This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

NES Classic is being discontinued. Sounds like next month's stock will be the last.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      NES Classic is being discontinued. Sounds like next month's stock will be the last.
      So the MSRP will go from $60 to $50 (or whatever), yet the actual price paid by consumers will stay at $150 because Nintendo didn't bother to actually produce enough to meet demand.

I hope Nintendo learned their lesson should they decide to do this again for the SNES.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

wot? Why?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          wot? Why?
          Nintendo gets a hard on over making limited runs of things. They hate making money, I guess.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            wot? Why?
            Here's Nintendo's official release.

Throughout April, NOA territories will receive the last shipments of Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition systems for this year. We encourage anyone interested in obtaining this system to check with retail outlets regarding availability. We understand that it has been difficult for many consumers to find a system, and for that we apologize. We have paid close attention to consumer feedback, and we greatly appreciate the incredible level of consumer interest and support for this product.
            So they're done selling it for this year, but will probably re-release it with some upgrades based upon customer feedback. Perhaps some more titles will be included, maybe wireless controllers, or the ability to download more titles. This won't be the last time we see the NES Classic product.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Ok, I didn't about that. Just seemed weird to kill off one of their hottest sellers.

But that press release would be a horribly worded statement if that's what they were planning. Just say V2 coming soon.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

If i ever see another Classic, I'll pick it up. Then there can be a cat fight over who here wants to buy it from me (face value).
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Ho hum start to my major league career in MLB The Show 2017.

- Drafted #13 by the Pirates as a 1B
                  - Hit about .360 at Double-A Altoona for 2/3rds of a season
                  - Hit about .240 at Triple-A Indianapolis for 1/3rd of a season
                  - Hit about .240 in Spring Training (2018 season)
                  - Went 2-7 on opening day for the Pirates vs StL. Hit a 2-run HR in the 9th to tie the game (off of Franco)

My hitting is up to Hall of Fame level. Only level higher is Legend. That and my in ability to lay off the slider, explain the reduction in average.
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Drafted... by the Pirates
                    Your first sign.
                    Code:

Comment

Nintendo to release something new that you can't find before it's pulled from production a few months later
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Be sure to pre-order this time
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

At Meijer tonight just looking at some games and came across the following:

GTA V - PS3, $49.99
                          GTA V: Greatest Hits Edition - PS3, $29.99
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            At Meijer tonight just looking at some games and came across the following:

GTA V - PS3, $49.99
                            GTA V: Greatest Hits Edition - PS3, $29.99
                            Is the content between the two versions/packages of the game any different?

Also, sometimes the originally packaged version of a game can be worth something on the secondary market some years after a release while the Greatest Hits version wouldn't hold that same allure.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Is the content between the two versions/packages of the game any different?

Also, sometimes the originally packaged version of a game can be worth something on the secondary market some years after a release while the Greatest Hits version wouldn't hold that same allure.
                              I would be surprised if anything was different. In my experience buying Greatest Hits editions it's the same game, or in the case of Red Dead my copy is Greatest Hits and GOTY so it has two additional game modes included.

Ah, just looked it up. Greatest Hits editions are supposed to be a reduced price, presumably because it's a popular game trying to get a second boost. GTA V has just lasted that long it's running the original and Greatest Hits at the same time.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Stopped into Target yesterday just to nose around...and through pure dumb luck they had gotten in a shipment of Switches. What the heck, it's been out two months.

Picked up Breath of the Wild and Super Bomberman R, then bought Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ and Fast RMX in the eShop. Waiting for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to drop Friday.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X