This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014-2015 Division I Scores & Results Thread

BU now up 2-1 early in the third with a power play goal. SCSU is hanging in there so far...
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      BU now up 2-1 early in the third with a power play goal. SCSU is hanging in there so far...
      St. Cloud responded. 2-2, 6:37 to go.

Poulin just went down hard and skated off gingerly.
      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
        St. Cloud responded. 2-2, 6:37 to go.

Poulin just went down hard and skated off gingerly.
        Russo scored to make it 3-2 BU. Then Poulin returned and doubled the lead.
        Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
        Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
        Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

End of 1: SLU 2 Clarkson 0 Shots were 8-8

Horn in the nets for Clarkson, MacDonald for SLU. Clarkson had very few good scoring chances in the period despite controlling as much of the play as SLU.
          Lots of passing and cycling but never developed any grade A scoring chances. SLU did a much better job of developing scoring chances.
          Mac Donald had ZERO tough saves in the period.
          Due to the camera positioning at SLU it was impossible to tell how the goals were scored.
          SLU had one PP goal.
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
            End of 1: SLU 2 Clarkson 0 Shots were 8-8

Horn in the nets for Clarkson, MacDonald for SLU. Clarkson had very few good scoring chances in the period despite controlling as much of the play as SLU.
            Lots of passing and cycling but never developed any grade A scoring chances. SLU did a much better job of developing scoring chances.
            Mac Donald had ZERO tough saves in the period.
            Due to the camera positioning at SLU it was impossible to tell how the goals were scored.
            SLU had one PP goal.
            Did the sound get any better? It sounded like they were broadcasting from inside a car wash.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Ohio State 1
              UNH 0 after 40 minutes
              "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

End of Period 2 Clarkson 3 SLU 3 Shots 14-7 Clarkson that period.

3 Min into the period Freshman Bellerive centers a pass that Shannon MacAulay redirects into the net. SLU now 2-1.
                At the 10 min mark SLU scores again to make it 3-1. Bad goal let in by Horn. Shea Tiley replaces Horn.
                With 7:30 sec to go, on the PP MacAulay gets the goal from Lambert. 3-2 SLU.
                With 4 min to go, on the PP Olivia Howe from Bellerive makes it 3-3.
                Last edited by vicb; 10-03-2014, 07:12 PM.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Did the sound get any better? It sounded like they were broadcasting from inside a car wash.
                  Nope, the sound is really garbled.
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

SLU 5 Clarkson 3

Period 3

Clarkson dominates time of posession and SOG for the first 18 min. MacDonald made a number of good saves. With 2 min to go SLU comes down on a 3 on 2 and Hon scores on the rebound. Tiley made a great save on the first shot but could not control the rebound.
                    SLU scores on the EN to finish off the scoring.
                    Final SOG 35 to 23 Clarkson.
                    Last edited by vicb; 10-03-2014, 07:52 PM.
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

UW 4 UMD 1, SOG 35-15 UW Clark 2 g 1 a (1sh) ENG's by Ammerman and Burke. Hickle scored for UMD off the rebound to make it 2-1 in the 3rd, but the ENG's closed it out.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Mercyhurst 3 Providence 0
                        Scoreless until halfway through third
                        EN for MU 3rd goal

Comment

RIT 2, Union 1 F

Union's goaltender kept them close while the Tigers dominated a good deal of the play.
                          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2010 Frozen Four participant
                          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Final: Minnesota 8, Penn State 0.

I suppose you'd have to be a Penn State fan to say this, but despite the score Penn State is a much better team than they were last year. This was game #1 of a new season, against the #1 team in the nation. Penn State can take a lot of intangibles away from this game.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                              Final: Minnesota 8, Penn State 0.
                              Penn State can take a lot of intangibles away from this game.
                              And Minnesota can too. Despite the lopsided score this evening, the game tape will show there is much the Gophers can learn from to improve their overall game, which tonight (again, despite the lopsided score) I would rate as "inconsistent". They will need to be better in all aspects of their game if they are to beat a very talented BU team tomorrow night.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

BU was tied with SCSU late in the third. Minnesota will be fine.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X