This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Anyone got any hints for Binding of Isaac? Don't want to get spoiled, just general "hey, try/don't try this you idiot" stuff I should know about.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Does anybody other than Twitch actually have a Switch yet? I finished Zelda (storyline only so far), but it was on the Wii U.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Unlocked Eve on Binding of Isaac.

First run with her I get a freaking Crack The Sky in room 1 (shoots sunbeams everywhere that wreck everything, especially bosses, but takes a couple rooms to recharge.)

A few floors later I get a Virgo (protection from a whole mess of stuff) and a freaking Holy Mantle (free one-hit shield per room.) I'm pretty much ready for war.

Make it to Depths. Pick up The Emperor. Start getting ***pwned, get down to 2 hearts, decide to pull a "What does THIS do?"

Well I'll tell you what it does - warps directly to Mom (one of the numerous end bosses.) Crack The Sky isn't charged. Game over.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Walked in to Gamestop today, 5 min later UPS shows up with Switch shipment.

Take my money.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            Walked in to Gamestop today, 5 min later UPS shows up with Switch shipment.

Take my money.
            Hearing lots of places are getting in shipments to prepare for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe which drops Friday. Target and Wal-Mart especially.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              Hearing lots of places are getting in shipments to prepare for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe which drops Friday. Target and Wal-Mart especially.
              I pre ordered kart so I don't need to hunt for it.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I pre ordered kart so I don't need to hunt for it.
                Honestly, other than happening upon a $10 deal, is there are reason to purchase a game at a store anymore?
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Honestly, other than happening upon a $10 deal, is there are reason to purchase a game at a store anymore?
                  In this case I could see it saving on storage space (you only have ~25 GB and an AAA game can take 6 GB or more - believe MK8 was 6.9 GB when I looked in the eShop.)

I got Breath of the Wild and Bomberman on cartridge. I'll try to get MK8 on cartridge as well, but it's nice to know there's the eShop if that fails.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    I buy them all from a store. It's near work, I build up relationship with employees. I can get better service and heads up on items coming in.

Pre-ordered at the store.
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      In this case I could see it saving on storage space (you only have ~25 GB and an AAA game can take 6 GB or more - believe MK8 was 6.9 GB when I looked in the eShop.)

I got Breath of the Wild and Bomberman on cartridge. I'll try to get MK8 on cartridge as well, but it's nice to know there's the eShop if that fails.
                      I was thinking more along the lines of ordering the game through Amazon or Target, just not going into a store and competing with the crowds.

I buy them all from a store. It's near work, I build up relationship with employees. I can get better service and heads up on items coming in.

Pre-ordered at the store.
                      Well, that makes sense. No stores are really that convenient for me.

Comment

My Gamestop still had 1 Switch left today out of the 5 they received yesterday. I'm surprised.

Maybe people are assuming they won't find one.
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

My Gamestop still had 1 Switch left today out of the 5 they received yesterday. I'm surprised.

Maybe people are assuming they won't find one.
                          I've not bothered looking for one. Didn't think to even try until August or September.

Comment

Twitch, you should send me whatever code Switch uses to mp some Mario Kart.
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Twitch, you should send me whatever code Switch uses to mp some Mario Kart.
                              Done!

For the rest of you looking to humiliate me at Mario Kart 8...

SW-4433-8640-6618

Comment

Man, 200cc is like a completely different game.

Rocking Dry Bowser/Standard Kart/Rollers/Super Glider for 150cc, and Lemmy/Streetle/Rollers/Super Glider for 200cc.

Comment

Working...
                                X