Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014-2015 Minnesota Women's Hockey: The Maroon & Gold Strike Back!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014-2015 Minnesota Women's Hockey: The Maroon & Gold Strike Back!

Random thoughts about this past weekend:
    1. In the PSU pregame interview, Dan asked about Brad’s plans for the goalies this year. Sounded like the intent is for 29 to be the primary keeper and 37 to get some time as well.

2. Dan had Sidney Peters as his guest between periods in the BU game. Sounds like she is quite smart and taking a heavy class load for her pre-med program. She seemed to think the redshirt year really helped from an academic standpoint.

3. The comments about season tickets (and season ticket holders) in this thread would have been accurate if the only two options were season tickets and GA. However, with the pick-your-packs and single game ticket sales, some reserved seats will show as unavailable for season ticket purchase even though they will be empty a number of games. Here’s hoping the Rivalry Day ticket package brings in a bunch of new fans.

4. I see Mandy Hansen was the timekeeper for the games this past weekend. Does that mean the in-game blog she used to do has gone the way of the goal judges? I also keep looking for the video highlights that used to show up after each game. Did that fall victim to the switch to BTN for video coverage?

5. We saw MM on the bench in street clothes during warmups Saturday, so we were pretty sure we could rule out ebola as the reason she wasn’t playing. Hope to hear she's in the lineup this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
      4. I see Mandy Hansen was the timekeeper for the games this past weekend. Does that mean the in-game blog she used to do has gone the way of the goal judges?
      Mandy does a lot of things, but being the timekeeper isn't one of them, so that would be an error. My guess is that there will be a blog at some point, maybe even at Duluth this weekend.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        Coach's decision is the official word. Frost usually uses something like, "nicked up," for injury related.
        Didn't she have 1 or 2 "Coach's decisions" last year as well?
        ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

I'll call your bet and raise whatever the limit is, that Leveille starts both Badger games. No disrespect to Peters.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
            Didn't she have 1 or 2 "Coach's decisions" last year as well?
            As a frosh, maybe.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

A lot of people think Noora Raty didn't play her best in the post season through her sophomore season. She especially wanted redemption after the 4-1 loss to BC in the quarterfinals her sophomore year. She thought that was one of her worst games.

Point being, don't write off Amanda Leveille.

But I also think Frost will play Peters this season and she could be pushing Leveille as the season goes on. It will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by kwhrs1 View Post
                I'll call your bet and raise whatever the limit is, that Leveille starts both Badger games. No disrespect to Peters.
                hopefully you will win that bet so you can use your winnings to enroll in a remedial reading course.

the question wasn't what you thought Frost is going to do, it's what you would do.

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                don't write off Amanda Leveille.
                So unanimous consensus (so far) by “the couch potato fans ” that they would start Leveille both games in Madison but give Peters a start in Duluth is writing Leveille off?

Comment

Might be kind of late in the big scheme of things but personally I like the changes to the arena murals.

The Olympians mural just pretty obviously got way too large for its previous location. The current mural can maybe be worked on a bit (I personally don't like Wendell way off to one side, she deserves to be near the center) but overall the new presentation is a nice look at the Americans and Finns who have played for the Gophers and also for their national teams in the Olympic Games.

The All-Americans mural additions are a bit less prominent of a change but the new pictures fit in well with what was there before.

The former location of the Olympians looks like a work in progress site to me. Reciting number of NCAA championsips, All-Americas etc. is just a rehash of information otherwise available somewhere else on one of the walls of the arena. I am hoping that pretty soon someone will come up with something new.

Overall, thumbs up.

It is fabulous to have that much significant history to display on the walls of your home arena.

Go Gophers.
                  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/womens...d-more-success
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

• Re: 2014-2015 Minnesota Women's Hockey: The Maroon & Gold Strike Back!

Not really a 2014-2015 article, but something fun worth posting.

Noora Raty Inspired Against Men by Minion Mask

Getting back to the current squad...
                      The article indicates Menefee is still sidelined for this weekend.
                      Last edited by CrazyDave; 10-09-2014, 07:29 AM.
                      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Hey Pokechecker,

The post I was responding to:

"interested to see how Frost goes with his goaltending this weekend . If Peters and Leveille each get a game and if they split series the rest of the season."

Let's play nice.

Comment

Games notes for this weekend's series at Duluth: http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...100914aaa.html
                          Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                          Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                          Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

For game 1 in Duluth:

First Star: Dani Cameranesi (Minnesota)
                            Second Star: Hannah Brandt (Minnesota)
                            Third Star: Amanda Leveille (Minnesota)

Dani C was indeed quite a force tonight.
                            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

If it's helpful for anybody: I synched up the UofMN audio to last night's game with the video stream from UMD. I stopped the audio right when the puck dropped and then started it again when the puck dropped in the video. And then made a couple adjustments to the audio by stopping and starting until it was synched.

When it got out of synch I pressed the 'LIVE' button on the audio and stopped and started until it was in synch again. It only got out of synch once and that was in between periods.

(I've got a MAC, not sure if it's the same for PC)

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                                If it's helpful for anybody: I synched up the UofMN audio to last night's game with the video stream from UMD. I stopped the audio right when the puck dropped and then started it again when the puck dropped in the video. And then made a couple adjustments to the audio by stopping and starting until it was synched.

When it got out of synch I pressed the 'LIVE' button on the audio and stopped and started until it was in synch again. It only got out of synch once and that was in between periods.

(I've got a MAC, not sure if it's the same for PC)
                                Is there no audio with the video? Or is it just bad? I recall the UMD p by p guy being pretty bad.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X