X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Yup, York doesnt get it. He doesnt see them practice all week, watch film etc. Simply makes mnoves to put team in worst position to win

Wow, glad that riddle was solved
    not what i was alluding to but whatever

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      not what i was alluding to but whatever
      my bad

Comment

Hindsight has nothing to do with what was taking place in practice and games.

York and staff have at the least earned the right to pick their lineup. If Doherty wasnt in, he wasnt earning it at practice. End of story
        Wasn't hindsight.

But not engaging in this argument anymore.

Happy Gaudreau is in and providing a spark.

As JD mentioned, sneaky big weekend coming up as there's a little hole already dug in HE.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          Wasn't hindsight.

But not engaging in this argument anymore.

Happy Gaudreau is in and providing a spark.

As JD mentioned, sneaky big weekend coming up as there's a little hole already dug in HE.
          Dont, I will stick with York on lineup decisions

Comment

I'm hopeful they can work things out eventually but it is expected that this will take time with the offense and defense too. I'm thinking when Santini is back if they can use Matheson as a forward from time to time to booster the lines. He certainly has the skills as a forward with his stick handling and skating when he rushes and carries the puck at times. Certainly he has more talent than what some of our forwards have shown in their 3 or 4 years here. I'm talking about guys like Linell, Straight, etc.

Anyone like this idea ? I remember we had a BC defenseman once and he would skate as a forward but I forgot his name. Nice kid and I think his mom passed away from an illness.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              I'm hopeful they can work things out eventually but it is expected that this will take time with the offense and defense too. I'm thinking when Santini is back if they can use Matheson as a forward from time to time to booster the lines. He certainly has the skills as a forward with his stick handling and skating when he rushes and carries the puck at times. Certainly he has more talent than what some of our forwards have shown in their 3 or 4 years here. I'm talking about guys like Linell, Straight, etc.

Anyone like this idea ? I remember we had a BC defenseman once and he would skate as a forward but I forgot his name. Nice kid and I think his mom passed away from an illness.
              It was Marty Hughes (I believe uncle or cousin of current Dman Teddy Doherty). I believe he was more of a straight up convert than a guy that was switching back and forth. Scored a goal in the 2000 national title game at forward too. I feel like Brett Peterson was also used as a 2-way guy in times of need but can't remember.

I say stick with Matheson on D and hope you can somehow teach this kid how to play defense and not make crazy ridiculous mistakes. At this point he should have this kind of figured out but nope... Otherwise you're really rolling the dice on defense with a short bench since they don't like playing Jeke that much (he hasn't looked bad in his limited time but as Hoky says they must have an idea of what they are doing). But I've seen crazier things (Linell on defense). At this point we have no idea if Matheson has any idea about what to do on offense, the only positive I can see coming from that would be that his turnovers would hopefully be further from the BC net and less costly????
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                It was Marty Hughes (I believe uncle or cousin of current Dman Teddy Doherty). I believe he was more of a straight up convert than a guy that was switching back and forth. Scored a goal in the 2000 national title game at forward too. I feel like Brett Peterson was also used as a 2-way guy in times of need but can't remember.

I say stick with Matheson on D and hope you can somehow teach this kid how to play defense and not make crazy ridiculous mistakes. At this point he should have this kind of figured out but nope... Otherwise you're really rolling the dice on defense with a short bench since they don't like playing Jeke that much (he hasn't looked bad in his limited time but as Hoky says they must have an idea of what they are doing). But I've seen crazier things (Linell on defense). At this point we have no idea if Matheson has any idea about what to do on offense, the only positive I can see coming from that would be that his turnovers would hopefully be further from the BC net and less costly????
                But that is the point Nick, I continue to see him make mistakes and turn it over each time I watch him from game to game. You read my mind regarding him the further from the BC net and less costly. When he carries the puck he seems to be confident stick handling his way to the net but as a defenseman stick handling and trying to evade 1-2 forecheckers he has a habit of either coughing it or make bad decisions with the puck in his own end.

When BC has PP it seems he impedes the BC pp and it just look out of sync and sloppy. I just cringe when he handles the puck and let out a sigh of relief when he finally gives up the puck or passes it unless it is intercepted. At the last game I was sitting beside another BC fans and pointed out how he just coughed it up or turned it over and all of a sudden the opposing team has a potential scoring threat.

Right now he is a junior and captain, you'd think by now he has figured it out. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees how he turns it over and over or makes a bad decision with the puck more often than I'd like to see.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

This thread really got quiet... I'm hoping now that the schedule gets a little more normal they can get on a roll. It was NOT a kind schedule following the trip to Denver, no one can deny that.

First thing's first, get the win in Amherst. Those jokers on the gridiron screwed up the coin toss/deferral the other night and let the other team get the ball to start each half. Ahahahahaha. Typical Amherst.
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Matheson is the best dman on the team, end of story

Comment

Are you trolling us BC fans hoky or are you serious?

Comment

Serious
                        At this moment he is their best man

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          This thread really got quiet... I'm hoping now that the schedule gets a little more normal they can get on a roll. It was NOT a kind schedule following the trip to Denver, no one can deny that.

First thing's first, get the win in Amherst. Those jokers on the gridiron screwed up the coin toss/deferral the other night and let the other team get the ball to start each half. Ahahahahaha. Typical Amherst.
                          Agreed. I think it definitely played a factor in the BU game. As much as everyone say's THEY'RE 18-22 (or in MC/UML's case 23-26)!!!111!! 4 games in 8 nights with 2 out in Denver took a toll on them in the 3rd.

Important weekend to start to get out of the HE hole dug in the 1st month of the year.

Comment

he is not the best DEFENSIVE dman on the team. it's not even close.

Comment

Just noticed UConn is above y'all in pairwise right now

That's all
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

He may have the ability and potential to be one but he does not play like it. He makes too many mistakes and he's already a junior.

I would have drove to Amherst but I have plans to skate tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X