Elmira College 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
    Well, balls... I posted in the 2013-2014 EC thread that Martin Lee would be coming-back to play in Elmira, albeit with the Cincinnati Cyclones when they play the Jackals this coming weekend. Lee was traded to the Missouri Mavericks yesterday, so as of this moment we will not get the chance to see Marty play in the area for a while. Wishing him the best of luck in Missouri.

Cheers!!!

~TTF
    They're not playing Cincinnati now anyway. The schedule changed after the CHL absorption. They're playing Brampton.

Comment

Re: Elmira College 2014-2015

Martin also had 2 goals tonight for the Mavericks.

Comment

Originally posted by dhammond View Post
        Martin also had 2 goals tonight for the Mavericks.
        Sweet love seeing are grads having success at the next level!!!
        GO EC GO

Comment

"Dome" Opener!!

The Dome finally opens for the first home game of the 2014-2015 season. With today's home opener comes a bonus announcement that we'll see the Men and Women play a game downtown this year at the First Arena <link to announcement at athletics.elmira.edu>.

The Men will play Wesleyan at 3:00 on Saturday, Dec 6, while the Women will play Potsdam at 1:00 on Sunday, Dec 7.

But at the moment, I'm looking forward to tonight's game against Utica to shake the summer dust off the dome!

Cheers!!!
          ~TTF
          Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 11-14-2014, 02:52 PM. Reason: Added Link to Story at athletics.elmira.edu
          Dave
          RIT - '90

Comment

UC v EC

Great opening night crowd (1500-1600) at the MAC considering the First Arena was giving free admission to veterans. Highlites of the night:
            • EC seemed to be able to clear their zone at will ... quite a change from years past
            • No EC penalties for the first 15 minutes ... another welcome change
            • DiMelo played the entire game. He makes the routine saves
            • First period was dominated by EC forcing UC to ice the puck a bunch
            • First EC goal was a flutter-puck that 31 attempted to backhand instead of blocker and simply whiffed
            • In the 1st half of the game, EC played with great intensity, and finished every check in all three zones. Out hustled and out muscled UC.
            • Heenan appeared absolutely despondent for the first 30 minutes
            • EC dressed 6 freshman each of whom had a solid game. The night's major faux pas were committed by upperclassmen
            • End of second, UC took a major and a gamer, but EC couldn't score. Seem to spark UC.
            • 3rd period, UC was the better team, and got a couple of gut-check, dirty goals. EC seemed to lose interest!?
            • UC has 14 frosh on the roster, and it showed.
            • Both teams had a bunch of Grade A+ chances, but the final touch just wasn't to be found tonight

Comment

Re: UC v EC

I don't see where anyone else has brought it up so I'll do it. I've been around the Domes since 88 and this is the first time I've ever seen the men wear a color other than gold for helmets. I like the purple. What does everyone else think?

Comment

Re: UC v EC

The women have had purple helmets, maybe even since their inception?
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Elmira College 2014-2015 Schedule

Looks like Coach juggled things up a bit tonight. Sal in goal, A-line shuffled!? Anyone make the trip up 14 tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                    Looks like Coach juggled things up a bit tonight. Sal in goal, A-line shuffled!? Anyone make the trip up 14 tonight?
                    Well, they laid a big egg this weekend. PK isn't good, and they can't keep the puck in the offensive zone and sustain pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by EC_SoaringEagle83 View Post
                      Well, they laid a big egg this weekend. PK isn't good, and they can't keep the puck in the offensive zone and sustain pressure.
                      PK % is only .73 and they're scoring an average of 2.57 goals per game. This won't cut it!

Comment

Last weekend of 2014

Some thoughts on the first half, and the Nazareth/Wesleyan games:
                        • The ECAC/W has achieved parity. No stellar squads, no pushovers. That being said, the overall quality of play is as bad as I can recall. Most of these players couldn't have cracked an ECAC/W lineup 10 years ago (except perhaps Neumann).
                        • This is not the same team that won the West earlier this year. Not sure where they went.
                        • Depp had a really great weekend, seems to be playing at a level beyond that of the rest of his team. Caught Wesleyan's 22 from behind, undressed him, and used him like Pretty Woman.
                        • The intense checking game that EC utilized early on this season has completely disappeared. Weren't more than 10 decent checks in the last two games. Change of philosophy or a lack of fortitude?
                        • Untimely, ill-advised, lazy penalties accompanied by a dismal PK are recipes for disaster
                        • Accuracy in passing, shooting, clearing the zone could be improved upon. Too many blind passes, connections to opponents, wrong side of the stick, bouncing, ankles of defenders, etc
                        • Against Naz, EC was much better toward the ends of the periods. The tying goal on Friday, which Naz could have easily cleared down a man, caused Roll to absolutely lose his mind.
                        • Collins is missed, but the frosh seem to be a solid group. More energy out of the Fr. lines than the others.
                        • Most of EC's shots are predictable and from sharp angles. Without a ton of skill and speed, a bit more creativity, traffic, congestion in front of the net might help
                        • EC avenged a humiliation against Wesleyan at the 2012 Card Classic. Drove 14 hours to watch them mail it in ... twice.
                        • Team defense, especially defending from behind their own net, was suspect today. Wesleyan scored 3 or 4 from that zone.
                        • Two goal leads are the kiss of death. A penalty or give-away is sure to follow close behind.
                        • Goaltending: 30 > 1. Wesleyan's tender was really shaky. Allowed 7 goals on 26 average shots.
                        • 0 students on Friday, quite a few there today. Attendance v. Naz was very very poor, not much better today although it was a 3p start.
                        • The die-hard hockey fan willing to endure a poor environment is quickly becoming extinct. Today's generation wants wi-fi access, instant replay, a "kiss-cam", the ability to dine out before, decent lighting, gourmet concessions, temps warm enough to text without gloves, and easy in/out parking. Despite the mystique of the Domes, I don't see the next generation of fans lining up to watch EC play at the MAC anymore. It's been a nice ride.

Merry Christmas, and see ya'll in 2015.
                        Cue JConnor

Comment

I love the MAC like the next person, but things change and you need to change with the times. Do you honestly think Oswego would be a national title contender every year if they still played in the Romney Fieldhouse? It would be perfect if the Jackals were gone and EC could move downtown, because I think it would help the program. It was fun at the MAC when we had 3,000 fans in there, but that isn't going to happen anymore.

Look at the dump RIT was playing in, and the new arena they have now. It took lots of money, but they found a way to do it. I find it amusing people think Elmira is going to win a National Championship at the MAC.

Comment

Is Collins hurt? Saw the game on Empire TV. Can't remember an EC team that loses so many faceoffs and many in the defensive zone that lead to a lot of extra shots on net for the other team.

Comment

Originally posted by fbushey View Post
                              Is Collins hurt? Saw the game on Empire TV. Can't remember an EC team that loses so many faceoffs and many in the defensive zone that lead to a lot of extra shots on net for the other team.
                              Yes he has a cast on his wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by EC_SoaringEagle83 View Post
                                I love the MAC like the next person, but things change and you need to change with the times. Do you honestly think Oswego would be a national title contender every year if they still played in the Romney Fieldhouse? It would be perfect if the Jackals were gone and EC could move downtown, because I think it would help the program. It was fun at the MAC when we had 3,000 fans in there, but that isn't going to happen anymore.

Look at the dump RIT was playing in, and the new arena they have now. It took lots of money, but they found a way to do it. I find it amusing people think Elmira is going to win a National Championship at the MAC.
                                The Ritter was hardly a dump....
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X