X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    May I ask how much?
    $3500. Not terrible. Was honestly expecting $5K or more.

This is my upcoming birthday/opening the new hospital/surviving Donald Trump as President present, and I'd been keeping one in the back of my mind for a while, so I went for it.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      $3500. Not terrible. Was honestly expecting $5K or more.

This is my upcoming birthday/opening the new hospital/surviving Donald Trump as President present, and I'd been keeping one in the back of my mind for a while, so I went for it.
      $3.5K? Dang.....might have to look into that in the future. Played one of those mega-games at a brewery this past winter, and it was all the awesome. It had dam near EVERYTHING. If I was a complete a-hole, I'd have hogged the thing for the entire time.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

$3.5K? Dang.....might have to look into that in the future. Played one of those mega-games at a brewery this past winter, and it was all the awesome. It had dam near EVERYTHING. If I was a complete a-hole, I'd have hogged the thing for the entire time.
        Yup. This is loaded. Everything from Pong all the way to modern-ish arcade games. Old console games too - a few ROMs were missing, but the guy knows where to get them.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Yup. This is loaded. Everything from Pong all the way to modern-ish arcade games. Old console games too - a few ROMs were missing, but the guy knows where to get them.
          Yep, I was specifically looking for Tempest, Elevator Action, and Galaga (the last is common, of course). Had them all. Jungle Hunt, Arkanoid, as well as the newer classics like Mortal Kombat and all the Street Fighters.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Raspberry Pi powered?
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Yep, I was specifically looking for Tempest, Elevator Action, and Galaga (the last is common, of course). Had them all. Jungle Hunt, Arkanoid, as well as the newer classics like Mortal Kombat and all the Street Fighters.
              Only thing it's missing is a light gun (the guy said they suck, he's tried to install them before and they fail and then everyone blames him for it.) It has the light gun games (House of the Dead, etc.) though.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Raspberry Pi powered?
                Windows 10 PC I believe.

Comment

Only thing it's missing is a light gun (the guy said they suck, he's tried to install them before and they fail and then everyone blames him for it.) It has the light gun games (House of the Dead, etc.) though.
                  The add-ons have always been tricky. The only "light gun" game I was into was Police Enforcers (correct name?). That game was fun. Basically a police training video game. Other than that? Meh. My philosophy was the less buttons, the better (including those combo button games like MK).

Comment

Windows 10 PC I believe.
                    Makes sense. Probably needs the oomph that a PC can give versus a Pi.

What a sweet rig. You did done good!
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Makes sense. Probably needs the oomph that a PC can give versus a Pi.

What a sweet rig. You did done good!
                      Yeah, pretty much drooling right now.

Comment

The add-ons have always been tricky. The only "light gun" game I was into was Police Enforcers (correct name?). That game was fun. Basically a police training video game. Other than that? Meh. My philosophy was the less buttons, the better (including those combo button games like MK).
                        Lethal Enforcers. Farking every place had one of those.

There was also a police training game called Police Trainer. Had all kinds of weird games where you shot targets.

Comment

Lethal Enforcers. Farking every place had one of those.

There was also a police training game called Police Trainer. Had all kinds of weird games where you shot targets.
                          Lethal Enforcers was the one. Similar to Police Trainer with the targets, kinda, though.

Comment

youngest boy wants a Nintendo switch. will there be difficulties if mookie buys it here in PAL region and the boy wants to play games with his peeps in the US?

(and before anyone gets snarky... there are NO stupid questions )
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              youngest boy wants a Nintendo switch. will there be difficulties if mookie buys it here in PAL region and the boy wants to play games with his peeps in the US?

(and before anyone gets snarky... there are NO stupid questions )
                              switch is a region free console. So its the same everywhere.

Id just be wary of the plugs for charging. I dont know if thats different.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                switch is a region free console. So its the same everywhere.

Id just be wary of the plugs for charging. I dont know if thats different.
                                Yes plugs are. Kinda why I want to buy here so there isn’t a hassle with adapter or converters
                                Figure by the time we leave there will be a new thing that’s better and he wants to upgrade
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X