Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

Similar to the last few years, SportsZone will be posting highlights on both the RIT Production Services and RIT Athletics youtube channels. Closed captions will be added to the videos a few days after they are posted.

Comment

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
      I normally like two bands in the arena and have been very critical of Canisius for not allowing RIT's pep band in. The last time Clarkson's band was at the Ritter I remember thinking they were acting more like a cheering section like the corner crew than a pep band. Now this is college hockey, I expect some banter pushing the politically correct line. I do think pep bands needs to mind their actions a little more since they are officially sponsored by their respective team and institution. I did not make this years game, but last time they were here I thought they were guilty of small misdemeanor of class act. But didn't think it was anything to write home about...
      Much the same this time around.

The main thing that bugged me, though, was the fans from Potsdam treating the empty-netter like it just won them an NCAA regional. I haven't seen a fanbase that deliriously happy since RIT beat Denver.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by AJ_Pow View Post
        Similar to the last few years, SportsZone will be posting highlights on both the RIT Production Services and RIT Athletics youtube channels. Closed captions will be added to the videos a few days after they are posted.
        I hope it's just the camera guys getting used to the new building, because that was not good hockey camera work at all...
        RIT

Comment

Don't expect to see Caleb Cameron in the lineup for a while, saw him on campus today and one of his hands was in a cast.
          RIT Tigers
          2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
          2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
            Don't expect to see Caleb Cameron in the lineup for a while, saw him on campus today and one of his hands was in a cast.
            Oh crap! In the D&C article in today's sports page, it mentions that we have several injured players... I wonder who the other ones are?
            RIT TIGERS
            Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
            Frozen Four 2010
            The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RITFan67 View Post
              Oh crap! In the D&C article in today's sports page, it mentions that we have several injured players... I wonder who the other ones are?
              I talked to him last night at the skate and he said it would be about two months

The only other injured players I know are Miller and Schuler.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerprincess7 View Post
                I talked to him last night at the skate and he said it would be about two months

Line chart has Smith moving up to take his spot leaving Goldberg to center the Thompson/Reid line. Hopefully the freshmen can bring the energy that he needs in that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerprincess7 View Post

OK... thanks for the update!
                  RIT TIGERS
                  Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Well that went about how I expected it to. They looked all right at the beginning, but then BC did what everyone expected them to.

Comment

I thought this quote from Coach York in the USCHO recap was rather complimentary. Jerry York has always been (IMHO) one of the most likable and well respected guys in college hockey.

“We were at Detroit in ’10 for the Frozen Four and they were there,” York said. “It was a big boost for the program. And now the new rink is another good boost. So they are on the right track for sure. They’ve got an outstanding coach, and I love the fan support. It looks pretty good for the future of RIT hockey.”

“I think we have to build off this,” Wilson said. “I want to expose the community of Rochester and the school to high-caliber teams. I do want to schedule a very difficult schedule. Our guys were excited to play this game.”
                      http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2014/10/...#ixzz3GYhGhG00
                      RIT Tiger Hockey
                      Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

Most of RIT's opponents will look easy compared to BC. I don't think the Tigers played poorly - they just ran into a much better team.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by dpm105 View Post
                          I thought this quote from Coach York in the USCHO recap was rather complimentary. Jerry York has always been (IMHO) one of the most likable and well respected guys in college hockey.

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2014/10/...#ixzz3GYhGhG00
                          just Jerry being Jerry. Looking forward to your visit to The Heights next year. Good luck the rest of the way

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                            Most of RIT's opponents will look easy compared to BC. I don't think the Tigers played poorly - they just ran into a much better team.
                            They got better as the night went on, but the first period they were standing around watching, as Coach said in the postgame. To be fair, BC didn't look too hot in the first either.

Powers &8^]

Comment

I caught the game on RIT video last night.
                              After being out skated for two periods, RIT came out flying in the third. I'm watching and thinking, 'where'd this team come from?' You guys will do fine this season if they bring that game for 60 minutes every night.

Fan base: Fabulous! What a great crowd at that game. The video would scan the crowd during breaks. Almost everyone in that building was dressed in either an RIT jersey or some type of Tiger outfit, even infants. And they never gave up cheering on their boys. Awesome... I was impressed.

Looking forward to seeing RIT at Conte next year and good luck the rest of the way this season!
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

A big hockey game with a sell-out crowd has become a tradition for Brick City Homecoming... and a great one. I enjoy watching the games, but.... it's getting increasingly difficult each year to go to the game knowing that we have far less than a 50-50 chance of winning. I understand that Coach Wilson wants to bring quality teams to town and to expose our Tigers to a difficult schedule. However, we typically have growing pains at the beginning of each season... and then must play a team that historically plays at a higher level than we do. And for a homecoming weekend event? I don't want to play a team at homecoming that would be an almost guaranteed win, but playing a more evenly matched team would be a lot more fun than an almost guaranteed loss. How about playing a team like Niagara? We sell out each year, but how long can that last with the losing record we have established at Blue Cross?
                                Last edited by RITFan67; 10-19-2014, 11:14 AM.
                                RIT TIGERS
                                Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X