Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

The crowd was suppose to be loud enough. -RIT administration

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
    Seriously how was this not already done...
    RIT Tigers

Comment

Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

Seriously how was this not already done...
      Because they are still working to get a lot of the details done. In the past week they put all of the ads on the boards - thats probably more of a concern to them then a goal horn because it is recognizing those companies that gave them money...I'm sure it will be there in the next few days/weeks.
      Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
      College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
      Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
      Men's Frozen Four 2010
      Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
      Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Is the train horn coming back or will they be using a different sound this year?

Comment

Originally posted by RITFan67 View Post
          I toured the rink several times during construction and was told the rink acoustics were a definite concern and that they felt they had been successfully addressed in design considerations... including the inner rink ceiling. The design needs a modification... it's a problem.
          3000 empty seats can contribute a lot of echo surface. Likely (hopefully) it will be different when there is more of a crowd filling the place.

It took a lot of adjustments to get the sound in the Ritter to the point that it was "acceptable", and the announcements didn't sound like they were spoken with a mouth full of marbles. Downside was that I recall people complaining that they couldn't hear the Corner Crew across the arena.

Those who have been around for a while remember the "coffee" cans hanging from the ceiling of the Ritter, and before that when there was nothing but cement and sound bounced around forever.
          John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
          AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
          NCAA DII - 1983
          NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

People complain that they *can't* hear the Corner Crew? Go figure, I'd figure they'd complain in the opposite direction.

Comment

I do hope the administration reconsiders the no-backpacks rule. Though I understand why, on a college campus it is certainly a bit of a detriment to attendance and a step back from Ritter.
              There are a few policies I hope they reconsider. Particularly the no cameras with detachable lenses rule. Where did that one come from? And no one could seem to give a real answer as to why. A school known for photography won't let its community in with cameras. Come on. I can go to an Amerks game or a Sabres game with a detachable lens camera or pretty much any other NCAA arena for that matter, so what's the issue at RIT?

I think I understand the reasoning behind the no backpacks rule, but I do agree it could be a bit of a deterrent for students. Also, I wasn't able to buy bottled water at the game as the campus is going green. They put in the water fountains where you can fill reuseable water bottles with filtered water around the rink, yet wouldn't allow water bottles in last night. Explain that one.

I don't understand where all these new rules are coming from. These things were never policies at Ritter, and as far as I know were never the cause of any issues at Ritter, so why change the rules? And why change the rules without informing the ticket buyers prior to arrival at the game.

I hope the administation rethinks some of these new rules or they could be losing ticket buyers.

Outside of the security policies that really upset me, I thought the overall experience for the first game wasn't bad. I think most things will work out as the season goes on, but I'd really like to see some of these strange security policies changed immediately.
              Last edited by SmallTown; 09-30-2014, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTown View Post
                There are a few policies I hope they reconsider.
                but I'd really like to see some of these strange security policies changed immediately.
                Terrorists. Can't be too careful.
                My Four Favorite teams:
                RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

The weird thing for me was the concession stands. They had no menus or prices, so when you walked up, you had to ask what they had and how much it cost. And the workers had to enter the item into the cash register to tell you the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                    The weird thing for me was the concession stands. They had no menus or prices, so when you walked up, you had to ask what they had and how much it cost. And the workers had to enter the item into the cash register to tell you the price.

Well Ed, if you had to ask how much something cost, then maybe you should try shopping at a less expensive store!
                    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

Originally posted by tigerprincess7 View Post
                      Is the train horn coming back or will they be using a different sound this year?
                      there definitely will be a horn. I do not believe that it is the same one used in Ritter but I could be mistaken. Many planned features were not in place last night and are still being worked out.
                      RIT Tigers
                      2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                      2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                        This was a glitch with the screen settings on the TVs used for the menus, and was fixed today.

As far as security policies/security goes, RIT Public Safety is no longer responsible for hiring the contract security officers doing the bag checks and the like - that is all hired by the new department known as RIT Arenas now. I read on Facebook that the camera policy was discussed today and is being reversed.

As far as bottles go, I hope they would follow the policy Ritter had which was a sealed bottle or an empty bottle were allowed.

While I don't agree with some of the policies, they are in fact all posted here: http://www.rit.edu/fa/arenas/gene-po...lding-policies
                        So they can argue that you were informed.
                        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                        Men's Frozen Four 2010
                        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

I was told that ETC Services is pulling 16 hour shifts to get all the electronics right. No menus at concessions was a glitch. Also, I was told that there is indeed more functionality on the video screens and they were getting on a conference call with the vendor after the game on Monday to work on those. Yeah, at 10:00pm. I used to work with those guys when I was the IT Director at the Wallace Center and they are talented and dedicated.

Selfishly, I used to like having access everywhere at Ritter with a press pass. In the new barn, many areas are off limits to me and the rest of the media, and we need access to some of those in order to cover the games the way we think they should be. We are still working out the logistics of how we're interviewing coach Wilson, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                            This was a glitch with the screen settings on the TVs used for the menus, and was fixed today.

As far as security policies/security goes, RIT Public Safety is no longer responsible for hiring the contract security officers doing the bag checks and the like - that is all hired by the new department known as RIT Arenas now. I read on Facebook that the camera policy was discussed today and is being reversed.

As far as bottles go, I hope they would follow the policy Ritter had which was a sealed bottle or an empty bottle were allowed.

While I don't agree with some of the policies, they are in fact all posted here: http://www.rit.edu/fa/arenas/gene-po...lding-policies
                            They are spending a LOT on security. There's a dedicated security office on the southwest corner, and folks stationed at every entrance, stairwell, etc. checking badges. I had to show my pass three times to get from the press entrance to the pressbox.

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post

I'm happy to hear the camera policy is being changed. Did you see that on one of RIT's Facebook pages? If so which one?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
                                Remember way back when, folks were adamantly dreading how the new rink would have no atmosphere, the huge building would be quiet as a church on Sunday, unlike the cozy confines of the always loud Ritter Arena. Now after one event, people are complaining that the new rink is TOO LOUD. Really?
                                Scott, the problem is not the volume, it's the clarity of the PA system and the fidelity of the band's sound. Those problems are exacerbated by increased volume, though the first may be mitigated by more bodies in seats. (Though I will complain about the volume of the PA in the breezeway; I was trying to get my will-call tix at the box office and Rocky's pregame announcements made it nearly impossible to communicate.)

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X