Nanook Nation 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nanook Nation 2014-2015

"Anchorage television station KTUU is reporting that Alaska-Fairbanks senior forward Nolan Youngmun has been charged with two counts of felony sexual assault, stemming from an incident at a Fairbanks on-campus apartment complex on April 5th. He has since been banned from all university property.

Youngmun was arraigned in Fairbanks court on April 14th, and faces a preliminary hearing schedule for April 24th"

Not a good start here for me but i had to do it. Sad news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nanookforlife View Post
      "Anchorage television station KTUU is reporting that Alaska-Fairbanks senior forward Nolan Youngmun has been charged with two counts of felony sexual assault, stemming from an incident at a Fairbanks on-campus apartment complex on April 5th. He has since been banned from all university property.

Youngmun was arraigned in Fairbanks court on April 14th, and faces a preliminary hearing schedule for April 24th"

Not a good start here for me but i had to do it. Sad news.
      Idiot. (Him, not you). Even if he beats the charges this will follow him for life. If he is convicted, and it sounds like there is a lot of evidence against him, well, see ya. Way to throw away opportunities by being nothing more than a grade A *******. The News Miner goes into more detail and it isn't pretty.

The University wasted no time getting him off campus, either. At least we aren't like Florida State in that regard.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        Idiot. (Him, not you). Even if he beats the charges this will follow him for life. If he is convicted, and it sounds like there is a lot of evidence against him, well, see ya. Way to throw away opportunities by being nothing more than a grade A *******. The News Miner goes into more detail and it isn't pretty.

The University wasted no time getting him off campus, either. At least we aren't like Florida State in that regard.
        What a dirt bag. The article doesn't mention he was a former Nanook hockey player, and comments have been disabled.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Kind of surprised by the Newsminer not mentioning the hockey connection. Either they don't know, which I doubt, or they left it out intentionally. Either way, kind of disappointed in what I thought was one of the better papers in the state.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I was just being a smartass about attendance, although I did have to google American International. They are located in Springfield, Mass., and have the dubious distinction of routinely having the lowest average home attendance in college hockey.

Curious who our third non-conference series is and where. My $$ is on a roadie to Penn State, based on recent trends.
            AIC has been around quite a while. they are a pretty good school, but a few years ago the president was absconding with funds and got caught, so they had a big hoo ha and got it straight a couple of years ago. They play in a municipal rink, and as you might or might not know, springfield is not all that wealthy, so it's a bit under the weather.
            I expect as time goes by that things will get better up there. Their fans are great.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Chancellor Rogers just announced his retirement due to health reasons, and that he will not seek the UA president seat.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Kind of surprised by the Newsminer not mentioning the hockey connection. Either they don't know, which I doubt, or they left it out intentionally. Either way, kind of disappointed in what I thought was one of the better papers in the state.
                I noticed that too. News Miner is solid on local news and statewide political reporting but their sports page needs a lot of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  I noticed that too. News Miner is solid on local news and statewide political reporting but their sports page needs a lot of work.
                  Yeah, it seems weirdly quiet up there media wise. It's not a huge scandal but it is kind of weird.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Yeah, it seems weirdly quiet up there media wise. It's not a huge scandal but it is kind of weird.
                    Considering the Chancellor just announced he is retiring I doubt this Youngmun thing will get much more coverage locally until his trial.

Comment

Considering the Chancellor just announced he is retiring I doubt this Youngmun thing will get much more coverage locally until his trial.
                      Interesting timing.

I dunno, probably not intentional but it seems odd to be ignored like this.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Interesting timing.

I dunno, probably not intentional but it seems odd to be ignored like this.
                        Tell the pony to take off the tin foil hat.

Comment

Tell the pony to take off the tin foil hat.

Honestly, I don't think there's anything nefarious going on.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Chancellor Rogers just announced his retirement due to health reasons, and that he will not seek the UA president seat.
                            I sincerely hope his health turns out OK.
                            Good news that he won't seek the President seat.

Comment

At least Youngmun is a local kid and the thing might not be an international incident. The Lasse Uusivirta incident is back up again, and I'm glad of it. UAH completely screwed the pooch, but I like that the first public step here with Youngmun is that he's banned from UAF property. Uusivirta's presence was never a problem for anyone. It was an absolute failure of leadership at UAH.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                At least Youngmun is a local kid and the thing might not be an international incident. The Lasse Uusivirta incident is back up again, and I'm glad of it. UAH completely screwed the pooch, but I like that the first public step here with Youngmun is that he's banned from UAF property. Uusivirta's presence was never a problem for anyone. It was an absolute failure of leadership at UAH.

GFM
                                It is a dark side of college sports that this kind of stuff happens. Jameis Winston...Duke...there's a current athlete rape case at Oregon...your UAH case, so on. Perhaps I am generalizing too much, but I think athletes are coddled and brown-nosed enough on their respective campuses that some of them start thinking they are above the law. And let's face it, most male athletes have girls falling all over them anyway.

Per the Anchorage paper, Youngmun is presently living on taxpayer dollars at Fairbanks Correctional Center.

Comment

Working...
                                X