Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014-2015 Minnesota Women's Hockey: The Maroon & Gold Strike Back!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 Minnesota Women's Hockey: The Maroon & Gold Strike Back!

Gophers' announcement about FF tickets being available:
    http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...121614aaa.html
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Gophers' announcement about FF tickets being available:
      http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...121614aaa.html
      "In addition, the first 500 fans to purchase an all-session chairback or adult/senior/student/youth bench ticket before Jan. 9 will receive a complimentary ticket to the Jan. 11 women's hockey game between Minnesota and Wisconsin at Ridder Arena."

I wonder how they will let people know if they were one of the first 500? I purchased mine online yesterday right at 9:00am.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        "In addition, the first 500 fans to purchase an all-session chairback or adult/senior/student/youth bench ticket before Jan. 9 will receive a complimentary ticket to the Jan. 11 women's hockey game between Minnesota and Wisconsin at Ridder Arena."

I wonder how they will let people know if they were one of the first 500? I purchased mine online yesterday right at 9:00am.
        Just bought two chair-back seats very near to where you and I usually park for the 1st and 3rd. All sessions, and received the five buck discount on each. No freebie.

I snooze...I lose...
        Last edited by brookyone; 12-19-2014, 01:40 PM.
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I have a really important question -- when is Sally's expected to reopen?
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            I have a really important question -- when is Sally's expected to reopen?
            Did you mean Surly's?
            http://www.startribune.com/local/you...286115401.html

Looks like your kind of place!
            http://www.startribune.com/local/min...286371981.html
            Last edited by D2D; 12-19-2014, 02:34 PM.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Nah man, Sally's!

http://cbsminnesota.files.wordpress..../08/sallys.jpg

That place was our go-to hangout when we went out for the BC/Minnesota series

Comment

Nah man, Sally's!
                The Big 10 is a block away, has a better beer selection and it's actually possible to hear each other if you want to talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                  The Big 10 is a block away, has a better beer selection and it's actually possible to hear each other if you want to talk.
                  Okay good to know.

This is all very important information.

Comment

Ok, here's my one question……

Except for the BU quarterfinal last year when the Gophers matched Kelly Terry's line against Sarah Leforts', all other games last this year and so far this year, the Gophers choose which line and d pairing to play based on their own judgment within the game, and do not base the decision on who is on the ice for the other team at any given time. In other words, except in the BU game, they are not concerned with match ups. Is this correct? Anybody have info or impressions to disagree with this?

Comment

And here's my other question…….

In the Frozen Four at Ridder in March, if the Gophers are in a game but are the lower seed, will they be using the visitor's locker room and bench?

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post

In the Frozen Four at Ridder in March, if the Gophers are in a game but are the lower seed, will they be using the visitor's locker room and bench?
                        Assuming that the rules would be the same as when men's regionals were held at campus sites, it depends. Usually whoever was the home team got to use their regular dressing room. However, in 2002 with the regional at Yost Arena in Ann Arbor, George Gwozdecky and Craig Dahl threw a hissy fit and not only made Michigan use a visiting dressing room, they made them chip the Michigan logo out of center ice and and put in something neutral. So, the higher seed can force all of that if they really want to be complete *******es. Not that it did either St. Cloud State or DU any good.

That regional also featured the Michigan student section serenading Ron Mason off the ice after he lost the last game of his career to Colorado College and Mike Komisarek dropping the St. Cloud mascot with a cross-check before the game; the Husky had gotten up in the Michigan players' grill taunting them during the introductions and then made the mistake of skating right through the team as he was leaving the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                          Assuming that the rules would be the same as when men's regionals were held at campus sites, it depends. Usually whoever was the home team got to use their regular dressing room. However, in 2002 with the regional at Yost Arena in Ann Arbor, George Gwozdecky and Craig Dahl threw a hissy fit and not only made Michigan use a visiting dressing room, they made them chip the Michigan logo out of center ice and and put in something neutral. So, the higher seed can force all of that if they really want to be complete *******es. Not that it did either St. Cloud State or DU any good.
                          Wow. hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post

That regional also featured the Michigan student section serenading Ron Mason off the ice after he lost the last game of his career to Colorado College and Mike Komisarek dropping the St. Cloud mascot with a cross-check before the game; the Husky had gotten up in the Michigan players' grill taunting them during the introductions and then made the mistake of skating right through the team as he was leaving the ice.
                            IIRC, UMD made the Gophers use the visitor bench in the 2010 WCHA Championship Game at Ridder, but that the Gophers were allowed to use their regular locker room. But that caused added chaos in the locker room hallway as the Gophers had to wait for the Bulldogs to go to the home bench and clear the hallway before being allowed to head to their bench.

I do not recall if the same thing occurred when the two teams met again 12 days later in the NCAA semifinal at Ridder.
                            Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                            Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                            Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Random question for Gopher fans -- does anyone remember Ken Gernander? I'm going to the local AHL team's game tonight and he's been their coach for like 12 years, and before that he was a player there for like 5 years. So some of my earliest sports memories as a kid are of this AHL guy who played for the same team for YEARS, then coached the same team, and I found out yesterday he played for the Gophers from 87-91.

Random, I know.
                              Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 12-20-2014, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Random question for Gopher fans -- does anyone remember Ken Gernander? I'm going to the local AHL team's game tonight and he's been their coach for like 12 years, and before that he was a player there for like 5 years. So some of my earliest sports memories as a kid are of this AHL guy who played for the same team for YEARS, then coached the same team, and I found out yesterday he played for the Gophers from 87-91.

Random, I know.
                                Sure, I seem to remember him scoring some big goals. I believe he came from Coleraine, MN. Nice to know he has made a career of it I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X