Elmira College 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elmira College 2014-2015

Agree with the comments made about the weekend games. EC comes out and has no specific game plan for each team it plays. They go out with the same exact approach to each game, and the results bear that out. We are a 500 team, with mediocrity showing in every phase of our game. Nothing great, nothing terrible, just middle of the road every night in every phase against every team. And on the topic of the MAC....I was there for the great wars and battles of yesteryear, but its time to go to nexteryear, and move the team downtown to a facility that represents the current times, and will draw some students because of the proximity to the campus. Love the 3 decades of memories from our beloved Domes, but its time.
    2017-2018 ECAC-W PICK EM CHAMPION
    2016-2017 ECAC-W PICK EM 3RD PLACE
    2015-2016 ECAC-W PICK EM CHAMPION
    2014-2015 ECAC-W PICK EM 2ND PLACE
    2013-2014 ECAC W PICK-EM CHAMPION
    2010-2011 ECAC-W PICK-EM CHAMPION
    2007-2008 ECAC-W PICK-EM 2ND PLACE
    2007-2008 PLAYOFF PICK-EM 3RD PLACE

Comment

:-). I'm an EC Fan, I'll go to watch them play regardless of where. I'm still a die hard Domes Fan. No one will convince me that this team will go further just by moving downtown, fans? Yes you'll get the students but until something major happens to how this program is being run, it will never be a top 5 team again. I'm not convinced that the college is 100% committed to the program as they once were, why do we no longer have our own tourneys? Too few home games lately and too far between them. Three home games before Xmas and have to wait until Jan 6 for the next one? It wasnt like that in the " good old days"

Done ranting.
      Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
      Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
      Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        The Ritter was hardly a dump....
        The Lakers were pretty good at Romney as well.....

Comment

Originally posted by EC_SoaringEagle83 View Post
          I love the MAC like the next person, but things change and you need to change with the times. Do you honestly think Oswego would be a national title contender every year if they still played in the Romney Fieldhouse? It would be perfect if the Jackals were gone and EC could move downtown, because I think it would help the program. It was fun at the MAC when we had 3,000 fans in there, but that isn't going to happen anymore.

Look at the dump RIT was playing in, and the new arena they have now. It took lots of money, but they found a way to do it. I find it amusing people think Elmira is going to win a National Championship at the MAC.
          I agree. I am ready for change. Is Elmira College? I really think its a good switch to move the games downtown.. The arena would be great to host a tournament once in a while. Elmira always seems to travel for a tournament.
          The Domes hate to say, its boring.

Comment

I’m back!!! Apparently I was gone 384 days. Too lazy to change my password after it expired
            Last edited by ballgame; 12-10-2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Ok I read all the comments. Some of you aren’t too happy with this season. I think the team is working hard and coach implementing systems to compete. There is a fine line between running your own system and/or making adjustments based on what other team is doing.
              Im not a big fan of the purple buckets. Do they have home and away helmets now? I need to get an EC hockey hat.
              Overall I think the team is working hard. Coaching at EC is not easy because of the strong history of the program. Each era is unique so it hard to compare now to then.
              I like the Domes

Comment

Looks like two players are off the roster from the first half of the season: Erick Erickson (sp) who wore #5, and Jordan Robertson who wore #26.

Comment

Re: UC v EC

Well, it's been a full month since their last game, terrible schedule. I think it's no secret that the chance of an NCAA bid this year is another "dream" gone bye-bye. I guess we can only hope that this team can pull it together again like last year and "save face".

Not sure how the UC v EC reference got there ?
                  Last edited by jconnor; 01-05-2015, 08:20 PM.
                  Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                  Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                  Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                    Well, it's been a full month since their last game, terrible schedule. I think it's no secret that the chance of an NCAA bid this year is another "dream" gone bye-bye. I guess we can only hope that this team can pull it together again like last year and "save face".

Not sure how the UC v EC reference got there ?
                    Sometimes you can't control how the schedule falls. Gotta make sacrifices sometime
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Buff State @ EC

In a frigid MAC, EC breaks its two-game losing streak versus Buff State to kick off the SUNYAC portion of the schedule.
                      • Both teams had tons of chances on which they could not capitalize
                      • Score could have easily been in double digits
                      • Buff State committed not one penalty!?
                      • 240 fans in the seats at the anthem, about twice that many midway through the first.
                      • 16 students in the bleachers
                      • New Swede looks like a winner. Tons of energy
                      • It was obvious that EC had not played in a month, and Buff State had played last weekend
                      • EC's team defense especially around the net could be better
                      • EC gave up two goals on three penalties
                      • Good to have the strong hands of Collins back
                      • Still no sighting of Love. On the roster, but not dressed in forever.
                      • Much too many errant passes completed to players dressed in orange

Comment

Re: Buff State @ EC

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                        In a frigid MAC, EC breaks its two-game losing streak versus Buff State to kick off the SUNYAC portion of the schedule.
                        • 240 fans in the seats at the anthem, about twice that many midway through the first.
                        • It was obvious that EC had not played in a month, and Buff State had played last weekend - and were worn out by Norwich AND all the travel
                        Last edited by norm1909; 01-06-2015, 09:39 PM.
                        Larry Normandin
                        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                          • It was obvious that EC had not played in a month, and Buff State had played last weekend
                          I saw Love up in the stands when I was selling 50/50 tickets. All you need to do is look for the Fro..go with the fro!

Comment

Any EC fans making the trip to Geneseo tomorrow?

Comment

Brockport v. Elmira

Brockport extends their unbeaten streak (2nd longest in the nation to Lake Forest - eat your heart out Fornax) against a shaky Soaring Eagle team

Positives:
                              • Despite AFC playoff, great crowd, some students my guess is 1250
                              • Good puck movement in the offensive zone
                              • Tons of Grade A shots

Opportunities for improvement:
                              • Faceoffs - B'port probably won 75%
                              • The backcheck and play in the defensive end was abysmal
                              • Giveaways - especially in their own zone
                              • Ill-advised penalties coupled with one of the worst PK in D3 is a recipe for disaster
                              • Dickinson yells constantly throughout the game. He's going to have a stroke soon.

Comment

This ref Mark Zilliox is horrible and he has an attitude a mile long to boot. EC had an off night.

Comment

Working...
                                X