This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

A high school sophomore in Illinois made a bad joke about shooting up his school. The judge ordered him to surrender his cell phone (for some reason) and banned him from playing - wait for it - violent video games. The judge did tell the kid he could "play all the Mario Kart you want," because apparently throwing bombs at other people isn't violent.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      A high school sophomore in Illinois made a bad joke about shooting up his school. The judge ordered him to surrender his cell phone (for some reason) and banned him from playing - wait for it - violent video games. The judge did tell the kid he could "play all the Mario Kart you want," because apparently throwing bombs at other people isn't violent.
      Instead of Bonestorm or Mariokart, he could play Lee Carvallo's Golf?
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Um excuse me sir, those are Bob-ombs, not bombs.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Um excuse me sir, those are Bob-ombs, not bombs.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmQVm18Q_Io
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Love that movie.

Comment

• Was waiting for someone to post that.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Nintendo just shifted the hype train into maximum overdrive. Smash confirmed for Switch.

Believed to be a new game as opposed to a Wii U port (HAL was mentioned in the Nintendo Direct, not Namco Bandai.)
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Sniffles met with video game execs yesterday to explain to them why their product is to blame for gun violence.

Little known alternative fact: the USA is the only country with violent video games. In the rest of the world they play educational sims.

Comment

Fortnite is going to be released on mobile platforms with cross network capability (PC/PS4). That's... Something.

Comment

I bought Xbox's $10 game pass so i could play Sea of Thieves today. I stead of shelling out full retail on it.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

So I get that RBI Baseball 18 isn't meant to be the XBox's answer to The Show, but is it a passable baseball game that will keep me entertained like the NHL series does?

Last MLB game I played was MLB 2k12 on Wii.

For $30 will I somewhat enjoy it or save my money?
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          So I get that RBI Baseball 18 isn't meant to be the XBox's answer to The Show, but is it a passable baseball game that will keep me entertained like the NHL series does?

Last MLB game I played was MLB 2k12 on Wii.

For $30 will I somewhat enjoy it or save my money?
                          This years was developed internally by mlbam. They wanted to make it better than previous ones. So this may actually be one worth getting.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/b...&ICID=ref_fark

How do these people sleep at night?
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Billy Mitchell has been disqualified from the Twin Galaxies high score boards for Donkey Kong and his scores erased. TG has also notified Guinness, and it's likely they'll remove him as well.

His first 1,000,000 run (the one on the VHS tape in King of Kong) was determined not to be performed on original hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                                Billy Mitchell has been disqualified from the Twin Galaxies high score boards for Donkey Kong and his scores erased. TG has also notified Guinness, and it's likely they'll remove him as well.

His first 1,000,000 run (the one on the VHS tape in King of Kong) was determined not to be performed on original hardware.
                                I feel like gaming is going through what baseball and cycling went through. They're finding out every last god**** one of them were cheats.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X