Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Roy from 25 odd feet out.. ENG
    5-3
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

NU, 5-3 final. Take the 'W' & get out..
      Sloppy but they came back.

Witt needs to rest.

Go Huskies
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I paid for the shaky stream and got updates from my daughter who is a sophomore. at UMASS. Although like atlot of us mentioned on here, many agreed that this was such a "trap game" against a Minuteman team that has been playing fairly well as of late. I will say that in a traditional year after the initial big win in the Beanpot, historical stats would indicate that NU would usually lose this game, especially away. Not tonight though. Although they were sloppy and made some poor choices with the puck, they still managed to get 2 points on sheer talent and effort. KRoy is on fire and looks better with time and space than just about anyone in HE right now

I would have like to see JM give DRoy-(lil bro) the start between the pipes tonight, as Witt looked pretty tired. Hopefully, he can just get back to campus put he BEATS on and relax until Monday to help get his head in the game.

It wasn’t pretty so we should take it and move forward. Hey, don't look now, but if this team has a few more 4 point weekends over the next few weeks, our dogs could not only finish in the top 3 or 4 in HE but could also be a dark horse for the Pairwise selection and that my fellow NU fans, given the pathetic start, is just amazing.

GO HUSKIES!
        Last edited by RossiRules; 02-06-2015, 08:47 PM.

Comment

You knew they weren't going to be razor sharp tonight with the magnitude of the game on Monday. Certainly one will you will take the 2 points, and move on. Hard to believe they are over .500, given the start.
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post

I would have like to see JM give DRoy-(lil bro) the start between the pipes tonight, as Witt looked pretty tired. Hopefully, he can just get back to campus put he BEATS on and relax until Monday to help get his head in the game.

GO HUSKIES!
            I hope you are correct RossiRules,I have been very happy at D.Roy's playing of late.but fear for the prospect of the weight of a Beanpot final on his shoulders is too much to bear,the reason I bring it up is by starting Witt tonight youre practically assuring an exhausted Clay Witt or a fresh D.Roy starting Monday,Madigan must have considered either option,unless,he is lacking in coaching skills,and that.in itself has been a matter of a great deal of wind spent ruminating on said coaches ability or lack therof

I am an un-Happy Husky at the possibilities of either a tired Witt or inexperienced D.Roy who shows promise,but,way too unproven with a contest of this magnitude,have I gone mad or has Madigan? PS after reading TheRevengeance response on Witt's "tiredness" I stand corrected and relieved
            Last edited by Happy Husky; 02-06-2015, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
              ...Hey, don't look now, but if this team has a few more 4 point weekends over the next few weeks, our dogs could not only finish in the top 3 or 4 in HE but could also be a dark horse for the Pairwise selection and that my fellow NU fans, given the pathetic start, is just amazing...
              One step at a time....just one step at a time. Getting to .500 in the HEA standings and (finally!) moving above .500 overall are significant, hard-earned, and very significant accomplishments, given the indescribably abysmal start. Making the PWR cut is still very much an uphill climb but Northeastern's even being mentioned in the same sentence as "pairwise" is something that would have sent us all to the funny farm until now. Stealing the Beanpot from BU Monday night would be a nice start. After that, sweeps of UConn and Maine are well within the realm of possibility. That leaves the final weekend of the season with the aforementioned ratdogs. If they can pick up eight league points the rest of the way and get the inside track on home ice for the playoffs, we can start drooling about the PWR.

Have to admit I was nervous about tonight. A classic trap game against a team that, like NU, has been playing its best hockey lately. But one step at a time.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Why the talk of Witt being "exhausted" because he played tonight? I also had expected Roy, but I don't see the reason to raise an alarm. Even if he starts Monday, that'll be three games in seven days, which was preceded by 9 days off and at very worst it's still better than the countless time goalies play both nights of a weekend series. By the same logic, O'Connor played the weekend before the first round, 4 and a half periods against Harvard, tonight, and will play Monday and nobody's even mentioned it.

Comment

• Think Witt seemed a bit off tonight.. that's all. May just have been tired from the BC.gm..

given the wknd & most of Monday, i fully expect him to start Monday night.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                    Why the talk of Witt being "exhausted" because he played tonight? I also had expected Roy, but I don't see the reason to raise an alarm. Even if he starts Monday, that'll be three games in seven days, which was preceded by 9 days off and at very worst it's still better than the countless time goalies play both nights of a weekend series. By the same logic, O'Connor played the weekend before the first round, 4 and a half periods against Harvard, tonight, and will play Monday and nobody's even mentioned it.
                    You got it right,nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
                      ...by starting Witt tonight youre practically assuring an exhausted Clay Witt..starting Monday...
                      Witt will NOT be tired. Trust me.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I should have thought more (or less) before I said that,My main concern is that,Witt get the start,I would be much more confident with him in net #GoNU

Comment

Beanpot 'W' may still be a longshot Monday.. they're a good team.. and because we're NU.. it'll be one thing or the other..
                          but.. what the heck..
                          we're unranked, slim to no shot at NCAA, poor start & all.. what do we have to lose?
                          Just play & have fun boys.. win, lose, let chips fall where they fall. Team playing as a team right now & that is fun to follow.. Beanpot Monday, following wknd, & into the playoffs!..

almost time for new thread before this one gets locked up.. current title way more appropriate for the new thread.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Does anyone know who the home team is Monday/when that is decided? If JM gets last change, I imagine he'll try to match Benning/Saucerman up with the Eichel line. No matter what, it's obviously advantage BU when Eichel/Rodrigues/O'Regan are on the ice. Huskies are going to have to put up a number to win but Roy, Szmatula and co. are capable.
                            Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 02-06-2015, 11:23 PM.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

We're apparently the home team. It was announced as such after the BC game at the Garden and I've seen it other places since then. No idea how it was picked though. I could have sworn it was a coin toss between us and BC sometime in the week leading up to the finals last year.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                                O'Connor did not play the weekend before the Harvard game.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X