Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014-2015 Minnesota Women's Hockey: The Maroon & Gold Strike Back!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 Minnesota Women's Hockey: The Maroon & Gold Strike Back!

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
    Very poor video.
    I remembered that from the last time I purchased it, so I just trusted Dan for this weekend.

Per the points regarding the game blog...IMO, gone downhill with the switch to Twitter. I don't even bother anymore but it used to be fun under the original format.
    Yeah, I don't follow it anymore on Twitter, but some of the fan questions used to bug me. What are the shots? Livestats will tell you. Who scored? Again, look at the box score or scroll back in the thread. Don't ask the person who is trying to keep up with the action to type it in again. Although people like Mandy Hansen or Ross LaDue from UND are very good at it.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Very poor video. At least give the camera person a slightly elevated platform so the shot isn't frequently blocked by fans passing by. Cowboy hat guy liked to take his sweet time moving past the camera.

Good to see #'s 6, 7 and 20 in the box score.

Per the points regarding the game blog...IMO, gone downhill with the switch to Twitter. I don't even bother anymore but it used to be fun under the original format. I'm a dinosaur...who doesn't tweet.
      Video was better for me today than yesterday, at least. Yesterday I was buffering the whole time.

I'm with you on the blog over the twitter during the games.

One thing I liked, was hearing the Gopher bench coming from the U of M audio!

Comment

Per the points regarding the game blog...IMO, gone downhill with the switch to Twitter. I don't even bother anymore but it used to be fun under the original format. I'm a dinosaur...who doesn't tweet.
        I hate the twitter deal. Used to keep the blog up while listening to Dan because the fans participated too. With the twitter I am only seeing one side & it is not as active on game events either.

Comment

Nine goals scored this weekend, none of them by Brandt or Cameranesi, so people should be feeling better about scoring depth.

Overall the Gophers played well but not great. There was some questionable transition defense but the real issue is coverage around the net. All of the Buckeye goals that weren't scored with a two man advantage came in scrambles around the net. Overall the forwards are fine; it's the defense that we need to improve on.

Comment

I don't twitter so bring back the blog! The blog wasn't quite as much fun as standing and pumping my fist with the other fans after a Gopher goal, but it would have been nice to have typed "Way to go Meghan!" three times today on the blog. Some of the questions irritated me, too. I only asked a question once and that was if Jenessa Philiczyk was related to Jenelle. One time I typed "Let's get a shorty" and danged if they didn't score about 10 seconds later! During the game I used to keep the blog, live stats and Dan all open. It worked great and by the way "Way to go Kate!"
            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Meet the Freshmen, Part 1
              (Sidney Baldwin and Kelly Pannek)

http://www.powerplayclub.org/index.p...reshmen-part-1
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/womens...weep-hat-trick

Great to see #20 having a good weekend. Keep it going!
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Brooke Garzone and the series with the Mavericks.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...112014aaa.html
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Brooky... surprised you didn't post the MN Daily article link...

www.mndaily.com/sports/womens-hockey/2014/11/19/strong-power-play-creates-momentum-minnesota
                    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

http://www.usahockey.com/news_articl...rrer_id=836196
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Good article - thanks for posting!
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Pretty good football team they have down there in Mankato.
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Pretty good football team they have down there in Mankato.
                            A chunk of it was sitting in front of us. Fairly amusing.

Comment

Some quotes.

Coach Frost on if the lineup changes produced the desired effect:
                              Definitely on the defensive end. We just felt like it would solidify us defensively a little more if we had Wolfe back there, and she was as advertised. Just like last year, played extremely well and was composed with the puck. Obviously, up front we need to work a little more with Cara playing center. She only had a couple days of that, and same with Brook playing wing. Overall, pretty pleased with how things went.
                              Frost on Sletta getting into the game:
                              She's earned that. She's the consummate team player, puts everybody else before herself, so it was nice to reward her with that.
                              It was my first time to watch the reconfigured PP units, and I liked the changes. Obviously, #22 and #21 work well together, but I felt that Dani was being a little underutilized when she was with #22 and Pannek and they did most of the handling of the puck down low. Bona looked more dangerous having #21 to work with, kind of like she did on the PP with Davis last year, and it freed Lorence up to spend more time in front of the net on the PP, where she has scored a lot of goals in her career. Ramsey and Stecklein are fairly interchangeable in terms of who is on top on which unit. Ramsey has the bigger shot, in terms of being able to get it off, but #2 is pretty effective at finding people down low and putting shots on net that can be tipped. It remains to be seen how the changes will click against a top team, but I thought they were positive.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Was going to opine just as Frosty did regarding Wolfe and the move to D. He beat me to it. Easy to understand his contentment with the job she did. I was impressed.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X