This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

No question what team deserved the 2 points...good job not getting frustrated

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Talk about a quick whistle...absolute joke
      gotta love hockey east, i think that was fitz too? should've had four

imagine if demko didn't need surgery on his hips

Comment

Thoughts...
        That was a great hockey game. Had a post season type intensity to it, on the ice, not so much the atmosphere.

I guessed 7000 in attendance. I see there were 6800.

BC could have scored 4 in the first if not for the UConn goalie (Nichols) standing on his head. He was something else and I was fearing he might steal 2 points. How the heck did he not get one of the stars of the game?

Cav has his team playing a BC style game. They brought 2 aggressive forecheckers against us all night long. Was nice to see our guys handle the pressure almost flawlessly.

BC controlled play for long stretches at a time but UConn never quit. Neither did the Eagles, despite the frustration of being stoned on so many grade A chances. But they just kept bringing it all night long. That was a great effort and a well deserved win for the Eagles.

Welcome back Fitzy. To steal a phrase from the pinheads, he skated all night long like his hair was on fire.

We leap frog Lowell and VT to #13 PWR. Sweet. Just keep winning baby.
        Last edited by FiveHole12; 01-24-2015, 10:44 PM.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Played very well for long stretched in this game but I think we all know by now that most the games down the stretch are gonna be just like the wins against BU, Merrimack and UConn. Just an all out dog fight each and every night.

I almost lost it when they reviewed a potential UConn goal after not blowing the whistle for an eternity compared to the horrendous quick whistle that cost BC a goal.

Aside from the PWR, if you look at the Hockey East standings now, they have put themselves in a realistic position to grab one of those first round byes. Beating Providence will be an extremely tall task for this team, but played them tough down at Schneider. Certainly not "expecting" a win, but we'll see what happens.

Comment

Fun game tonight and a big crowd. Cav's already got UConn playing great hockey. Imagine when he starts getting more of his own recruits in there? They are going to be a tough out year in and year out.

They are on the right side of the PWR bubble for now,. Things are going to fluctuate like crazy -- the gap is so small between almost all of these teams. Look at Lowell now suddenly below BC and down on the bubble. Vermont too. And Providence goes from early struggles to suddenly surging up into the top 10.

On BCI yesterday Grant wrote that if BC goes 7-3-0 in the last 10 they should be on the right side of the bubble going in to conference tournaments (which will obviously stir the pot up some more). One win down. They're all gonna be cage fights, as referenced above.

Let's talk about how bonkers the Hockey East tournament is going to be. The OctoFinals will have a few dog matchups since UNH and UMass will be in there and those teams look bad right now. But beyond that... how many easy outs will there be? You're looking at a Merrimack or a UConn or even a Notre Dame in 8/9 land traveling to the 1-seed, probably BU? That's likely to be a competitive series. If BC ends up 2 or 3 you're probably looking at a Northeastern or even a Vermont or (gah) Notre Dame coming to Conte for the QFs. Going to be some great hockey, if bad for the nerves.
            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
            -
            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

First of many BC wins over Uconn. Thought they brought a nice contingent of about 400-500 people sprinkled throughout Conte in their various Uconn basketball jerseys which made for an interesting environment, but they made some noise when their team scored so good for them.

After seeing Calnan get poke checked on the breakaway I didn't think things were going to happen. Happy that Fitzgerald got going again to pace the offense. Santini nowhere near his pre-injury form. Apparently Linell got hurt and didn't play much ... didn't notice at all. Spiro had a nice 3rd period IMO.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Pretty funny spot in the NHL skills competition involving Johnny Hockey, good sport
                http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  First of many BC wins over Uconn. Thought they brought a nice contingent of about 400-500 people sprinkled throughout Conte in their various Uconn basketball jerseys which made for an interesting environment, but they made some noise when their team scored so good for them.

After seeing Calnan get poke checked on the breakaway I didn't think things were going to happen. Happy that Fitzgerald got going again to pace the offense. Santini nowhere near his pre-injury form. Apparently Linell got hurt and didn't play much ... didn't notice at all. Spiro had a nice 3rd period IMO.
                  according to the puppy pound there were 2k yukon fans there: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/the-...15-1900.71532/

they must be using the same method of counting they did for the smu game where they claimed what 20k and there were about 4k

santini is no where near his pre-surgery form. he looks downright shaky out there at times.

yeah didn't see linell get hurt but saw doherty take shifts at forward.

Comment

Love the guy who said BC should be planning their exit from hockey east

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      according to the puppy pound there were 2k yukon fans there: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/the-...15-1900.71532/

they must be using the same method of counting they did for the smu game where they claimed what 20k and there were about 4k

"games not involving BU or ND average 4500-5500" is total BS, wonder how much research they did to come up with that figure. We averaged over 6000 the last four years. You have to draw more than 4500-5500 per the 3 non-BU/ND games to average over 6K ..............i have to agree with the post (Grant??) on EA about being wrong about Yukon in HE which i alluded to in a post yesterday. Cav has done a sensational job ,obviously, and to have another team come into Conte and generate BU type excitement? I'm all in . Even if they brought only 500, that's still great and more than any other school since the fall of UNH and Maine. He mentioned ND leaving (maybe they think its not such a good match after all?) and invite Quinnipiac in and you have a near perfect HE. Nice thought, probably wont ever happen but it should have

edit: it was Joe's post (same thing)
                      Last edited by sterlippo1; 01-25-2015, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Love the guy who said BC should be planning their exit from hockey east
                        hhahahahhahahaha, i didnt see that and had to go back and read it..........see? this is going to be fun afterall

Comment

Originally posted by joegrav View Post
                          Fun game tonight and a big crowd. Cav's already got UConn playing great hockey. Imagine when he starts getting more of his own recruits in there? They are going to be a tough out year in and year out.
                          Not to mention they only have 10 scholarships compared to the rest of the league at 18. Significant difference. Kudos to Cav, because it certainly doesn't look it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            ....i have to agree with the post (Grant??) on EA about being wrong about Yukon in HE which i alluded to in a post yesterday. Cav has done a sensational job ,obviously, and to have another team come into Conte and generate BU type excitement? I'm all in . Even if they brought only 500, that's still great and more than any other school since the fall of UNH and Maine. He mentioned ND leaving (maybe they think its not such a good match after all?) and invite Quinnipiac in and you have a near perfect HE. Nice thought, probably wont ever happen but it should have
                            Agree that UConn so far has exceeded how I expected them to perform on the ice.

BU type of excitement? Is that leftover from the old big east days perhaps? From this BU fans perspective, I'd say that UConn generates nowhere near BC type of excitement... In fact I can't think of many teams I'd feel less excited about seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              Agree that UConn so far has exceeded how I expected them to perform on the ice.

BU type of excitement? Is that leftover from the old big east days perhaps? From this BU fans perspective, I'd say that UConn generates nowhere near BC type of excitement... In fact I can't think of many teams I'd feel less excited about seeing.
                              i was not able to get to the game (dont get me started on that) but from what i heard from FiveHole12 it was a" BU type" atmosphere. As you know, there is no love lost between the two schools so if this develops it will be a lot of fun, like the BU games (yes, i know, nothing is or ever will be the same or as good, just as kind of a point of reference)

Comment

bu level? no but maybe nu and yeah that's a holdover from the old big east days.

cavs a very good coach, i wonder how long he's going to stick around

Comment

Working...
                                X