Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

Taken from Heisenberg's list -

Jade McMullen-RW 4/21/95
    Gabriel Valenzuela-RC 12/13/94
    Mark Logan-LW 4/14/95
    Abbott Girduckis-RW 6/28/95
    Erik Brown-LW 9/30/95
    Liam Kerins-C 11/20/94
    Anthony Repaci-LC 9/15/94

Sometimes when a commit is a lot younger than the rest of the group he's for a future year but based on these dates I would guess not.

Comment

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

Originally posted by tigerprincess7 View Post

Jade McMullen-RW 4/21/95
      Mark Logan-LW 4/14/95
      Erik Brown-LW 9/30/95
      Liam Kerins-C 11/20/94

Sometimes when a commit is a lot younger than the rest of the group he's for a future year but based on these dates I would guess not.
      Repaci is more than a year older than Brown, but not by much.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        Repaci is more than a year older than Brown, but not by much.

Powers &8^]
        The word I heard on Repaci is he won't be coming so I'm assuming 6 are coming in. And as was mentioned, Shuler might be done so I don't think it's a lack of faith in the scoring ability of those that will carry on next year so much as a need to build some depth.

We started this year thinner than expected - they moved Golberg up a year just to get to 12 forwards for the start of the year.

So assuming Repaci is not coming and they expect the worst case for Shuler, even with the 6 coming in, we're going into next year with 3 extra forwards - pretty typical.

Comment

Just an observation (and I've done nothing to actually confirm) but it seems like I consistently hear more scratches for visiting teams than the Tigers. I've always inferred this meant they simply carried more players than RIT. Given the injury problems the last couple of years I would be very happy to see RIT build more depth.
          RIT Tigers
          Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
          Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
            Just an observation (and I've done nothing to actually confirm) but it seems like I consistently hear more scratches for visiting teams than the Tigers. I've always inferred this meant they simply carried more players than RIT. Given the injury problems the last couple of years I would be very happy to see RIT build more depth.
            I think Coach tries to walk a fine line about over-recruiting. You want to use the guys you bring in, and if you have more than 3 extra forwards and 2 extra defensemen, then it's hard to get everyone playing time. If you constantly have 8 or 9 players scratched and more recruits than spots, that could get around and you will be less likely to get the ones you want.

But if players are producing or doing what you need, you need to have replacements.
            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2010 Frozen Four participant
            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Yes I think so too. I think playing time is another recruiting tool coaches uses as well. But seems we get any more than 1-2 guys injured at one time and we can into trouble
              RIT Tigers
              Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
              Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
              Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by tigerprincess7 View Post

Jade McMullen-RW 4/21/95
                Mark Logan-LW 4/14/95
                Erik Brown-LW 9/30/95
                Liam Kerins-C 11/20/94

I believe that Kerins is on campus attending classes. At least that's what I was told over the summer what was going to happen. There were some issues around not having the right number/kind of credits to play right away. Those are being resolved this year. Valenzuela is a former teammate of Kerins for North York. Repaci originally committed for this season but is still with his junior team.

I agree with Komey - having 4-5 extra forwards is IMHO a good balance between over-recruiting and being understaffed. A couple of seasons ago, Niagara was carrying 30 guys and I think that's too many. RIT usually has 25-26.

Have you seen the RIT Women's roster this season? Just 22 players including the three goalies. They have been dressing only three lines and have I think one extra forward and one extra D.

Comment

Originally posted by mexhockey View Post
                  So assuming Repaci is not coming and they expect the worst case for Shuler, even with the 6 coming in, we're going into next year with 3 extra forwards - pretty typical.
                  Coach has been very optimistic about Schuler, who's skating and starting to work on his conditioning. I expect the only way he won't be playing by January is if he starts experiencing symptoms again. I have no idea what the odds are on that, of course, but it's certainly not a given.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                    Coach has been very optimistic about Schuler, who's skating and starting to work on his conditioning. I expect the only way he won't be playing by January is if he starts experiencing symptoms again. I have no idea what the odds are on that, of course, but it's certainly not a given.

Powers &8^]
                    Every D1 coach in almost every sport lie to get their recruit,sure you will be a top two line player.When at the time they have no idea how it will turn out.

Comment

I didn't see the game listed on Time Warner Sports for tonight, but does anyone know if tomorrow's game will be televised? I know they have put the games on at Canisius and at Niagara in the past.
                      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2010 Frozen Four participant
                      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                        I didn't see the game listed on Time Warner Sports for tonight, but does anyone know if tomorrow's game will be televised? I know they have put the games on at Canisius and at Niagara in the past.
                        The game notes from Canisius only list America One.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                          I'll be listening on WITR... no America One for me! That's unless someone can tell me that their quality/coverage has improved.
                          RIT TIGERS
                          Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                          Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                          Frozen Four 2010
                          The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                            And the Amerks are on channel 26 tonight.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Rotolo is scratched tonight, though no extra skater. Am i wrong in assuming we would normally be allowed another skater?

Comment

Originally posted by kwh7433 View Post
                                Rotolo is scratched tonight, though no extra skater. Am i wrong in assuming we would normally be allowed another skater?
                                I think so. My understanding is that a third goalie doesn't count against the normal roster limit. I.e., you're allowed no more than 18 skaters and exactly 2 or 3 goalies, period.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X