This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

I may have the coolest wife in the world because instead of waiting for our old 58" LED TV to be repaired this past July (bad power board), she said "let's go to Best Buy and see what they have for 4K TVs; That way we can upgrade to the XBox X soon."

*edit* Yes, I finally was able to get the part to fix the old TV. Yes, we now have two ginormous TV's in our house.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Does she have a sister?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Rdr2 has some things that are annoying. I saved a guy from a wolf attack. He died from injuries anyways. So i put his body on my horse. Someone saw the body and assumed i killed him. So i had a $15 bounty. Which brought 6 ppl to kill me. Not arrest.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          I'm kinda curious as to why we don't have a full game list for the PS1 Classic. Are they trying to nail down 3rd party options?
          Here it is
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Not overwhelmed...
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Oof. That list of games is terrible.

That said, we're close approaching the era (PS1/N64) of rightsholder hell where iconic games are third party games.

The rumored N64 Retro is going to flop if they can't secure rights from Rare, MGM, AND EON Productions for Goldeneye.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Oof. That list of games is terrible.

That said, we're close approaching the era (PS1/N64) of rightsholder hell where iconic games are third party games.

The rumored N64 Retro is going to flop if they can't secure rights from Rare, MGM, AND EON Productions for Goldeneye.
                Not surprising. Sony played a lot more fast and loose with third party licensing than Nintendo, because they were starting from nothing and desperate for games to jumpstart the system and become franchises. Result was a lot more saturated market.

And Perfect Dark is an acceptable (possibly superior) substitute if they can't chase down all the rights to 007. Rare is now owned by Microsoft, so good luck with that one.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Looking forward to attending the Rocket League World Championship this weekend in Las Vegas. First eSport championship for me, should be a blast.

Comment

So there's an app for Twitch that lets the streamer play SMB3 while allowing chat to spend bits to mess with them (spawn in Lakitu/Boss Bass/Angry Sun, steal all their time, force powerups on them, etc.)

It's a thing of beauty.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Katamari Damacy Reroll out today for Switch.

Some other little niche game, Super Smash Bros. is also out today.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        Some other little niche game, Super Smash Bros. is also out today.
                        Can't taunt online, preorder canceled, 0/10 IGN.

Comment

Applied for a job with Riot Games in Berlin, thoughts on League of Legends? I was surprised to find it was a freemium game. I haven't been addicted to anything since Counter Strike since college, save for some NHL and Fifa games, but that's mostly because I have been scared to try something new now that I'm all productive and ****. But if my job involves broadcasting live LoL games, I think I'd find myself quite addicted quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                            Applied for a job with Riot Games in Berlin, thoughts on League of Legends? I was surprised to find it was a freemium game. I haven't been addicted to anything since Counter Strike since college, save for some NHL and Fifa games, but that's mostly because I have been scared to try something new now that I'm all productive and ****. But if my job involves broadcasting live LoL games, I think I'd find myself quite addicted quickly.
                            Dang... you may be getting "the Boy's" dream job! He would absolutely love to work there upon graduation (Computer Information Tech @ RIT). I may not be able to provide a direct answer your question on LoL, but I can say that "the Boy" lives and dreams it. He and a few friends even had us take a mini-Vacation to Toronto a few years ago so they could attend an E-Games event at the Air Canada Center, where his favorite teams were competing in the LoL World Championships. Of course I, being an old fart, had to wonder just what in the hell would possess someone to want to sit in an arena and watch people play video games, but the damn thing was sold-out, so that just shows what I know on the topic (nothing!), but there is obviously a market for it.

I have watched him play a game or two and it is well-beyond my level of understanding... but I also haven't logged hundreds of hours playing it either! I'm a good-old fashioned NHL'er as well, along with a variety of PSx console games like Uncharted, Battlefront, and [gulp] LBP (Platinum Trophy, baby!)... still have my original NintendoNES and Atari, too! I just never wandered into the PC platform realm of games like LoL... I've 'pizzed-away' enough time on the consoles!

Good luck to you in landing that gig at Riot Games!
                            Cheers!!!
                            ~TTF
                            Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 12-14-2018, 05:42 AM.
                            Dave
                            RIT - '90

Comment

Berlin is awesome, I can give a lot of tips if you end up moving there. One of the best places I’ve ever lived

Comment

Steam Winter Sale is on.

Picked up BeamNG.drive - driving simulator with a ridiculously detailed crash physics engine and a ginormous mod community (cars, stunt parks, etc.) Takes a pretty powerful rig to run it, but worth it if you can do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X