This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

It seems the Gopher game against you won't be on TV. Do you have a streaming option for all home games? I'd be okay with coughing up ~$10 for a month subscription if the quality is good. Thanks.

Comment

Re streaming, yes it is available. I'd defer to grant on quality, etc. Sucks that the biggest OOC game in years is on Black Friday when the students are away and is one of the biggest travel days of the year.

Looking at the home schedule won't be at a regular season home game until BU. Fall weddings are the worst.

BTW it's game week!

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        One step further:
        McCoshen, Santini, Calnan, Fitzgerald, Gilmour, and Demko probably play 3 or fewer seasons at BC each
        Hanifin, Tuch, and Sanford probably play 2 or fewer seasons at BC each.
        For the 2016-17 season BC's junior and senior classes combined may just be M. Gaudreau, Cangelosi, and Savage.
        This is exactly what we need on the back end for the future. Big, strong, mean and under the radar (at least until now).

Langley Rivermen at Salmon Arm Silverbacks, Sep 19, 2014

HockeyProspect.com

 September 26, 2014

 NHL Draft

Sep. 19, 2014 – Langley Rivermen vs. Salmon Arm Silverbacks (2014 BCHL Showcase)
        SAL #8 Andy Chugg (2013) – Another obscure talent who went unnoticed in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft is the Mesa, Arizona product Andy Chugg, who provided a defensive counter-balance to Farny’s offensive explosion all game long. At 6-foot-4 and 200 pounds, he’s already NHL-sized, and he knows how to utilize his size effectively. He’s not necessarily an offensive threat, as I don’t remember him creating many chances in the opposition’s end. But he’s a mean hitter who plays with an edge. Chugg was a brick wall when it came to Langley forwards trying to break into the prime scoring area. He looked like a really frustrating player to be placed up against, and the frustration showed in terms of Langley’s decision-making.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          Re streaming, yes it is available. I'd defer to grant on quality, etc. Sucks that the biggest OOC game in years is on Black Friday when the students are away and is one of the biggest travel days of the year.

Looking at the home schedule won't be at a regular season home game until BU. Fall weddings are the worst.

BTW it's game week!
          It's $10 a month which includes any team under CBS College Sports Live platform. Quality at BC is passable but we've been beating the drum about getting it improved for a while now.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Hey there,

Just as an FYI last week RIT announced <1000 seats left for the game. As others have posted, the game routinely sells out. We're looking forward to having you guys in town, and I'm hoping for a fun game. If you guys need and advice on places to eat or drink I'll gladly help

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
            RIT is opening a new rink on the 18th, have no idea how many people it holds but I might drive out to that game if I can get a ticket
            RIT Tigers

Comment

I see solid defense looking at the roster but where will the offense come from after losing the big line ? We have to win 2-1 and 3-2 games this year ?
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

looking at the lines the kid posted:

Tuch-Gilmour-Calnan
                Sanford-Fitz-Cangelosi
                Gaudreau-Linell-Spiro
                Smith-Sit-Straight

pretty top heavy again. need a SR or 2 to have the Pat Brown jump. Think we're going to get a ton more offense from the blue line than we're used to.

silk's out (no word on what / how long, etc)

Comment

goaltending tandem plus defensive unit combined should be one of the top groups in the country. gonna have to carry the team for the most part. need big years from fitzgerald and cangelosi. they are capable but need to take a bigger jump than normally expected for this team to have a "great" year.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                    looking at the lines the kid posted:

Tuch-Gilmour-Calnan
                    Sanford-Fitz-Cangelosi
                    Gaudreau-Linell-Spiro
                    Smith-Sit-Straight

pretty top heavy again. need a SR or 2 to have the Pat Brown jump. Think we're going to get a ton more offense from the blue line than we're used to.

silk's out (no word on what / how long, etc)
                    Wait... where's Milano?

That Gilmour line is BIG!
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Wait... where's Milano?
                      unfortunately not with us funny boy. water under the bridge but he was probably the difference between us as a FF participant favorite to us being with about 10-12 other teams stacked behind Minnesota instead of being right with them.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        unfortunately not with us funny boy. water under the bridge but he was probably the difference between us as a FF participant favorite to us being with about 10-12 other teams stacked behind Minnesota instead of being right with them.
                        Defense and goaltending win championships. We have both. No worries... yet.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

tuch with 2 very different goals...good to see

Comment

Good game. After the first 10 min I thought the Eagles were going to blow us out like the did two years ago (6-0).

I forgot that in NCAA you can play three goalies a game. You don't see that very often.

Comment

Tough to read too much into it, as reference above 3 goalies 13 F / 7 D, no clue on comparison skill level, etc. Happy to come away w/o injury but some things that stood out:

Nice to see Benedetto was in midseason form
                              Big line of Calnan-Gilmour-Tuch was obviously impressive. Also the size across the board. Biggest BC team I can remember in a while. Big line is well over 600 lbs, 5 Dmen 6'1 + and Demko is obviously a big goalie as well

Defensive breakdowns. There must've been 4 breakaways allowed in the 2nd half of the game.

Comment

Thought it was a pretty decent performance overall. UNB looked really good- strong and fast, way better than other Canadian teams we've seen play BC. Tuch was tremendous, as was Calnan. The defensive breakdowns were ugly, but it was the first game. Work in progress.
                                BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                                -
                                Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X