X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Well folks, it was a good run.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      Defense and goaltending win championships. We have both. No worries... yet.
      Foot in Mouth??

I'm pretty surprised, I figured BC would handle Lowell with relative ease, but the defense did not look particularly good, at least on the highlights. Demko didn't look that bad, he was hung out to dry for most of the goals. I'm sure you guys will be fine, but hopefully it won't be until after you play UVM
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Don't think Demko was bad, really didn't have much help. At least these things are correctable.
        agreed but the last month last year , his performance in that tourney over the summer with the .700 save% or what ever, talk about his hip all add up to my concern not really talking about last night per se

Comment

Best/worst non-goal of the night... Savage hands off puck to McGrath in Demko's crease. McGrath was just standing their alone as Savage began a rush from behind the net. Literally just handed it off to him. If McGrath were further away he probably would have scored. In too tight to maneuver.
          Were Brian Boyle and Sean Sullivan around?
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            agreed but the last month last year , his performance in that tourney over the summer with the .700 save% or what ever, talk about his hip all add up to my concern not really talking about last night per se
            Fair enough. And to be honest, he does have to show more IMO. I am not completely sold on him yet.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
              Were Brian Boyle and Sean Sullivan around?
              it wasn't sullivan, it was "KEVIN!!"
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I don't think he had a lot to do with the 4 goals against. There was one big rebound for a goal, but it was a nice save in traffic.
                One Lowell goal off a BC offensive end turnover was a beauty. Puck carrier and the goal scorer both had a man in their hip pocket... just pinpoint execution by Lowell. Other goals... BC guys standing around in D zone... Lowell banging home rebounds.

Best/worst non-goal of the night... Savage hands off puck to McGrath in Demko's crease. McGrath was just standing their alone as Savage began a rush from behind the net. Literally just handed it off to him. If McGrath were further away he probably would have scored. In too tight to maneuver.
                A work in progress and a rebuilding year. Watching the game the D is waiting too long to get the puck quickly to the forwards. I do not like them trying to carry the puck and trying to dodge forecheckers rushing the puck up. That makes the forwards standing around waiting. Just move the puck up quickly and make good short passes. Make good decisions and execute their up tempo style. Taking untimely penalties hurt and they had trouble with puck possession and cycling the puck. Practically no shots on net for long periods of time. Really disappointing performance and RIT could be no picnic either unless they get it together. Football team is scoring and has a lead, and finally made a stop on D.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                  A work in progress and a rebuilding year. Watching the game the D is waiting too long to get the puck quickly to the forwards. I do not like them trying to carry the puck and trying to dodge forecheckers rushing the puck up. That makes the forwards standing around waiting. Just move the puck up quickly and make good short passes. Make good decisions and execute their up tempo style. Taking untimely penalties hurt and they had trouble with puck possession and cycling the puck. Practically no shots on net for long periods of time. Really disappointing performance and RIT could be no picnic either unless they get it together. Football team is scoring and has a lead, and finally made a stop on D.
                  Perhaps BC needs Linell back on D.He was very good at getting the puck up ice although I don't know of many who cared for other parts of his D game. As harsh as it sounds BC would have done better with him on D last night.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                    A work in progress and a rebuilding year..
                    blasphemy!!!!

igles don't rebuild, they reload!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      blasphemy!!!!

igles don't rebuild, they reload!!
                      The pendulum has suddenly and quietly shifted

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                        Perhaps BC needs Linell back on D.He was very good at getting the puck up ice although I don't know of many who cared for other parts of his D game. As harsh as it sounds BC would have done better with him on D last night.
                        Disagree, they need to stop playing too deliberate and just quickly move the puck up with short passes and hard skating. The defensemen are talented but they have to execute the breakout better now that the big line is gone. The forwards have to skate hard and be ready. How many times did I see them pass the puck back and forth in their end last night and then cough it up in their zone ? The power play was awful, no sense of urgency and too sloppy with the puck. People were not playing together and you can see it on the ice. I'd say for 9-10 minutes they did play well and other 50 minutes they just were out of sync and just were not with it.

Only the 1st game and but they need to do a lot of work this week and play that up tempo style and tight forechecking and back checking up and down the ice. For a team not suppose to be that good Lowell really handed it to BC and Baizin gets lots of credit from me for turning this program around and getting the most of his talent.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          The pendulum has suddenly and quietly shifted
                          whatevah!!! y'all ain't pulling that poor boy crying crap with me!

this ain't mookie's first rodeo

Comment

didn't know it was new until i read a tweet from mike mcmahon but chn has a great app. only problem for me is it seemed to result in my phone auto restarting every five minutes or so. have since uninstalled app and havent had any issues. getting a new phone in november, hopefully the app runs smoothly with it.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              didn't know it was new until i read a tweet from mike mcmahon but chn has a great app. only problem for me is it seemed to result in my phone auto restarting every five minutes or so. have since uninstalled app and havent had any issues. getting a new phone in november, hopefully the app runs smoothly with it.
                              That app notified me of BC 1st goal 38 times (yes, I kept count). During the 1st intermission the app finally stopped telling me about the BC goal and finally got around to telling me that Lowell had scored 3 times. Hopefully they've fixed that glitch. The app worked without any problems last season.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                                That app notified me of BC 1st goal 38 times (yes, I kept count). During the 1st intermission the app finally stopped telling me about the BC goal and finally got around to telling me that Lowell had scored 3 times. Hopefully they've fixed that glitch. The app worked without any problems last season.
                                Ha yup seems like that was a widespread issue.

Wasn't able to watch much beyond the first period but off the ledge everyone.

This is a talented team but of the top 6 forwards, all of them are underclassmen; of the 6 dmen, 5 are underclassmen; & the goalie is about a decade younger than half of UML's roster. It's going to take time.

Looking at the boxscore, 1 shot from the bottom 6? How is that even possible?

Comment

Working...
                                X