Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Originally posted by NU Speed Racer View Post
    Fire Madigan aside, I'm having a really hard time finding wins on our schedule right now.

I'd like to think that the home ice could help tomorrow. I want to make note that the Doghouse has been full the entire season. They have been as loud as they can be in a 1 win season. So we have that going for us. YAAY! STACY'S MOOOOM!

But seriously. The schedule is brutal.

Potential wins:
    11/22 Home Merrimack
    12/6 Away Providence. Always play well down there, but they are #19
    12/16 Away UMass. Maybe? Rarely win out west.
    1/2,3 Home St. Lawrence. Played them well last season. Roy was good in net against them too. Doubt its a sweep.
    2/6 Away UMass. Eh. I hope its not a sweep by them.
    2/13,14 UConn weekend. I doubt either team sweeps. However, BEANPOT SWOON WARNING (Can you swoon with 1 or 2 wins?)

Outside of those games, I think you could consider a win a shocking turn of events.

I'll place the over under for this team at 4.5 games right now. I'll be accepting all wagers. Paypal accepted.

At least the Basketball team is 2-0 with a win over an ACC team........ Oh wait. That only furthers Roby's agenda and makes him look like a genius AD with the money that brings...... Might as well pack up the Zambonis, this program dead man walking.
    It's depressing, but I'd say is time to start studying the upcoming recruiting classes already after 11 games. Beanpot aside.
    ..Withstanding pain at Matthews since Trevor Reschny was a freshman..
    ...Cover Boston news and sports for Dirty Water Media http://dirtywatermedia.com/
    .....@RealJayKenney on twitter https://twitter.com/RealJayKenney

Comment

Hey don't worry you still have Maine on the schedule. We're like 3 and a million and counting
      sure why not

Comment

Hey, Wisconsin still has not won a game, so quit the complaining! And, we wont even be the first team to 10 losses this season, Lake Superior already has 11!

So Jim is doing just fine!

In their defense last night they did lose Rosenthal right before the game, so now you have to skate Pond, Jamieson, McMurtry, Hedges, and Sikura. That is a whole lot of nothing right there. You get Rosenthal back in there, and maybe ZAR at some point, and that helps, a bit...

It is what it is folks. But they do have 23 games left. So they just need to go 15-7-1 the rest of the way to have a .500 record at the end of the season.
        DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Main problem with the team is defense, both in that they can't defend and they can't ignite the offensive pressure. Main problem with the defense is that Madigan's "big four" of Benning, Owens, Saucerman and Cockerill are the four worst defensemen on the team (not the four worst hockey players, but the four worst defensemen - other than Owens, who is the worst hockey player, period). My solution is to bench Owens, move Benning, Saucerman and Cockerill to offense, with Benning centering the third O line with Sauce on the right wing and Cockerill on the left wing. Adding those three Dmen to offense would eliminate a lot of the "filler" forwards from the lineup and remove the offensive-minded Dmen from the defense. Move Reid back to D and have the 3 D lines be Darou-Schechter, Reid-Lauwers and Gunn-Fennell. Maybe sneak Harms onto the third line D (who knows, should try everything). This could suck or it could work, but it's worth trying. When you're 1-9-1, anything new is worth trying, because everything you've tried so far hasn't worked.

Comment

I'd like to think that the home ice could help tomorrow. I want to make note that the Doghouse has been full the entire season. They have been as loud as they can be in a 1 win season. So we have that going for us. YAAY! STACY'S MOOOOM!
            Appreciate the kind words. It's been greater than even I expected. The last two classes to come in have been great additions, energized and loud. Stacy's Mom isn't everyone's favorite, but it gets students engaged, energized, and the vast majority love it. Happy to say it'll stay until otherwise.

Didn't realize Rosenthal was a late scratch, hopefully he's back tonight. He's one of those players who gives 100% every shift, we need more like him. Didn't have the chance to watch/listen last night like I wanted to...surprised to see we wont > 50% of faceoffs, plus two PPGs. PK is abysmal, but that's old news. Discipline continues to be our biggest Achilles' heel. Maybe some Matthews magic is what the team needs, I predicted a split from the get go. MC will play their backup in back-to-back games for the first time, it'll be key to see how he responds.

As for the idea of moving Dmen to the offense, and Reid back to D- that's just not going to happen. I understand the premise, beanstalk, but that's just not practical to move 4 players out of position. Reid has never played D. Benning at center? Never seen him take a faceoff. I can appreciate throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks, but that's just going to irreversibly knock that proverbial wall down.
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...asmus-tirronen

Torin Snydeman suspended one game.
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                Hey, Wisconsin still has not won a game, so quit the complaining! And, we wont even be the first team to 10 losses this season, Lake Superior already has 11!

So Jim is doing just fine!

In their defense last night they did lose Rosenthal right before the game, so now you have to skate Pond, Jamieson, McMurtry, Hedges, and Sikura. That is a whole lot of nothing right there. You get Rosenthal back in there, and maybe ZAR at some point, and that helps, a bit...

It is what it is folks. But they do have 23 games left. So they just need to go 15-7-1 the rest of the way to have a .500 record at the end of the season.
                Again, I really hope you are being facetious or sarcastic with these comments. If not, I am incredibly embarrassed for you and anyone else that reads this post.
                Doghouse Class of 2004

Hockey East Fan of the Year 2004
                NU "Superfan" Award winner 2004

Comment

That was pretty obviously sarcasm.

Anyway, not a whole lot to add. Moving Saucerman up to wing sounds like a fantasitic idea though (as it has for the last three years and counting.) I was hoping it would happen against UNH when they dressed 7 defensemen, but it wasn't to be.
                  Last edited by TheRevengeance; 11-22-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                    Appreciate the kind words. It's been greater than even I expected. The last two classes to come in have been great additions, energized and loud. Stacy's Mom isn't everyone's favorite, but it gets students engaged, energized, and the vast majority love it. Happy to say it'll stay until otherwise.

Didn't realize Rosenthal was a late scratch, hopefully he's back tonight. He's one of those players who gives 100% every shift, we need more like him. Didn't have the chance to watch/listen last night like I wanted to...surprised to see we wont > 50% of faceoffs, plus two PPGs. PK is abysmal, but that's old news. Discipline continues to be our biggest Achilles' heel. Maybe some Matthews magic is what the team needs, I predicted a split from the get go. MC will play their backup in back-to-back games for the first time, it'll be key to see how he responds.

As for the idea of moving Dmen to the offense, and Reid back to D- that's just not going to happen. I understand the premise, beanstalk, but that's just not practical to move 4 players out of position. Reid has never played D. Benning at center? Never seen him take a faceoff. I can appreciate throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks, but that's just going to irreversibly knock that proverbial wall down.
                    Sauce belongs on offense and we could use his scoring ability there. Personally, I would sit Benning, Cockerill and Reid, but since JM will not do that (Benning has relatives in high places who could help JM with his next job, Cockerill has a 4-year scholly and was meant to be the savior instead of still being winless for the year and Reid has the C on his chest), I was looking for a way for him to change things up in a way that didn't require guts and integrity. Because if it requires guts and integrity . . .

Comment

• Program is dead in the water. Would be nice to think otherwise ..when (if) we get a real HC. Until then.. like a bad movie that never ends.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                        This has to be the result of Dennehy whining to Bertagna. Multiple looks at the replay lead me to believe that Torin was reaching for the post with his left hand in order to protect himself. He bent his arm and apparently made contact with the goalie (who has more than a little protective gear on his head). The Merrimack announcers didn't think the contact was significant and the refs only gave him two minutes.

There are lots of two minute goalie interference penalties that don't carry a game suspension. Why is this one different? Because there was an injury? Injuries are, unfortunately, a part of the game.

Comment

Just saw the line charts and my initial reaction was both Kevin Roy and Mike Szmatula looking at who is on their respective lines and wondering "Really? Is this Hockey East? Is this Division 1? Wish I were back in the USHL." Oh well. I hope the DogHouse is strong and they are rewarded, but this looks like it is going to be a long season.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                            This has to be the result of Dennehy whining to Bertagna. Multiple looks at the replay lead me to believe that Torin was reaching for the post with his left hand in order to protect himself. He bent his arm and apparently made contact with the goalie (who has more than a little protective gear on his head). The Merrimack announcers didn't think the contact was significant and the refs only gave him two minutes.

There are lots of two minute goalie interference penalties that don't carry a game suspension. Why is this one different? Because there was an injury? Injuries are, unfortunately, a part of the game.
                            The clip is on Hockeyeastonline.com for those that want to watch it for themselves.

I didn't think he was near the post at all. And I don't see why any person would be reaching for the post to protect himself. So I didn't see what you saw there.

What I did see was a WWE-like diving forearm/elbow that would make Lex Luger proud. While I agree the behind the goal angle makes it appear that it was only a graze, the intent was there and that's where the suspension comes from.

Regardless of protective gear or how solid he connected with the head, I saw intent and the goalie left the game with a concussion. I think we lucked out that he only got 1 game suspension.

And to beat a dead horse here. This is not the first time a player under Madigan was suspended or got a penalty with intent to injure in mind.... Just saying.
                            Doghouse Class of 2004

Hockey East Fan of the Year 2004
                            NU "Superfan" Award winner 2004

Comment

The clip is on Hockeyeastonline.com for those that want to watch it for themselves.

I didn't think he was near the post at all. And I don't see why any person would be reaching for the post to protect himself. So I didn't see what you saw there.

What I did see was a WWE-like diving forearm/elbow that would make Lex Luger proud. While I agree the behind the goal angle makes it appear that it was only a graze, the intent was there and that's where the suspension comes from.

Regardless of protective gear or how solid he connected with the head, I saw intent and the goalie left the game with a concussion. I think we lucked out that he only got 1 game suspension.

And to beat a dead horse here. This is not the first time a player under Madigan was suspended or got a penalty with intent to injure in mind.... Just saying.
                              It looked to me as though he tried to reach over the goalies head and grabbed the post about halfway up, then pushed away so that his body would go past the net. Do not confuse Torin with Ferriero.

Beanstalk - Please post those lines, or a link, for those of us who are twit-illiterate. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
                                It looked to me as though he tried to reach over the goalies head and grabbed the post about halfway up, then pushed away so that his body would go past the net. Do not confuse Torin with Ferriero.

Beanstalk - Please post those lines, or a link, for those of us who are twit-illiterate. Thanks
                                Roy/Hedges/McMurtry
                                Sukura/Szmatula/Reid
                                NStevens/JStevens/Rosenthal
                                Jameison/Pond/Collier

Darou/Benning
                                Lauwers/Cockerill
                                Fennell/Sauce

Comment

Working...
                                X