Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...letics-esports

So the talk of NCAA E-Sports has become a thing. This is an interesting turn, even if the NCAA isn't gonna regulate this.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Odyssey is brilliant, obviously.

Seems to really want to jam the motion controls down your throat (I usually play with the Joycons docked in handheld mode.) Some of the controls like the upward/downward/homing/circular hat throw are motion only.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        Odyssey is brilliant, obviously.

Seems to really want to jam the motion controls down your throat (I usually play with the Joycons docked in handheld mode.) Some of the controls like the upward/downward/homing/circular hat throw are motion only.
        I use pro controller. Still able to use those moves.

Only need 20 more moons to reach end of story. Then on to the post game grind!
        Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-28-2017, 08:28 PM.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          I use pro controller. Still able to use those moves.

Only need 20 more moons to reach end of story. Then on to the post game grind!
          I've heard post-story on this game is massive.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

A couple of annoying platform sections, but i was able to finish Odyssey.

On to power moon collecting! Over 600 total in game. Im at about 160...
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

The ending of New Donk City...god****it Nintendo, don't do this to me.

I went back and played that ten straight times.

Comment

The ending of New Donk City...god****it Nintendo, don't do this to me.

I went back and played that ten straight times.
                The centipede? That one wasnt as bad for me as some others, that i wont give away since you may not be there.
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  The centipede? That one wasnt as bad for me as some others, that i wont give away since you may not be there.
                  He was actually pretty feisty, but no.

The festival. JFC. That's one of the most beautiful things Nintendo has ever done. I was grinning like an idiot all the way through.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the Black Friday sale on Xbox again this year. I may pick up NHL18 if it's half price. Or not.

I haven't been too thrilled with the NHL series for years now. Bought them religiously every year from NHL 98 up to NHL 09 for N64, Gamecube, and PS2 (whatever system I had at the time, and also some PC duplicates). Then got a Wii and bought 2k10 and 2k11.

Then a giant void where I realized I never needed to buy EA Roster Update so habitually. Then my wife and I bought an Xbox. I picked up NHL 15 with it.

Whoooboy. I know I was way too familiar with motion controls after the Wii, but NHL15 felt lightyears different control wise (in a bad way) and yet, all too familiar in glitches (again, bad ones that never got patched) than prior EA attempts I was used to on the PS2.

I struggled with 15 thinking it was just reacclimating to a regular controller. Glitches I knew were still present (cut across the crease, fire blindly behind you while skating away from the net, goalie won't attempt a save)

Skipped 16 but played a buddies copy. Still struggled. Found new glitches (random penalties I took lead to playing whole game 5-on-3, even after serving penalty).

Bought 17.

I'm 31-121-18 career in online play. I get thumped regularly by 8 or 9 goals, yet I get A- ratings for my defensive play because I play good defense up until the AI decides it's had enough of me and my online opponent scores four quick goals early in the third to start the rout.

Ugh. I don't mind losing fair. But the ice tilt is ridiculous in the series now. I'll put good pressure on using an umbrella play, get four or five good shots off, suddenly my pass goes right to the online opponent and they skate in on a breakaway and score on a lazy dribbler.

Other times I can't clear the puck from my zone, my online opponent will pass-pass-score when the puck goes right past four of my players where the AI should have picked the puck up or broken the pass.

It's frustrating trying to get good when only cheese goals and AI breaking plays are the go-to moves.

*edit* Here was my last online game. Everything is about equal. Except the score. I was the Wings.https://imgur.com/a/FWSyC
                    Last edited by aparch; 11-01-2017, 03:03 PM.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

They peaked years ago
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        They peaked years ago
                        They all flatlined when the sports sold exclusivity to EA, 2k, or Sony.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Yep. I still stand by my statement that ESPN NFL 2K5 was the greatest football game of all time.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Princess Peach Wedding Amiibo is OP for Odyssey. She gives you 3 additional health, and doesnt seem to have a use limit.

You can't get 6 consecutive health from her however.

Makes Dark side of the moon boss rush trivial.
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              Princess Peach Wedding Amiibo is OP for Odyssey. She gives you 3 additional health, and doesnt seem to have a use limit.

You can't get 6 consecutive health from her however.

Makes Dark side of the moon boss rush trivial.
                              "Don't you know it's time to raise our sales sails?"

I still have no clue how I'm going to get 100 jumps on the jump rope in New Donk City.

Should be able to crash Bowser's wedding in a couple more hours this weekend, then all hell breaks loose. (Or I just buy from the neverending supply of moons that gets unlocked at the shop until I have 999, that works too.)

Comment

"Don't you know it's time to raise our sales sails?"

I still have no clue how I'm going to get 100 jumps on the jump rope in New Donk City.

Should be able to crash Bowser's wedding in a couple more hours this weekend, then all hell breaks loose. (Or I just buy from the neverending supply of moons that gets unlocked at the shop until I have 999, that works too.)
                                I think jump rope record is 56 so far. I believe you can see friend rank to keep me honest.
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Working...
                                X