Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Miitomo 2.0 is out. Brings sidekicks and room decorations, as well as messaging.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Planet Coaster and Pokémon release tomorrow.
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

If you have Steam, and want a fun little indie soccer game, try Kopanito.

Couch co-op, splitscreen, multi-player up to 10 ppl.

All international teams, you unlock as you play. Plus some holiday themed ones like pumpkins and vampires.

5 v 5 game. There is power up type moves, but they don't interfer with the game like a Mario strikers did.
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Pokemon Sun/Moon is pretty different from all previous gens. I mean it's still rock, paper, scissors in an rpg. But the other mechanics have changed.

Fishing can only be done at specific spots where you are prompted to hit A. I dislike this change.

I'm 20+ hours in and haven't seen a bike. They've been replaced by a ride pager. It let's you summon a rideable pokemon as you unlock via the story.

Which leads me to, no more HMs. There are TMs, but all outside of combat moves like smash, waterfall, etc are done in a different way now. I like that it doesn't use up move slots and require slave pokemon.

Also, no more gyms and gym leaders. Now it's trials and Captains.

Your rival isn't really a rival. He's friendly and his starter is weak to whatever starter you pick.
          Last edited by JF_Gophers; 11-21-2016, 07:13 AM.
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Well, the 3DSs went fast. Online sold out in seconds and the stores you had to be in line to get. I called the T1 Target because they were listed as in stock. They said they were out and only got 16 of them.

I never even had a chance to get one... :-/
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

FFXV has arrived!

Along with a 9.6gb day one patch, and a 2gb pre-order bonus item called A King's Tale.

On the Pokémon front. I completed Pokémon Moon and the elite 4. Caught all the post-game legendaries. I'm just completing this regions pokedex while waiting for them to update the bank in January. Then I can transfer forward from X/Y and Alpha/Omega.
              Last edited by JF_Gophers; 11-30-2016, 07:14 AM.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

The Black Friday (week) sale from Microsoft/XBox was very good. Lots of top notch games were marked down. I picked up both NHL17 and Battlefield 1 digital for just over $35 each.

I'm not on a whole lot, but feel free to add me.

Edit: GT is my Twitter handle (thejoshp)
                Last edited by aparch; 11-30-2016, 09:54 AM.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  FFXV has arrived!

Along with a 9.6gb day one patch, and a 2gb pre-order bonus item called A King's Tale.
                  Grumble grumble, no PC version means Square Enix doesn't want my money. Not that I've had time to play games lately anyway other than on my phone at lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Grumble grumble, no PC version means Square Enix doesn't want my money. Not that I've had time to play games lately anyway other than on my phone at lunch.
                    Give it a year or two. They've released every FF to PC except XII now, which will be coming out with the international version next year, I believe.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Seriously. **** this 9+ gig day one patch bullsh_t. This is absurd. You've delayed the game years. Delay it another week to get this crap on it to start with.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Finished collecting all 301 pokemon for Sun/Moon. #302 hasn't been confirmed or released.

Beating the demo will let you transfer a Ash-Greninja into the main game.

Beating the game let's you use a QR scan to get an otherwise unattainable pokemon (#301).
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Started building my Battle Tree teams so I can buy the power items needed for perfect EVs.

S.O.S. battle farmed 3 dittos that had perfect stats in 4 of the 6. Wanted to try and cover all stats at least once.

Bred about 30 wimpods to get adamant nature. Then bred another 10 to get perfect stats for ATK, SPD, and DEF.

Then used S.O.S. battles and vitamins to get the IV spread I wanted (252 atk, 164 spd, 92 hp).

Lastly, leveled him up so he'd become Golisopod.

Only gotta make 2 more pokemon to go with him. :/
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Anyone play The Binding of Isaac series? I hear Afterbirth Plus is coming...

Comment

Got my first perfect IV pokemon. A Toxapex that I've turned into a regenerating wall. It's a pretty common use for Toxapex in competitive, and works great in Battle Tree.
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

On the board game front... Dark Souls instruction manual now available online. Looks great. Too bad it's not out till April!

Dark Souls™ - The Board Game's Core Rulebook is now available to view online: bit.ly/DSCoreRules
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Working...
                                X