This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Just doing some perusing. Man, for all the crap BC fans take for being arrogant, check out the st. Lawrence thread in regard to quinnipiac. Certainly some pompous windbags. In fact notre dame would be PERFECT for the ecac in that regard. Can we trade ND for quinnipiac?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Just doing some perusing. Man, for all the crap BC fans take for being arrogant, check out the st. Lawrence thread in regard to quinnipiac. Certainly some pompous windbags. In fact notre dame would be PERFECT for the ecac in that regard. Can we trade ND for quinnipiac?
      Notre Dame out, quinnipiac in would be my ideal scenario for Hockey East at this point - then LEAVE IT ALONE.

Supposedly Commissioner-For-Life Bertagna was on NESN on Friday saying Hockey East would consider more expansion if necessary to solve the "scheduling problem" the league has right now.

I have no idea what he was referring to, but I assume it's one of two things:
      1) lower-tier HEA teams not being able to fill all their OOC dates;
      2) the weird home-and-away rules necessitated by Notre Dame's arrival

..both of which were caused by the unnecessary Notre Dame addition.

Adding any more teams to this league would dilute the product even more. Let's boot ND, bring in Quinnipiac, and if you want to add more conference games, break the league into two 6-team divisions. 3 games vs the 5 in your division, 2 vs the 6 out. Two problems solved.
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Joe you need to mention Mookie as the creator of that scenario
        Thanks

The TV talkers on the Maine-nd game last
        Nice were saying the same thing. Have a pod where teams play a selected extra game against certain teams.
        Which sucks cause it gets us back to 27 league games and we lose all the ooc peaches that was sold to us when expansion was first proposed.

JoeB is a worthless cock sucker
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Back to 27 league games? I'd rather stay at 22 or go up a couple and just have an unbalanced schedule. At least with an unbalanced schedule i could understand the need for every team to make the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by joegrav View Post
            Notre Dame out, quinnipiac in would be my ideal scenario for Hockey East at this point - then LEAVE IT ALONE.

Supposedly Commissioner-For-Life Bertagna was on NESN on Friday saying Hockey East would consider more expansion if necessary to solve the "scheduling problem" the league has right now.

I have no idea what he was referring to, but I assume it's one of two things:
            1) lower-tier HEA teams not being able to fill all their OOC dates;
            2) the weird home-and-away rules necessitated by Notre Dame's arrival

..both of which were caused by the unnecessary Notre Dame addition.

Adding any more teams to this league would dilute the product even more. Let's boot ND, bring in Quinnipiac, and if you want to add more conference games, break the league into two 6-team divisions. 3 games vs the 5 in your division, 2 vs the 6 out. Two problems solved.
            My understanding was that the OOC challenges were more for Maine and UVM due to geography. The "lower teir" teams may have trouble too, especially if they end up having to schedule more games that involve flights and hotel stays.... That is a big added financial burden.

Quinnipiac seems like they would have been a more sensible addition to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Back to 27 league games? I'd rather stay at 22 or go up a couple and just have an unbalanced schedule. At least with an unbalanced schedule i could understand the need for every team to make the playoffs.
              I'd rather stay at 22 as well.... Not a fan of an unbalanced schedule at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Joe you need to mention Mookie as the creator of that scenario
                Thanks

The TV talkers on the Maine-nd game last
                Nice were saying the same thing. Have a pod where teams play a selected extra game against certain teams.
                Which sucks cause it gets us back to 27 league games and we lose all the ooc peaches that was sold to us when expansion was first proposed.

JoeB is a worthless cock sucker
                The funny thing is *everybody knew at the time* that filling the extra OOC spots was going to be a struggle for the Merrimacks and UMasses of the world and yet Hockey East went ahead with the expansion anyway. It's not like this was some sort of crazy unforeseen event that nobody could have predicted. I think Joey Lasagna was starstruck by the Fighting Irish and just eschewed reason in his pursuit of them (including decreasing the national TV presence for all of his teams that are not Notre Dame).

Does no long-term planning go in to these decisions? Presumably they did a cost-benefit analysis of the extra OOC marquee games for the BCs and BUs of the world vs. the difficulties for the smaller teams? Presumably they made some sort of strategic plan for how to help their members with the scheduling dilemma, right? Wait, no, of course they didn't.

Hockey East commissioner seems like it would be the easiest job of all time and yet they seem to do all they can to botch it. The old saying about screwing up a two-car funeral if you spotted them the hearse seems to apply here.
                -

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Quinnipiac seems like they would have been a more sensible addition to me.
                  the ecac snobs agree!

Comment

without going to a division format, you could do 24 league games and partner everyone up with a rival to play 4x a year. It wouldn't really be fair depending on who you're matched with but neither is life.
                    BC-BU
                    Maine-UNH
                    Lowell-UMass
                    UConn-Quinnipiac (please please please)
                    Merrimack-Providence
                    Northeastern-UVM (someone has to be the odd man out)

For the ones that aren't "natural rivals" you could mix up who the 4x partner is each year. maybe some years it's merrimack-lowell, some years it's merrimack-umass.
                    -

Comment

And that's why under a format like that i would actually support all teams making playoffs

Comment

And that's why under a format like that i would actually support all teams making playoffs
                        i'm with you on this, though at this point all teams making the playoffs is kind of a fait accompli. i don't see them going back from this, unfortunately. so draw up all hypotheticals with that in mind.
                        -

Comment

these team are just lazy and selfish and stupid.

there are a number of ezac/ivy games that are played intra-league by are considered ooc. why joeb isn't working hard to end those and replace them with hea teams (maybe an ezac-hea challenge?!?!) has no answer.

if umo has to schedule 6 (SIX!!) ooc games against hea then they need to consider joining aha. embarrassing that is to have.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

if we're sticking at the 12 (which we should) please just stay at 22 HE games. I have less than zero interest in seeing any more of Merrimack, UMass, etc.

those teams can odd ooc games against each other if they're having trouble

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              if we're sticking at the 12 (which we should) please just stay at 22 HE games. I have less than zero interest in seeing any more of Merrimack, UMass, etc.

those teams can odd ooc games against each other if they're having trouble
                              Agreed. 24 wouldn't be the end of the world, but 27 was way too high. Afforded virtually no OOC opportunities. If Maine, etc. can't get teams to play them OOC, that's their problem.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Grant's piece on BCI about ND is , shall i say, epic? Bravo! author! author!

Comment

Working...
                                X