Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nanook Nation 2014-2015

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Talk about losers, your selfish team may have cost the conference a third team in the tourney by being ranked so low when you beat Bowling Green. Way to go. Way. To. Go.
    We are sorry about, but I know UA_ did their part and didn't beat them.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Sean Cahill.

That is all.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Also, one point of curiosity: Is that the first time we've ever shut out Anchorage in Anchorage?
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          Also, one point of curiosity: Is that the first time we've ever shut out Anchorage in Anchorage?
          No.

http://collegehockeystats.net/0405/boxes/makaakf1.o23
          Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
            No.

http://collegehockeystats.net/0405/boxes/makaakf1.o23
            BUT. First time in 10 years.
            Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Good job boys.
              Do it again tonight and you'll have a shot (or three) at the Cup and probably a good chance to place fourth in conference standings.

Comment

Nanooks defensive game was on point last night. Cahill did make some critical saves so I am sure it'll be another good game tonight. UAA skated pretty well but nothing seemed to connect for them, hoping that happens again!

Comment

I'm still on the road so haven't been following any Nook news. Did Parayko even get on the same plane as the rest of the team Saturday night or was he flying first class to St. Louis.

I would expect he leaves, but there are also good reasons to return. It would be nice to see him on a bigger college stage next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                    I'm still on the road so haven't been following any Nook news. Did Parayko even get on the same plane as the rest of the team Saturday night or was he flying first class to St. Louis.

I would expect he leaves, but there are also good reasons to return. It would be nice to see him on a bigger college stage next year.
                    All quiet on that front so far, at least publicly. I, along with everybody else, hope he's back. If he anchors our defense again we have a chance to be really good next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post

No news yet. It sure would be nice to have him stay. Most of the offense is coming back, but we are losing Campbell and Kaiser. Both of whom had double digit points this year. Losing parayko will make the hole on defense even bigger, not to mention Cahill leaving also.

Comment

I hope that he stays. Parayko makes the WCHA better. It was really something watching him decide that he could jump into the play in Huntsville —*it felt like there were two of him on the ice.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          I hope that he stays. Parayko makes the WCHA better. It was really something watching him decide that he could jump into the play in Huntsville —*it felt like there were two of him on the ice.

GFM
                          I knew it going into this weekend but UAA had no answer for him. It was the first time I really paid close attention to it in person, but there was nothing they could do. If he wanted to get a Seawolf off a puck, he simply moved them off the puck. It was kind of remarkable.

He could certainly use another season to hone his skills at the college level; I think he would be a better pro player as a result. But I could certainly see the Blues deciding that he's not going to get a whole lot more competition at this level and making the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            I knew it going into this weekend but UAA had no answer for him. It was the first time I really paid close attention to it in person, but there was nothing they could do. If he wanted to get a Seawolf off a puck, he simply moved them off the puck. It was kind of remarkable.

He could certainly use another season to hone his skills at the college level; I think he would be a better pro player as a result. But I could certainly see the Blues deciding that he's not going to get a whole lot more
                            competition at this level and making the call.
                            That was a nice goal from parayko on Friday from the red line! Too bad someone was offsides. I like watching him in the shootout too, but it's nice they didn't need him.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                              That was a nice goal from parayko on Friday from the red line! Too bad someone was offsides. I like watching him in the shootout too, but it's nice they didn't need him.
                              Brandon Morley was offsides on that play. Probably lucky for UAA it didn't count. I think the wheels would have really come off if they actually allowed a goal like that.

I remember Dan Cloutier let one like that in when the Canucks were playing the Red Wings in the playoffs probably close to 15 years ago...I don't think he ever got over it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                                No news yet. It sure would be nice to have him stay. Most of the offense is coming back, but we are losing Campbell and Kaiser. Both of whom had double digit points this year. Losing parayko will make the hole on defense even bigger, not to mention Cahill leaving also.
                                Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford 7 minutes ago
                                #stlblues announce entry-level deal with defenseman Colton Parayko.
                                Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Working...
                                X