Nanook Nation 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    The only card I can remember is the ones issued there in the berg on the edge of nowhere.
    You know the one...perhaps you had one?....... an Alaska Peace Makers Militia ID...but the way I hear it you folks were burning them, disavowing them, trying to distance yourself as far from them as you could get.
    It's a shame as they must be quite the collectors item up there now.
    We promise to keep the Salcha denizens under control if you keep your gangs limited to Fairview and occasionally Boniface.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: Nanook Nation 2014-2015

Originally posted by mmf View Post
      Always free admission to the village of Fairbanks. We don’t even have to turn in our man card like Anchoragites do. Not that there is anything wrong with that…
      If I ever need one when I am in _airbanks I'll just ask any local women ......one of them will feel sorry for me and will loan me hers.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
        If I ever need one when I am in _airbanks I'll just ask any local women ......one of them will feel sorry for me and will loan me hers.
        Ok, that was kind of funny.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

The schedule for 2015-16 is out. Pretty typical, except we have three straight road series in January (albeit with a one week break in there). Non conference games are Arizona State and St. Cloud in Anchorage, RPI and AIC in the Brice tourney, and at Wisconsin.

Also hearing rumblings of increased beer access at the Carlson next season. That definitely won't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            The schedule for 2015-16 is out. Pretty typical, except we have three straight road series in January (albeit with a one week break in there). Non conference games are Arizona State and St. Cloud in Anchorage, RPI and AIC in the Brice tourney, and at Wisconsin.

Also hearing rumblings of increased beer access at the Carlson next season. That definitely won't hurt.
            I wish the Sully would expand the beer section as well, it's always full in that section.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Couple of new recruits headed up this fall. This brings the incoming class to 9 freshmen.

http://m.newsminer.com/sports/uaf_na....html?mode=jqm

Comment

I’m sure there are always a lot of unknowns right up until the time a recruit arrives on campus that fans are not and should not be aware of, but I’m curious as to what our updated list of “probable” recruits looks like for the 2015-16 season.

We typically have a core of recruits that are listed in any and every article, but then others are sometimes included or sometimes not, or it is unclear which season a recruit will start. The latest Alaska web site post only talks about seven incoming freshman for next year. Does anybody else have updated info, even if that info is subject to change?

And even assuming Woods is good to go (crosses fingers), it seems we still need another D-man.

2015-16 Recruits from recent Alaska web site post:
                John Mullany (LC), AJHL-Whitecourt Wolverines
                Ryker Leer (LW), AJHL-Camrose Kodiaks
                Chad Staley (RW), BCHL-Prince George Spruce Kings
                Jasen Fernsler (C), NAHL-Topeka Roadrunners
                Nikolas Koberstein (D), AJHL-Olds Grizzlies & USHL
                Jordan Burns (D), BCHL-Powel River & Silverbacks
                Jesse Jenks (G), BCHL-Prince George Spruce Kings

Still in the process somewhere, not sure which season:
                Tyler Cline (C/LW), NAHL-Minnesota Wilderness (2015-16 or 2016-17?)
                Troy Van Tetering (C/RW), AJHL-Lloydminster Bobcats (2016-17)
                Tristan Thompson (D), AJHL-Drumheller Dragons (2016-17)

Probably no longer in the mix:
                Chase McMurphy
                Ambrose Firkus

Can’t wait for the season to get started.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Looks like seven recruits, but still no roster for this upcoming season at alaskananooks.com.

Exhibition game vs Mount Royal Sunday October 4th at 3-07pm

series with Bemidji Sat // Sun Jan 2-3...Sunday game 5-07pm

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                    Looks like seven recruits, but still no roster for this upcoming season at alaskananooks.com.
                    Give the sports information person a break...... They are still attempting to figure out how to amend butterbeans all time record for USCHO. Hampering their attempt big-time is the fact they can’t cheat and look it up on his bio as UA_ has determined to dump that statistic.
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                      I do not believe that the Nooks ever publish a roster before school starts and players are officially present and enrolled.

Don’t pay any attention to Alaska Hockey. Seaweed fans are still a bit disappointed and touchy about the Governor’s Cup.

Comment

UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.
                        Asterisks????
                        Those games UA_ was cheating pure and simple. If you had used legal players you'd have lost on the ice.
                        If it makes you feel better go ahead and use an asterisk to keep them in your total.
                        Total? Perhaps you'd like to check the overall won loss record.
                        Whoops! That wouldn't feel so good would it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                          UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.
                          Asterisks????
                          Those games UA_ was cheating pure and simple. If you had used legal players you'd have lost on the ice.
                          If it makes you feel better go ahead and use an asterisk to keep them in your total.
                          Total? Perhaps you'd like to check the overall won loss record.
                          Whoops! That wouldn't feel so good would it?
                          So you won some games in the 80's and 90's against a school that spends half to 2/3 the amount on athletics that you do. Congrats? I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            So you won some games in the 80's and 90's against a school that spends half to 2/3 the amount on athletics that you do. Congrats? I guess?
                            Oh the pain!

and you obviously haven't seen your digs at the Carlson when you're sniveling about money
                            And for those of you who haven't seen them, the team quarters at the Carlson are world class, top of the line bar none, absolutely no expense spared
                            Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 06-09-2015, 11:21 PM.

Comment

It takes a few shekels to build a permanent display case for the Cup.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                                It takes a few free shekels to build a permanent display case for the Cup.

Go Nooks!
                                i fixed your post

Comment

Working...
                                X