Nanook Nation 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Lets do the math...... UA_ basketball.......no dates ...UA_ Hockey........about 20 dates...... 0 + 20 = 20

365 - 20 = 345 empty dates Yep UA_ owns the "Hot Carl"......
    Whoa
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Re: Nanook Nation 2014-2015

A friend of mine is part of the booster club. He told me their long term goal is an on campus facility. He also told me that he has had numerous conversations with the AD and their long term goal is also an on campus facility. Obviously there are many hurdles with that, and we may never see it, but it is in the conversation. I would support it, as I have always thought it would be better if the university had its own facility.
      All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
        A friend of mine is part of the booster club. He told me their long term goal is an on campus facility. He also told me that he has had numerous conversations with the AD and their long term goal is also an on campus facility. Obviously there are many hurdles with that, and we may never see it, but it is in the conversation. I would support it, as I have always thought it would be better if the university had its own facility.
        This is on the University's radar. But with the budget realities, who knows when it might or could happen. At this point, it's a want and not a need.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Our October schedule should tell us where we stand, tough month with Maine, Wisconsin, Penn State, Air Force and 2 at Western Michigan. Hope we decide on a goaltender early and find some scoring and perhaps win some games along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
            Our October schedule should tell us where we stand, tough month with Maine, Wisconsin, Penn State, Air Force and 2 at Western Michigan. Hope we decide on a goaltender early and find some scoring and perhaps win some games along the way.
            If we start, say, 4-2 we will be in good shape.

An interesting stat that nobody talks about is that Dallas Ferguson is 22-9-5 in non conference games as head coach. If you remove non-conference games against Anchorage he's still 16-5-5. Pretty impressive. When we went to the tourney in 2010 we were 5-0-1 in non conference games; goes to show you how valuable wins outside the league can be.

Comment

So what went on tonight? Final score? Analysis?

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                So what went on tonight? Final score? Analysis?
                3-1 Nook win. Got a bit chippy around the end. All 3 goalies got to play. I feel like Jones played best though. If Dodds plays in net for Western Ontario against UAA watch out for a bit of a drama queen. He definitely did all he could to get involved in the play to draw a penalty. But overall, a good game. Youngmun and Basara with 2 goals with the scores I believe and Parayko had a pretty solid night defensively.
                Last edited by UAFIceAngel; 10-04-2014, 03:21 AM.

Comment

The Nooks had all they could handle tonight but came away with a 3-1 victory in their first game of season against Western Ontario. This was a better test than most exhibitions games of late, so the coaches got a good look at what they’ve got. All goalies saw action and were tested. Youngmun opened up the scoring with an absolutely perfect breakaway feed from Kaiser to make it 1-0 Nooks.

Next week things get tougher.
                  Go Nooks!
                  Last edited by mmf; 02-21-2015, 10:37 AM. Reason: Removed embedded photos 2-20-15

Comment

Anyone know if Tyler Morley will be good to go this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      All I've heard is 50/50 chance. My bet is that he plays.
                      Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                        All I've heard is 50/50 chance. My bet is that he plays.
                        Thanks for the blog preview.

On another note, Scott Greenham has been assigned to AHL Binghamton.

Comment

Thanks for that!

Cody Kunyk expected to re-join Tampa Bay Lightning once Panik clears waivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            What is his injury? I tought he got hurt in thr first playoff game against UAA last year. Is this the same injury?

Comment

What is his injury? I tought he got hurt in thr first playoff game against UAA last year. Is this the same injury?
                              Not sure why he's still out. He got hurt in the Friday gov cup game, missed the next night and the playoff series. We are a different team without him, that's for sure.

Comment

He got injured in the friday night regular season game at home against UAA. He had surgery to repair that injury in late March. He's skating with the team, and is building confidence in that area of the body. My conversations last week had him at 50/50 for Kendall. And he's probably a lock for the Brice unless things have changed with his progress since then.

Comment

Working...
                                X