Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

I don't want to get too excited about an exhibition game against a clearly inferior team...but RIT certainly played very well tonight and gave some early cause for hope.

One interesting note is that Rotolo was scratched, so instead of each goalie playing a period, MacLean and Ruby split at half-time. On a team with a seemingly wide open spot in net I was surprised to see last years best goalie not even play tonight. Either that means he's the defacto starter or he did something to get himself on the **** list..
    RIT

Comment

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

Or he's got a minor injury that they didn't want to aggravate.

The Tigers definitely look more cohesive than they did at the beginning of last season. Last season you had to wonder if they'd even practiced together. This year, they clearly have.

There was some sloppiness but mostly because we were playing the freshmen (and Amlong) a lot. No one looked out of place, though.

A bit surprised the Norrishes were split but maybe Coach just didn't want two frosh in the same pairing.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Well, now that was fun. A lot of good things happened tonight. The team looked strong... gritty players that can score and defend. I know it wasn't the strongest opponent, but we looked good. Coach Wilson was positive about the team and talked about tweaks and adjustments rather than major fixes. The student section/bleachers were FULL and the rest of the arena had a decent crowd... almost 3000 total. 900 would have been turned away if it had been held in the Ritter. The new bell got a good workout with the plentiful goals. The acoustics improved with a larger crowd. The food was great in the Club Lounge and they kept on serving at least into the second period... maybe longer (I had to stop myself from going back again). One complaint that I heard about was the long lines at the main concession stands... maybe it was caused partly by the free food tickets that were handed out to students. Overall, though... it was a great experience tonight at the Polisseni! As my son said, it doesn't feel like home yet. However, it does have a familiar feeling to it and it won't be long before it does feel like home... especially if we win some of these early games.
        RIT TIGERS
        Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
        Frozen Four 2010
        The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

I know the announced attendance was just shy of 3,000 but I have a hard time believing that's the number of people actually in the building. The end opposite the Corner Crew was essentially vacant..
          RIT

Comment

Yeah but it looked like a lot of people chose to stand instead of sit
            RIT Tigers
            Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
            Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Awesome result for the tigers. The Arena sounded awesome (especially the new bell) on WITR.

Kind of surprising to see RoMo drop their exhibition game. Second place team, huh?
              RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                Awesome result for the tigers. The Arena sounded awesome (especially the new bell) on WITR.

Kind of surprising to see RoMo drop their exhibition game. Second place team, huh?
                What is more interesting is that RoMo was shut out. Offense was supposed to be their strong suit and goaltending was the question mark.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                  Our huge thanks to Jim Bober at RIT production services for getting us a connection to the ice microphones they have for the TV mix. Last night there were four microphones in the mix, located on the glass on each blue line. Next week they will have four more, mounted at the goal lines.

The tech folks at the Polisseni Center have been absolutely superb in responding to requests and have worked long days to make it happen.

I can't wait to see how the arena looks on TV with a full barn.

Comment

So this probably comes up every year, but is there a way to get around watching RIT through America One Sports? I really can't justify dropping $150 (including playoffs) to watch college hockey. Does the contract between the AHA and America One end anytime soon? Hell, I'd even pay RIT directly for just home games.
                    RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                      So this probably comes up every year, but is there a way to get around watching RIT through America One Sports? I really can't justify dropping $150 (including playoffs) to watch college hockey. Does the contract between the AHA and America One end anytime soon? Hell, I'd even pay RIT directly for just home games.
                      None that are legal that I know of. If it's any consolation, RIT gets a piece of the action from America One.

Comment

Originally posted by RITFan67 View Post
                        The food was great in the Club Lounge and they kept on serving at least into the second period... maybe longer (I had to stop myself from going back again)
                        Just out of curiosity, What kind of food did they serve in the club lounge?

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTown View Post
                          The website lists they will have a rotation of buffet meals. The menus are here: http://www.rit.edu/fa/arenas/gene-po...er/concessions
                          The "themes," if you will, are BBQ, Burger, Prime Rib, Pasta, Turkey, and Wings.
                          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010
                          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTown View Post
                            Saturday was BBQ night...
                            House smoked, hand pulled pork sliders
                            Macaroni and cheese
                            BBQ smokehouse beans
                            Summer squash
                            Tomato cucumber salad
                            House made slaw
                            Cornbread and honey butter
                            Assorted dessert (pastries, brownies) with whole fruit
                            Unlimited soda from a really cool soda machine that offered most any type of soda you would want including "additives" like lime, cherry, etc.
                            Unlimited Popcorn
                            Unlimited Coffee
                            Cash Bar
                            Last edited by RITFan67; 10-06-2014, 11:24 AM.
                            RIT TIGERS
                            Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                            Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                            Frozen Four 2010
                            The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

I was particularly impressed by RIT's hustle to the puck. There were only a handful of times where it was obvious to me that they could competed harder. And the defense was excellent. I noticed that RIT got back on D very quickly and they were able to anticipate when Brock was about to break out of the zone. There was only one odd-man rush that I counted, and that was when RIT had a 3-on-1 breakaway on the PK and then Brock had a 4-on-1 going back the other way.

Some other thoughts:
                              - RIT scored some gritty goals and (most of the time) didn't pass up an opportunity to shoot the puck
                              - RIT played a full 60 minutes, despite it being an exhibition game
                              - MacLean looked very strong in net and made some spectacular saves (the game could have been 5-3 or 5-4)
                              - The arena was LOUD and the band, corner crew, and Rocky all sounded great from where I was sitting (section 120).
                              RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

In his postgame, coach Wilson thought that the Tigers have to be a little less aggressive in the neutral zone because it's bigger. It was an interesting perspective because they play with the bigger zone on the road, but he says there's extra adrenaline at home that used to be ok because the neutral zone was smaller and kinder to mistakes.

While the penalty kill got a workout (Brock was 1 for 7), the Tigers had exactly 11 seconds of power play the whole game. They only had one PP opportunity, and scored just 11 seconds into it - Garbowsky tipping a shot from one of the Norrish twins.

Comment

Working...
                                X