Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014-2015 Minnesota Women's Hockey: The Maroon & Gold Strike Back!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 Minnesota Women's Hockey: The Maroon & Gold Strike Back!

Short but sweep recaps from the Twin Cities rags...

Star Tribune - Gophers win 13th game in row over Badgers on OT goal

Pioneer Press/TwinCities.com - Gophers women's hockey: Leveille, U sweep Badgers
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

CH. 5, KSTP, had video of the win on its late news last night. They aren't as quick as KARE-11 or KMSP to cover GWH, so I took that as progress given there is no mammoth win streak -- just the usual #1 vs #2 matchup.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
        CH. 5, KSTP, had video of the win on its late news last night. They aren't as quick as KARE-11 or KMSP to cover GWH, so I took that as progress given there is no mammoth win streak -- just the usual #1 vs #2 matchup.
        Well I predicted that Wisco was going to dominate this series so little did I know....I think that OT/SO loss to UMD woke the Gophs up!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeysbest View Post
          Well I predicted that Wisco was going to dominate this series so little did I know....I think that OT/SO loss to UMD woke the Gophs up!
          I think that playing Wisconsin is what woke the Gophers up.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
            Why is the sniveling not in the Wisconsin thread? No faux apology required there.
            The bad calls went both ways. I just wish the tick tacky crap would not get called. It really ruins the flow of the game.

Also, the demise of the rodent dynasty is greatly exaggerated.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

1/5th to 1/3rd of even strength goals are scored during a line change. I guess we know which team needs to work on that

Comment

Over the course of the history of these rivalries, facing UMD and UW on the road early in the season, almost every season since they began playing a 2 win 2 loss outcome for those 4 games would have been considered a really good result.

I am having a hard time with this but I am feeling just a tiny bit disappointed with 3-0-1.

Go Gophers!
                Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                  I am having a hard time with this but I am feeling just a tiny bit disappointed with 3-0-1.
                  Well, breaking it down and considering more recent history only, plus the perceived talent level of both teams in question, I would say winning two against the Badgers on the road is a tremendous accomplishment. As much as the tie the week before in Duluth was disappointing - especially given the subpar effort the second night - I'm extremely encouraged by the Gophers' performance (and wins) this weekend. They played totally awesome Friday - about as well as you could ask of any Gopher team in their history - and managed to come back and beat a very determined and talented Wisconsin team in the rematch.

So I guess all things considered I'm very happy with their 3-0-1 start in WCHA play.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/womens...no-1-wisconsin

Happy to see #7 get a huge goal, and her 1st of the campaign...when the potential for some frustration seemed imminent.

And a very nice goal it was eh?
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

It was indeed. The good news is that Bona is playing well so the goals should start showing up.

Potential letdown after a big series with WisconSIN as the Flickertails are in town this weekend? Whioux knows?
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                        It was indeed. The good news is that Bona is playing well so the goals should start showing up.

Potential letdown after a big series with WisconSIN as the Flickertails are in town this weekend? Whioux knows?
                        I like how Captain Ramsey addressed that possibility. An early learning opportunity and experience in Duluth I thought
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/womens...disappointment

The writer seems quite confident.
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                            Quite?

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/divi...142015/list-6/

The schedule in the above link shows a starting time of 6:00 CT for Friday night's game, which I believe is incorrect. GWH schedule shows 7:07 CT which I believe is the correct time.

Either way, with the Gopher men's game starting at 8:00 CT next door, the parking spots in nearby lots will go quickly.

Comment

Pictures from Noora's first start in Mestis League. 31 saves, loss 5-2.

http://www.jatkoaika.com/mestis/Kuva...-kuvina/162126

Comment

Working...
                                X