Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Id like to talk about ES3: Morrowind coming to Xbox backwards compatibility on April 17th. *squee*

Also, Red Dead Redemption got a graphics upgrade on Xbox!
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Id like to talk about ES3: Morrowind coming to Xbox backwards compatibility on April 17th. *squee*

Also, Red Dead Redemption got a graphics upgrade on Xbox!
      It's getting a massive story and graphics upgrade this year for all platforms.

Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        It's getting a massive story and graphics upgrade this year for all platforms.
        Thats vaporware until it comes out. Been pushed back sooo many times!
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Got my laptop up and running and am paying my tribute to Gaben.

Rebought a bunch of tables on Pinball Arcade because they had a licensing snafu with Bally/Williams and all those tables will not be available after June 30.

Also rebought Binding of Isaac because I wanted the Antibirth add-on.

Cuphead and Fire Pro Wrestling World are probably next.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Now playing:

Dragon's Crown Pro (PS4, original saves move)
            Disgaea 5 (Switch, grinding to kill Baal)

Coming soon:
            Jurassic World Evolution (June)
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Had a hankering to dump $10 on Saints Row 2 last night for nostalgia's sake, but then I remembered that it is considered one of the worst PC ports of all time.

Supposedly there's a giant community mod that (somewhat) fixes it and adds a ton of new stuff (the flaming chainsaw launcher and tactical nuke flamingo launcher are cute.)

Probably wait for a Steam sale.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Had a hankering to dump $10 on Saints Row 2 last night for nostalgia's sake, but then I remembered that it is considered one of the worst PC ports of all time.

Supposedly there's a giant community mod that (somewhat) fixes it and adds a ton of new stuff (the flaming chainsaw launcher and tactical nuke flamingo launcher are cute.)

Probably wait for a Steam sale.
                Ya, i have that PC port also. I recall us playing some co op missions on the original.
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Ya, i have that PC port also. I recall us playing some co op missions on the original.
                  Does it run pretty well?

The new Acer is pretty beefy (Intel Core i7 7th gen 2.8 GHz, GeForce GTX 1070, 16 GB RAM) but I understand that the game is so crappily optimized that it might not matter. (Apparently they ported it assuming 3.2 GHz, the clock speed of the Xbox 360, and any deviation from this number in either direction including across multiple cores causes it to crap the bed.)

The mod is called Gentlemen of the Row, BTW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    Does it run pretty well?

The new Acer is pretty beefy (Intel Core i7 7th gen 2.8 GHz, GeForce GTX 1070, 16 GB RAM) but I understand that the game is so crappily optimized that it might not matter. (Apparently they ported it assuming 3.2 GHz, the clock speed of the Xbox 360, and any deviation from this number in either direction including across multiple cores causes it to crap the bed.)

The mod is called Gentlemen of the Row, BTW.
                    I never played it. Bought it packaged with the others because it was like $2.

Ive read the same things you did, including the mods.
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Several big announcements yesterday.

1. Let's Go Pikachu / Let's Go Eevee (Switch)

Not the core series, but based on pokemon yellow. Has first 151 pokemon, multiplayer, and lets you bring over pokemon from Pokemon Go

2. Fallout 76

New fallout, no details yet. Although if you think 76 means 1776, it'll be an east coast city.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

2. Fallout 76
                        New fallout, no details yet. Although if you think 76 means 1776, it'll be an east coast city.
                        It's Vault 76, and IIRC it's located (in game lore) in Washington DC / Virginia. It was set to open 20 or 25 years after the bombs fell. It was mentioned in both Fallout 3 and 4. This is rumored to be set ~2097/2102. So we'll actually get to see the wasteland virtually immediately after the bombs went off. It's also rumored to have an online component, no one knows if that means online co-op or massive multiplayer online.

For those unaware of the timeline:
                        Great War Starts (10/23/2077)
                        Fallout (12/5/2161)
                        Fallout: Tactics (1/1/2197)
                        Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (2208)
                        Fallout 2 (7/25/2241)
                        Fallout 3 (8/17/2277)
                        Fallout: New Vegas (10/19/2281)
                        Fallout 4 (10/23/2287) (Prologue starts in 2277 right when the bombs fall)
                        Fallout 76 ...
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

More details leaked:
                          https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-7...rpg-1826425333

When Bethesda announced Fallout 76 with a teaser trailer this morning, promising more information at E3, it was easy to assume that the new game would be a traditional single-player role-playing game. But Fallout 76 is in fact an online survival RPG that’s heavily inspired by games like DayZ and Rust, according to three people familiar with the project.
                          Originally prototyped as a multiplayer version of Fallout 4 with the goal of envisioning what an online Fallout game might look like, Fallout 76 has evolved quite a bit over the past few years, those sources said. It will have quests and a story, like any other game from Bethesda Game Studios, a developer known for meaty RPGs like Skyrim. It will also feature base-building—just like 2015's Fallout 4—and other survival-based and multiplayer mechanics, according to those sources. One source cautioned that the gameplay is rapidly changing, like it does in many online “service” games, but that’s the core outline.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Any of you play H1Z1?
                            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

So I went to a pinball/arcade expo today and ended up scoring one of these. "30,000" games (a dubious claim, but it's got **** near everything and room for any uploads I may find.)

http://centerpiecearcades.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                                So I went to a pinball/arcade expo today and ended up scoring one of these. "30,000" games (a dubious claim, but it's got **** near everything and room for any uploads I may find.)

http://centerpiecearcades.com/
                                May I ask how much?
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X