X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2014: The Epic Struggle To Win The Senate And Change Nothing

Originally posted by burd View Post
    In the law, the word "reasonable" is usually paired with three others: "under the circumstances."

Circumstances you repeat over and over as it relates to Chicago yet are willing to completely ignore in any other venue to confirm your bias.
    So asking people, correction black people, to identify themselves before voting is unreasonable? The Supremes don't seem to think so. And neither do the vast majority of Americans, including those helpless black folks whose hands you seem so insistent on holding. How 'bout a little honesty here? You don't want anything disrupting your apple cart? And if I were on your side of the argument, I'd agree. And I'd be insulting black folks too, just like y'all are doing.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      So asking people, correction black people, to identify themselves before voting is unreasonable? The Supremes don't seem to think so. And neither do the vast majority of Americans, including those helpless black folks whose hands you seem so insistent on holding. How 'bout a little honesty here? You don't want anything disrupting your apple cart? And if I were on your side of the argument, I'd agree. And I'd be insulting black folks too, just like y'all are doing.
      If there is reliable evidence that a jurisdiction has a voter ID fraud problem, I have no problem with some identification requirement, as long as that requirement did not suppress more votes than it protects. That imposes on both sides the burden of coming up with evidence. That kind of evidence-based scrutiny has obvious flaws, including the problem of deciding when the scale tips and the risk of misinterpreting facts, but it is better than a solution that is not evidence based IMO.

In any event, people as old as you are should not be allowed to either vote or drive. You can fish and order **** on the web to your heart's content.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Chicago Politics are being called out a bit early this election cycle.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...linois-county/
        Pardon my ignorance, but how would know how the machine registered/counted his vote?

Comment

This woman is going to be elected Senator in Iowa. Senator. Unreal.

“I have a beautiful little Smith & Wesson, 9 millimeter, and it goes with me virtually everywhere,” Ernst said at the NRA and Iowa Firearms Coalition Second Amendment Rally in Searsboro, Iowa. “But I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it’s from an intruder, or whether it’s from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important.”
          Sorry, this level of BS rhetoric is off the charts. How people fall for this BS is beyond me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6032164.html
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Pardon my ignorance, but how would know how the machine registered/counted his vote?
            My county has electronic machines. At the end, before you hit confirm, it shows who you voted for and asks if this is right. If you're happy with your choices, hit the "Bend Over Sucker!" button and your vote is tabulated on the smart card which is then dumped in the recording box.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              In any event, people as old as you are should not be allowed to either vote or drive.....
              That's pretty funny. I'd also add that people Opie's age should have their own checkout lines at fast food restaurants or super markets, as they're usually confused about where they are and inevitably start a half hour fight with management when they think they got overcharged by a dime. I know this from Fishy who's spent a career in the fast food service industry, mostly as King of the Fry-O-Later.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                There is output on many of these machines to review your ballot, some have hard copy prints for a manual review if the election results are challenged, some just offer a soft output (on screen only).
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  That's pretty funny. I'd also add that people Opie's age should have their own checkout lines at fast food restaurants or super markets, as they're usually confused about where they are and inevitably start a half hour fight with management when they think they got overcharged by a dime. I know this from Fishy who's spent a career in the fast food service industry, mostly as King of the Fry-O-Later.
                  All I know is that there's so much fraud going on. If there weren't then Mittens would be President and McConnell would have been running the Senate already. Fox News told me so.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    My county has electronic machines. At the end, before you hit confirm, it shows who you voted for and asks if this is right. If you're happy with your choices, hit the "Bend Over Sucker!" button and your vote is tabulated on the smart card which is then dumped in the recording box.
                    So he could reject it and resubmit?

Comment

I think we've been through this discussion before and most folks were generally ok with voter ID rules that are put in place long before elections they apply to and aren't overly burdensome in having/getting IDs that count and other reasonable measures to balance easy access to voting with making sure that votes cast are legit.
                      Originally posted by Priceless
                      Good to see you're so reasonable.
                      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                      Very well, said.
                      Originally posted by Rover
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                        I think we've been through this discussion before and most folks were generally ok with voter ID rules that are put in place long before elections they apply to and aren't overly burdensome in having/getting IDs that count and other reasonable measures to balance easy access to voting with making sure that votes cast are legit.
                        I agree with this. A national standard wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

More good news for the bad guys.

With two weeks to go it appears that the GOP will win The Epic Struggle To Win The Senate And Change Nothing.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

http://www.adn.com/article/20141022/...ide-blame-list

Alaska Congressman Don Young blames friends, family, and the government for suicide. Good job, Congressman.

WASILLA -- An unapologetic U.S. Rep. Don Young on Wednesday wasn't backing down from statements he made Tuesday at Wasilla High School that suicide shows a lack of support from friends and family.

The comment stunned students and staff reeling from the suicide death of a student last week and sent ripples through Alaska's suicide prevention community. Alaska has the highest suicide rate in the country.

Young on Wednesday was back in the Valley, this time talking with about 100 people at the Palmer senior center run by Mat-Su Senior Services.

Asked about the “lack of support” comment, Young expanded on it and added that suicide in Alaska didn’t exist before “government largesse” gave residents an entitlement mentality, according to an audio recording of his senior center appearance.

Comment

Grab the popcorn for this.

I love the quote that it would drive the GOP batsh1t. As if they weren't already.

63 judicial vacancies. If they're gonna try to actually fill them, perhaps Obama can get off his arse and deliver nominations for all of them? I mean, just an idea..?

Very nice site on how the guts of the process work.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 10-23-2014, 11:27 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Grab the popcorn for this.

I love the quote that it would drive the GOP batsh1t. As if they weren't already.

63 judicial vacancies.
                                I like it up to a point. Want to screw the GOP? Wait until January and nominate a qualified woman AG. Just sit back and watch the fur fly. Want to not allow a vote on a female Attorney General, to my knowledge the first female AG, and then face the general electorate in 2016 with Hillary running for Prez? What's not to like?

Otherwise, I'd ram through the judges first. Then get ready for a trickle if the GOP takes over for two years and then loses the Senate again when the electoral map is reversed during the next election.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X