X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I will melt your soul.
    As an uncle with a niece obsessed with that show, I feel your pain.

/wait 72 hours to use the Mystery Mousekatool again, or pay $19.99
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      All in-game currency/microtransactions/loot crate purchases in Battlefront 2 have been suspended.
      Suspended. Temporarily. So people can go ahead and buy it and as soon as EA sells enough units the pay to win aspect can return.

Or in terms Star Wars fans will understand: It's a trap!

Comment

Apparently the police in several European countries are investigating the legality of the loot crates with respect to gambling.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

So I was thinking about this on the drive in today. How is this any different than collecting baseball cards or things like Magic cards back in the day?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            Apparently the police in several European countries are investigating the legality of the loot crates with respect to gambling.
            If they can’t host major Magic tournaments in places like Germany because of “gambling” then I’m pretty sure loot boxes count as well.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              So I was thinking about this on the drive in today. How is this any different than collecting baseball cards or things like Magic cards back in the day?
              Compared to Magic it’s no different, if anything significantly worse. You can always buy individual cards you need and they retain value beyond the $3.99 you paid originally. The loot box has zero physical value.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I find it hilarious we both posted about Magic almost simultaneously. I think I bought a starter deck back in grade school. Don’t think I did anything more.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Back when I was buying cards, you are either purchasing by the pack, or purchasing by the case. The packs were all numbered, so if you tracked them, you could get a good idea of what cards were in the pack. If you didn't track your pack numbers, then yes, it was a little bit of a gamble.

Loot crates in the game, from the sound of it, have contents that are almost entirely random, unless you pay an extra premium to guarantee a certain character.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I find it hilarious we both posted about Magic almost simultaneously. I think I bought a starter deck back in grade school. Don’t think I did anything more.
                    I met a guy who is hard core magic guy and you can make a ton of money if you had bought all the cards and kept them in pristine to good condition. Apparently cards get obsoleted and become very valuable to collectors etc. It's probably one of the few collections that maintains value which is sad.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I forget which year of NHL it was but there was the game mode where you collect the cards of certain players all on various teams and can play online against other people who have cards etc. It definitely is the first time I remember loot boxes being a thing basically.

They say that loot boxes are only cosmetic and don't affect gameplay but it's clearly not true, certain guys just bought a bunch of packs of cards and got full NHL rosters while some of my better players were from the Brandon Wheat Kings. The other thing was you'd earn points during games to get a new deck of cards or what have you (the basic pack obviously with no good players) so that you could at least extend the contracts of your current players but if for whatever reason you didn't earn enough points and your contracts were out you weren't allowed to just play a man short. So you literally had to buy a loot box to keep playing that mode . I think I spend $5 to get some NHL players but it's a total racket.

Nowadays I only play Battlefield 1 basically and am not paying for anything beyond the premium pack (that's also a racket but at least you get the new maps even if they aren't as good as the originals).

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        When I was buying baseball cards at least I got a piece of gum. That's a tangible, physical item...kind of...

Comment

That gum was awful.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            I met a guy who is hard core magic guy and you can make a ton of money if you had bought all the cards and kept them in pristine to good condition. Apparently cards get obsoleted and become very valuable to collectors etc. It's probably one of the few collections that maintains value which is sad.
                            So I’ve play MTG competitively for the last 6-7 years after getting into the game shortly before that.

So there’s not any cards that are obsolete, they have something called the Reserved List, which is a list of cards they’ve said they will not reprint. Not all of those cards have real value, it just depends on their competitive playability. The competitively played cards on that list though are a really good investment. The game isn’t going away anytime soon and there’s only a finite number of those cards that gradually keeps getting smaller.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

So... I think this week may finally be the week I jump into the current gen. Had just been playing RDR, NCAA football and college hoops but with RDR2 coming out soon and a couple guys bugging me to get a new system to play NHL I suppose it's finally time.

I'll be leaving Sony for the first time, but really the only thing I think I would miss is The Show and quite frankly you have to get pretty deep into that game for maximum enjoyment so it's probably for the best.

With that being said, any awesome Xbox One S deals?
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                So... I think this week may finally be the week I jump into the current gen. Had just been playing RDR, NCAA football and college hoops but with RDR2 coming out soon and a couple guys bugging me to get a new system to play NHL I suppose it's finally time.

I'll be leaving Sony for the first time, but really the only thing I think I would miss is The Show and quite frankly you have to get pretty deep into that game for maximum enjoyment so it's probably for the best.

With that being said, any awesome Xbox One S deals?
                                S is only 249 normally now. With black friday deals running already, id bet you can get a pretty nice price .
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X