This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaign 2014: The Epic Struggle To Win The Senate And Change Nothing

Looks like Scotland will remain part of the UK.

Can the SNP be strung up for treason?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

They can go back to the Scottish voters and show them the "goodies bag" they got. Win/win for them.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I have no idea why I wanted Scotland to stay part of the UK. But I did. It would be weird if it wasn't.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Waaaaaaay too early to make that call, only 4 of 32 reporting right now.

It's interesting watching the BBC coverage because there are politicians openly saying, if the vote is no, that there needs to be a Constitutional Convention. A lot of talk that UK politics is going to undergo a fundamental change.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by jimjamesak View Post
            waaaaaaay too early to make that call, only 4 of 32 reporting right now.

It's interesting watching the bbc coverage because there are politicians openly saying, if the vote is no, that there needs to be a constitutional convention. A lot of talk that uk politics is going to undergo a fundamental change.
            5/32

45y - 55n +13K
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

5/32

45y - 55n +13K
              Very few of the actual total has come in though. No, Glasgow , Aberdeen, or Edinburgh. Nobody on the BBC is even close to making a call.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Very few of the actual total has come in though. No, Glasgow , Aberdeen, or Edinburgh. Nobody on the BBC is even close to making a call.
                Dundee (which, IIRC, used to be Churchill's constituency) returns first yes vote 57-43. Turnout has been around 87%.

Maybe we should register for each election, rather than one and done?? Maybe the turnout would be (artificially) higher??
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Dundee goes rather easily for Yes.

Totals down to 6k

They need to hit a home run in Glasgow.
                  Last edited by bronconick; 09-18-2014, 09:51 PM.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I'd love to see the Yes/No breakdown by Age & Sex.

Midlothian is coming in. went no by 7K votes.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2014: The Epic Struggle To Win The Senate And Change Nothing

How do they get so many rejected votes for one bloody question? Florida voting?
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        How do they get so many rejected votes for one bloody question? Florida voting?
                        That's what I'm wondering. There's two boxes, pick one! How hard can it be?
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          I'd love to see the Yes/No breakdown by Age & Sex.
                          Age is a legitimate question. Would answer the question whether they might have to do this again in 15-20 years.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

To me, the most interesting 2014 vote is the Scottish Independence vote. Does anybody know the best place to see up-to-date vote totals?
                            Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Glasgow not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                                To me, the most interesting 2014 vote is the Scottish Independence vote. Does anybody know the best place to see up-to-date vote totals?
                                bbc If your cable system has BBC World News, watch it. web is bbc.co.uk
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X