X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    How's that workin out for ya? Seguin with his 28th tonight.
    Sequin's team is in 6th place in their division. What's your point?
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

So are the Bruins!
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

B's are in 4th. Seguin didn't fit. Neither will Eichel.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

This a stupid conversation. (I know, I started it.). Eichel isn't going to be a Bruin. My point was most NHL fans would like to see him on their favorite team. The Bruins are an anomaly 'cause they hate goal scorers.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Looks like the Eagles suffered from a little BU-BC let down. D'oh! Hey Timmy. Go watch Eichel's OT snipe and let me know if you'd like that on the Bruins next season. Thought so.
            Oh sure, have the Bruins recently created a position that requires no D?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Maine played its best game of the season tonight, I never expected it but BC isn't like teams of old. They have talent but they aren't stacked like previous years from what I saw
              if you want to know how good the Eagles are and what type of team they have read our thread, not the BU thread. To them,we are sandbaggers because this is the same old same old loaded , stacked teams of year's past........

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                We've been saying that all season long but nobody listens.
                BC has to bring IT every night, like they did against BU, to be successful. Anything less and they get what they got at Maine.
                That just hurts my feelings. () I've been listening, and believing. The more interesting thing (to me) is that all four of the former Big Four have been / are saying this. Where did all of the good players go? UConn?
                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  This a stupid conversation. (I know, I started it.). Eichel isn't going to be a Bruin. My point was most NHL fans would like to see him on their favorite team. The Bruins are an anomaly 'cause they hate goal scorers.
                  You mean they or Jacobs are too cheap to pay for one. They're living off the good will of the last cup. But hopefully Pasternak can provide some missing offense until they let him go when his contract is up. Let's face it, they more interested in the dollar which is their bottom line but not necessarily the fans. They don't want to pay a player when it is time to resign one.
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Maine played its best game of the season tonight, I never expected it but BC isn't like teams of old. They have talent but they aren't stacked like previous years from what I saw
                    Yes knowledgable BC fans know that here who have watched this team.

They have to bring it every night or game and have to play error free hockey. There is very little room for error on this team.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

GIFs and recap for Maine

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...ne-black-bears
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                        You mean they or Jacobs are too cheap to pay for one. They're living off the good will of the last cup. But hopefully Pasternak can provide some missing offense until they let him go when his contract is up. Let's face it, they more interested in the dollar which is their bottom line but not necessarily the fans. They don't want to pay a player when it is time to resign one.
                        There's a salary cap. They've signed some key players (Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron, Rask and others). Who do you want to dump for a Seguin? Who do you want to dump for Eichel? Remember... if you want to sign a high cost guy, you have to dump equal salary or numerous players to sign one. Want to dump Chara? Seidenberg?

Given their success since Harry Sinden retired, I can't now, nor could I before, blame it on Jacobs. Harry Sinden made himself a heck of a living putting a mediocre product on the ice, and money in his boss's pocket. When the B's changed management, it didn't take long for them to become a Stanley Cup contender, and they will contend again this year. There was no direction or plan as to the on ice product under Sinden. Today, there is a plan as to what system/product the management/coaching staff wants on the ice. They're doing a pretty good job of sticking to the plan and building a quality product, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                          Yes knowledgable BC fans know that here who have watched this team.

They have to bring it every night or game and have to play error free hockey. There is very little room for error on this team.
                          Maine is in that same boat in that they have to bring it and play mistake free. Sunday afternoon was the first time I've seen it this season
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine is in that same boat in that they have to bring it and play mistake free. Sunday afternoon was the first time I've seen it this season
                            aw, you guys suck anyway
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              There's a salary cap. They've signed some key players (Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron, Rask and others). Who do you want to dump for a Seguin? Who do you want to dump for Eichel? Remember... if you want to sign a high cost guy, you have to dump equal salary or numerous players to sign one. Want to dump Chara? Seidenberg?

Given their success since Harry Sinden retired, I can't now, nor could I before, blame it on Jacobs. Harry Sinden made himself a heck of a living putting a mediocre product on the ice, and money in his boss's pocket. When the B's changed management, it didn't take long for them to become a Stanley Cup contender, and they will contend again this year. There was no direction or plan as to the on ice product under Sinden. Today, there is a plan as to what system/product the management/coaching staff wants on the ice. They're doing a pretty good job of sticking to the plan and building a quality product, IMO.
                              FiveHole12, i didnt realize you were such a B's/Jacobs fam rump swab

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                FiveHole12, i didnt realize you were such a B's/Jacobs fam rump swab
                                Haha... I'm not. I just don't listen to talk shows. I try to pay attention to what's actually going on.
                                Last edited by FiveHole12; 01-20-2015, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X