Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    lot opens 2 hrs before gm.. so that be 5p.. that's the best we can do
    :-)
    Thanks I appreciate the info. I want to check out the Lego exhibit at Fanueil Hall and figured today is a good day as I'll already be in town for the game.
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
      Thanks I appreciate the info. I want to check out the Lego exhibit at Fanueil Hall and figured today is a good day as I'll already be in town for the game.
      ooooh... jealous
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Enjoy the exhibit.. just lv us 2 pts @ Matthews..
        ;-)
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          Enjoy the exhibit.. just lv us 2 pts @ Matthews.. ;-)
          *laugh* We took the second period off last night, wasn't that enough?
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

You see, we're poor and hungry. Can't you spare a few points to help the needy?

Comment

• any update on Witt?.. well as DRoy has been playing.. would be nice to see Clay with his groove back.. soon.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I heard that he was concussed and they were hoping for the UNH series, but nothing official has been stated besides Week-to-week upper body.

Comment

I was all ready to rip JM for putting Roy on the point and Sauce on the half-board on the PP, but then it went 2-4 and looked pretty good last night I think both goals we're with the other PP unit though (at least the first one). Hedges is a nice little player. I'd like to see what he can do with Roy, ZAR or Szmats. Enough with Syndeman and JStevens on the top 6.
                  2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Tonight's lines:

Stevens-Szmatula-Snydeman
                    Roy-Hedges-Collier
                    ZAR-Stevens-Rosenthal
                    Sikura-McMurtry-Reid

Dax-Cockerill
                    Darou-Sauce
                    Owens-Benning

Roy in net
                    Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

A bit off topic,question for the NU old timers here.I watched UConn beatdown BC (thank God) the other night,and I'm not expecting them to climb to the top right away,time will tell,but I'm asking how they can land a guy like Mike Cavanaugh with an excellent pedigree,out of nowhere and yet my beloved Huskies end up with Jim Madigan,I'm not knocking him,but shouldnt a team/school like NU have top shelf guys falling over themselves to coach us? Ive watched the lively discussion here for a few years now about AD Roby and his total indifference with the Hockey program, (which is insane!) I know thats a factor,but going back to my specific question to the elders here whose knowledge/experience I respect,why cant NU attract a pedigreed winning coach,we are not a community college,what gives here,are we blind to what's happening or are we a sad joke of a University to the rest of Hockey East as programs that are greatly lesser schools than ours regularly blossom and blow past us,like you all I'm looking for answers to the "why cant we get a real coach?" (like Cavanaugh and others) for NU we are a world class University?

Like most every NU fan here I'm exasperated,and cant understand why this has happened with all our resources,I refuse to give on this team/Univ. so either I'm lovingly loyal or an ignoramus and need to find another hobby,If you arent an NU fan don't waste your breath unless you have constructive comments,we have it bad enough right now.

Go Huskies! beat down Lowell tonight you can do it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
                        A bit off topic,question for the NU old timers here.I watched UConn beatdown BC (thank God) the other night,and I'm not expecting them to climb to the top right away,time will tell,but I'm asking how they can land a guy like Mike Cavanaugh with an excellent pedigree,out of nowhere and yet my beloved Huskies end up with Jim Madigan,I'm not knocking him,but shouldnt a team/school like NU have top shelf guys falling over themselves to coach us? Ive watched the lively discussion here for a few years now about AD Roby and his total indifference with the Hockey program, (which is insane!) I know thats a factor,but going back to my specific question to the elders here whose knowledge/experience I respect,why cant NU attract a pedigreed winning coach,we are not a community college,what gives here,are we blind to what's happening or are we a sad joke of a University to the rest of Hockey East as programs that are greatly lesser schools than ours regularly blossom and blow past us,like you all I'm looking for answers to the "why cant we get a real coach?" (like Cavanaugh and others) for NU we are a world class University?

Like most every NU fan here I'm exasperated,and cant understand why this has happened with all our resources,I refuse to give on this team/Univ. so either I'm lovingly loyal or an ignoramus and need to find another hobby,If you arent an NU fan don't waste your breath unless you have constructive comments,we have it bad enough right now.

Go Huskies! beat down Lowell tonight you can do it :-)
                        Cavanaugh applied at NU I believe when Cronin got the job. Cavanaugh applied for a number of HE head coach jobs in the past, never landing one.
                        UConn's gain, everyone else's loss. Hopefully he returns to BC after Jerry retires.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

It is significant that while Cavanagh applied for the job after Crowder was not renewed, he did not apply after Cronin resigned. All the reasons why Cav didn't apply after Cronin left are the same reasons why NU has not attracted a 'pedigreed winning Coach'. "Perception is Reality". Until some changes are made, 'pedigreed winning coaches' will not be attracted to NU's job.

Comment

• Madigan is so bad.. if Kurt Russell was coaching this team.. we'd be in better shape. Gonna take a 'miracle' this season..

going back to the earlier question about HC.. the University is gonna have to open the purse strings a bit. They've been cheap about it.. and what we have now is what you get. If you build it... they will come..

everyone.. that is!

ps: nice comeback tonight UML. No secret you've got a heck of a coach.
                            night all.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Doesn't matter how loaded the recruiting pipeline is down the road. It's clear this coaching staff has no clue what it's doing. Every year Madigan stays is a wasted season. Cut your losses after this season.
                              Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                              Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

1 step forward, 18 steps back #NUHockey
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X