X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    My basement bar has achieved substantial completion, and my Twilight Zone is back up and running.

Runs fine for now, but some of the wire connectors are shot and there's a lot of oxidation on the wiring. Guy figured the machine must have come from the East Coast or another moist area. I'll probably get it looked at again in a couple months.
    Nice! I'm guessing you are going to add a few more games or a table or something?

If I don't convert an extra room to an office when we buy a house, it will become a man cave.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Nice! I'm guessing you are going to add a few more games or a table or something?

If I don't convert an extra room to an office when we buy a house, it will become a man cave.
      I have a 60-in-1 cocktail as well, but it's upstairs in the dining room preventing people from smashing their head on a low-hanging light fixture.

Coming soon will be maybe a couple more pins and an HO scale train setup around the ceiling. My dad found all my old trains from when I was a kid and had them restored/balanced, and brought them up to me. They did a "vacation to Colorado/excuse to clear Twitch's crap out of the basement" trip this past week.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

PGA Tour golf added 1 new course today.

East Lake (Atlanta, GA)
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Forza 6 early access period started today. Sooo good!
          Is the sentiment still the same for Forza 6? Not able to get it for a little while yet, but I read some good and bad reviews from some forums: verdict was the demo was utter trash, the full game is amazing. I would love to drive in the rain and try out the new tracks, but I'll have to wait a bit.

Also I've heard that NHL 16 is miles above NHL 15, and yet there are still some glaring flaws that make the game terrible. Verdict from the masses on NHL 16?
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Signs you haven't played a game in a while; I've been waiting an hour and a half for updates to download and install.

Not all bad, got to watch Guardians of the Galaxy again while waiting.

Comment

Recently picked back up in GTA V on the PS4. This is such a great game.

Trevor. ****ing Trevor. He may be the best-written game character ever. His lines are always incredible and the voice acting is always dead on. It's easy to forget he's a character it's done so well.

After watching a cut scene of his I have this urge to watch Los Santos burn. I end up just going out and causing havoc.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Recently picked back up in GTA V on the PS4. This is such a great game.

Trevor. ****ing Trevor. He may be the best-written game character ever. His lines are always incredible and the voice acting is always dead on. It's easy to forget he's a character it's done so well.

After watching a cut scene of his I have this urge to watch Los Santos burn. I end up just going out and causing havoc.
                I definitely recommend checking out some multiplayer videos.

A solid play list, especially the terminator chases.
                https://goo.gl/coZMhD

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Is the sentiment still the same for Forza 6? Not able to get it for a little while yet, but I read some good and bad reviews from some forums: verdict was the demo was utter trash, the full game is amazing. I would love to drive in the rain and try out the new tracks, but I'll have to wait a bit.
                  Forza always seems to do a good job of making the base game of racing, modding, buying cars a fun experience. So I am happy with it still, yes. I haven't read any reviews on it, so i don't know what any complaints about it would be.

You get a lot of cars and tracks and they all look as close to real as you can get. Night time, morning and rain races feel epic, especially the first few times you do it.

You can earn discounts, free cars, more cash as you level up your driver and your manufacturer affinity just like in previous incarnations. They continued the drivatar feature where your opponents are AI based on other human drivers tendencies. I think that makes the races more interesting then just generic AI. I don't feel like there is much (if any) rubber banding that you see in other racing games. Its a lot more of a pure sim experience in that sense.
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

I love the Drivatars from Forza 5 currently. Definitely feels better than racing a straight up AI. Whoooboy did I get a lesson in that in the first few tracks, dove in to the first corner of each track a little hotter than what I expected the AI to do, and was greeted with 15 other cars aiming for the same apex I was. Definitely forced me to drive a little more smartly than I was used to. I'll look at picking up 6 soon.

Just read that the Ranbow Six: Siege game will not have a single player mode. I was a little taken aback by that but then realized that Counterstrike for the PC never had a single player mode either, and I like that game, so I may pick up the newest Rainbow Six game.
                    Last edited by aparch; 09-29-2015, 10:21 PM. Reason: Clarification

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

CS did have Half Life though if you bought the whole bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        CS did have Half Life though if you bought the whole bit.
                        I actually was introduced to CS before Half Life. My introduction was in college where my RA gave me a copy of a burned CD and said "here, install this..." It wasn't until a few months later that I realized that the install files for Half Life were included on the disk.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

New DS in regular size with face plates finally available in the US. Picked one up today. I hate the XL ones.

Also picked up Lego Dimensions Starter pack + Simpsons add-on for the wife.
                          Last edited by JF_Gophers; 09-30-2015, 01:23 PM.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

I'm not a fan of figurine games like Disney Infinity and Skylanders. But, I do like Lego games. So this is an interesting combination of the two. So far it's pretty cool. At its simplest, it is a lego game. You collect studs, break stuff, collect gold bricks, etc.

Instead of just being given figurines that you buy, you get a set of lego's that can build multiple different items to use in the game. The starter set that has the base station has 269 pieces. You build the portal yourself while playing the game via an in-game build manual that pops up.

There is a couple different types of add-on packs that you can buy ($15-30). Just characters, or characters/items that add levels. The Simpsons add-on I bought gives you Homer (D'oh!) and 2 blank base tags that let you build 3 types of vehicles and 3 types of TVs that can be used in game. As you build the items the game writes that item to the blank tags so you can use/re-use them.

I also just like playing in the Simpsons world!
                            Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-02-2015, 07:21 AM.
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              New DS in regular size with face plates finally available in the US. Picked one up today. I hate the XL ones.

Just got it for my daughter. Also got The Simpsons pack (my daughter really wanted it *sniff).

Got Destiny: The Taken King. Things have really changed. It's back to gaining XP for levels (up to 40 now) and all the new gear makes the old stuff suck.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I guess it's not breaking street date if the company that makes the game is the one who sends it to me early.

Got to play a bit of Disgaea 5 (US) one day early, as my CE arrived yesterday.

My wife picked up BTTF and Scooby-Doo sets for Lego Dimensions. She's already beat the main storyline. I also picked up a Stanley case for her to keep all these Lego pieces.
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Working...
                                X