ECAC D1 Women's Hockey 2014-15 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Watson Rink View Post
    Just as beating Quinny and Clarkson at Cheel will be a very tall order for Harvard.

BTW, there is an extra factor riding on the outcome of the Clarkson/Dartmouth series for me: whether I'll have a chance to see the semis and finals personally in the comfort of Bright-Landry, or pay an extra $9.99 to watch those games on the internet feed from Cheel. You have no idea how overwhelmingly important that is to my hockey enjoyment(LOL)!
    Clarkson started streaming their sports for free this year.

Comment

• Re: ECAC D1 Women's Hockey 2014-15 Season

Originally posted by Bhikukhu View Post
      Clarkson started streaming their sports for free this year.
      I would expect that the semis/final will be an ECAC event and not under Clarkson's control (assuming the Golden Knights advance.)
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Watson Rink View Post
        This weekend's results may not have too bad an effect on Pairwise because ties are disregarded . . .
        I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this but a tied game is not disregarded in the pairwise. It counts as half a win and half a loss, so if your winning percentage is above .500 it will bring it down. It also means that a game against a very weak opponent (and SLU being the opponent in question means that this is irrelevant in this particular case) wouldn't be discarded from your RPI calculation.

Comment

[QUOTE=vicb;6106742][QUOTE=Watson Rink;6106658]
          Originally posted by Skate79 View Post

So I think even though Clarkson has grabbed the #1 seed, Harvard is the only team in the top 4 that Clarkson has beaten this year and they were IMHO lucky to tie Harvard earlier in the season at Cheel. I do not think of Clarkson as the favorite coming into this post season. I think just like last year they can get by Dartmouth in the quarterfinals. Assuming all 4 top seed make it thru (which is dicey this year), having to beat Cornell then Quinny or Harvard to me is gonna be a tall order even on home ice.
          The ECAC playoff picture is definitely interesting. I'd argue it's actually extremely likely that not all top 4 seeds make it beyond this weekend. As has been noted previously, the top 5 teams were all within only 4 points over the course of the entire season.

However, if you look at the final 10 games of conference play, the differences between the 8 playoff bound teams were even less evident, and how teams are playing late in the season is far more relevant to their prospects than their performance in October and November. The relative rankings/differences between playoff bound teams in that span were even more blurry. Over the final 10 games, a different 5 ECAC teams (including Princeton and Yale instead of Quinny and Cornell) were within 2 points of each other at the top, and 7 of the 8 teams were actually within 4 points of each other.

It would not surprise me at all to see every QF series go to 3 games. I'd say the Clarkson Dartmouth series is most likely of the 4 post-season match ups to be decided in favour of the top seed. Quinny's offence seems to have deserted them lately; they are probably the most likely of the top seeds to be eliminated. If so, will 2 losses to an unranked team possibly jeopardize their ability to still make the NCAA tournament, or is their ranking going to be high enough already to keep them safe??

It should go without saying that once you get past the QF round, anything can happen in a single game elimination. I don't think it would be at all far-fetched this year for an ECAC team outside of the national top 6 to earn the ECAC auto-bid and displace unlucky #7.

Last 10 ECAC Games
          1. Clarkson 16 pts (8-2-0) 28 GF 10 GA Key wins: #2 Harvard, #5 SLU, #6 Princeton, #8 Dartmouth (OT) Losses: #3 Quinny, #7 Yale
          T2. Princeton 15 pts (7-2-1) 29 GF 14 GA Key wins: #2 Harvard, #4 Cornell, #5 SLU Losses: #1 Clarkson, #7 Yale Tie: #8 Dartmouth
          T2. Harvard 15 pts (7-2-1) 32 GF 7 GA Key wins:#3 Quinny (OT), #4 Cornell (2x) #7 Yale Losses: #1 Clarkson, #6 Princeton Tie: #5 SLU
          T4.SLU 14 pts (6-2-2) 28 GF 19 GA Key wins:#3 Quinny, #7 Yale, #8 Dartmouth Losses:#1 Clarkson, #6 Princeton Ties: #2 Harvard, Union
          T4.Yale 14 pts (7-3-0) 35 GF 23 GA Key wins:#1 Clarkson, #3 Quinny, #6 Princeton, #8 Dartmouth Losses:#2 Harvard, #5 SLU,(Brown (OT)
          T6.Cornell 12 pts (6-4-0) 35 GF 22 GA Key wins:#3 Quinny (OT)Losses: #2 Harvard (2x) #6 Princeton,#8 Dartmouth
          T6.QU 12 pts (6-4-0) 18 GF 14 GA Key wins: #1 Clarkson, #7 Yale, #8 DartmouthLosses: #2 Harvard (OT) #4 Cornell (OT), #5 SLU, #7 Yale
          8. Dartmouth 7 pts (3-6-1) 23 GF 30 GA Key wins:* #4 Cornell Losses: #1 Clarkson (OT), #3 Quinny, #4 Cornell, #5 SLU, #7 Yale, (& Colgate) Tie: #6 Princeton (*Dartmouth also beat Harvard 11 games ago)
          Last edited by Trillium; 02-23-2015, 01:31 PM. Reason: formatting

Comment

ECAC HOCKEY POOL FINAL REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS

Week:
            trillium 7/12 .583
            vicb 4/12 .333

Total Season:
            trillium 93/142 65.5%
            mattj711 85/135 63.0%
            vicb 95/157 60.5%
            bhibukhu 82/136 60.3%

I WIN!!!
            ....and vicb earns the participation medal for best attendance

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
              ECAC HOCKEY POOL FINAL REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS

I WIN!!!
              ....and vicb earns the participation medal for best attendance
              Congrats to you.....and to me .
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

So anyone care to make a guess as to the ECAC All-Star team and All Rookie Team

ECAC 1ST Team

F -Brianne Jenner -Cornell
                F- Emily Fulton - Cornell
                F- Cayley Mercer - Clarkson

D- Erin O'Connor - Cornell
                D- M Picard - Harvard

G- Shea Tiley - Clarkson (I really don't know how one chooses between, Tiley, Maschmeyer and Laden)

ECAC ALL Rookie Team

F- Taylor Cianfarano - Quinnipiac
                F- Kennedy Marchment - SLU
                F- Lexi Laing - Harvard

D- Savannah Harmon - Clarkson

G- Shea Tiley - Clarkson

Rookie of the Year - Erin O'Connor (may be Tiley?)
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post

ECAC 1ST Team

D- M Picard - Harvard

G- Shea Tiley - Clarkson (I really don't know how one chooses between, Tiley, Maschmeyer and Laden)

ECAC ALL Rookie Team

F- Lexi Laing - Harvard

G- Shea Tiley - Clarkson

ECAC 1ST Team

F- Jillian Saulnier - Cornell

D- Kelsey Koelzer - Princeton

G- Shea Tiley - Clarkson

ECAC 2nd Team

F- Shannon Macaulay - Clarkson
                  F- Molly Contini - Princeton

D- Amanda Boulier - SLU
                  D- Renata Fast - Clarkson

G- Emerance Maschmeyer - Harvard

ECAC ALL Rookie Team

F- Lexie Laing - Harvard

G- Shea Tiley - Clarkson

Rookie of the Year - Erin O'Connor
                  Player of the Year - Brianne Jenner

Comment

ECAC 1ST Team

D- M Picard - Harvard

ECAC ALL Rookie Team

F- Lexi Laing - Harvard

G- Shea Tiley - Clarkson

Also: Coach of the Year - Matt Desrosiers - Clarkson. If he does not get this something is very wrong.
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                      ECAC 1ST Team

F- Jillian Saulnier - Cornell

D- Kelsey Koelzer - Princeton

G- Shea Tiley - Clarkson

ECAC 2nd Team

F- Shannon Macaulay - Clarkson
                      F- Molly Contini - Princeton

D- Amanda Boulier - SLU
                      D- Renata Fast - Clarkson

G- Emerance Maschmeyer - Harvard

ECAC ALL Rookie Team

F- Lexie Laing - Harvard

G- Shea Tiley - Clarkson

Rookie of the Year - Erin O'Connor
                      Player of the Year - Brianne Jenner
                      Agree with Player of the Year.
                      My 2nd team is the same as yours except it has Saulnier in place of Mercer.
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Also: Coach of the Year - Matt Desrosiers - Clarkson. If he does not get this something is very wrong.
                        Couldn't agree more. No one else even comes close.

Comment

Dartmouth at Clarkson- Clarkson in 2
                          Yale at Harvard- Harvard in 2
                          Princeton at Quinnipiac- Quinnipiac in 3
                          SLU at Cornell- SLU in 3

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post

ECAC 1ST Team

D- M Picard - Harvard

ECAC ALL Rookie Team

F- Lexi Laing - Harvard

G- Shea Tiley - Clarkson

Regarding the confusion with the team one goalie selection and who is the best. They are all about the same, great teams out front. I for one like Union' Lundberg!! 4 years of never giving up and this year broke or set several school records, joined the NCAA 3000 club and finished the season with 1110 saves with 918% and broke or set the NCAA record for saves in a shutout 59 against Northeastern. All the while putting up better numbers each year without much out front. I would like to have seen how any of the front runners would have fared had the role been reversed.
                            Last edited by And-away-we-go; 02-25-2015, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by And-away-we-go View Post
                              Regarding the confusion with the team one goalie selection and who is the best. They are all about the same, great teams out front. I for one like Union' Lundberg!! 4 years of never giving up and this year broke or set several school records, joined the NCAA 3000 club and finished the season with 1110 saves with 918% and broke or set the NCAA record for saves in a shutout 59 against Northeastern. All the while putting up better numbers each year without much out front. I would like to have seen how any of the front runners would have fared had the role been reversed.

I don't know about the first team, but I watched Union play Harvard at Harvard this year and their goalie was outstanding! I watched the team fall apart in the 2nd and let her down and come back in the third and at least have her back and all I can say is that kid is a real gamer!! Regardless of what was happening with her team she made some great saves and many were 2nd and 3rd attempts. Nothing but good to say here!
                              Last edited by TicTacToe; 02-25-2015, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post

ECAC 1ST Team

D- M Picard - Harvard

ECAC ALL Rookie Team

F- Lexi Laing - Harvard

G- Shea Tiley - Clarkson

Is the first and second team thing the same as all americans? If that's the case them I don't think that any player with less than three seasons behind them should be included. I think it should be a player that starts and finishes solid, not a flash in the pan!

Comment

Working...
                                X