encouraged that they could win without being at full strength, shows character
              Whether we win 7-0 or 4-2, when it comes to the PWR, the two wins are treated equally. We found ways to win both games this past weekend, and that's all that matters. Last year we got swept by UMass, and had we swept the Minutemen, we would have been at least 8th in the PWR, giving us the last change in our first-round NCAA game. This year we swept Northeastern, and even though they're struggling, it'll help us in the PWR come February/March. St. Cloud splitting Union will also help us.

Back to the present, we have two more tune-up games before ECAC play commences. Hope the Spink twins are okay. With Kyle Baun already scoring 5 goals (although two of them were empty-netters), we can only imagine what that forward line can do for us. Injuries are still something that concerns me. We were fortunate last year. This year we've already overcome some adversity, so I'm hoping this yields positive results going forward.
              Colgate '09

Comment

Don't overlook Mercyhurst, they split with Air Force, and beat and lost in OT to Merrimack. These games should be very good.

They are the favorites to win Atlantic Hockey also.
                Last edited by sshablak; 10-30-2014, 07:29 AM.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Less than 35 hours to get your picks in. You have until 7PM Friday Night.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...14-2015-Season
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Nate at USCHO has us sweeping SH. Now we gotta go out and do it!
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Your last warning. Less than 14 hours to get your picks in. You have until 7PM tonight.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...14-2015-Season
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                        Nate at USCHO has us sweeping SH. Now we gotta go out and do it!
                        You mean Mercyhurst. Sacred Heart was last weekend.
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Yet another trap weekend. At least this time we´re at home and playing the predicted top team in AHA. Hope we come out focused and ready to do business. First Friday, then Saturday.
                          Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Any news on the Spinks?

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                              Any news on the Spinks?
                              They keep it a secret, doubt we see either this weekend.

Off topic, they are saying Michael Nebrich(QB) is out for Fordham tomorrow. A huge loss if true.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

But Melville (our QB) is still out too.
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X