Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Week In Hockey East - Volume III: A Return to Order or More Chaos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This Week In Hockey East - Volume III: A Return to Order or More Chaos?

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
    Tony, I vegged on today's games...can I give you Saturdays? UNH, northeastern, BC, Mercyhurst, UVM, UConn, Clarkson, Boston Blades....and Clarkson again on Sunday.....thanks
    You're in.

Hux if you tell me you didn't know the result of the early games when you posted I'll count them.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      You're in.

Hux if you tell me you didn't know the result of the early games when you posted I'll count them.
      And if he says he didn't and you believe him, I'll be happy to change my pick for a point too!
      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
        And if he says he didn't and you believe him, I'll be happy to change my pick for a point too!
        I'd like to think that we can all be honest about a contest among friends involving no prize

Comment

You're in.

Well, DC thought I was crazy when I said I thought UNH would beat RIT....however I made my picks at 3:00 while photos were downloading...then edited pics and updated the Shamrocks' Facebook page. Next came mowing the lawn and blowing the pine needles off the roof and out of the gutters.

When I came in I looked up the UNH game and updated the team's Facebook*page at the end of the second period. I completed a few more household tasks then updated the final result. At that point I flipped over to the board and soon realized my picks were missing....and lo, there they were three Windows down ...unsubmitted.

So, in answer to your question, I knew the result at that point so we can't count that pick after the fact. Which reminds me, need to change UNH to Syracuse for today. I think the Orange have more offensive potential than the 'Cats, though they will need to avoid going on the PP or Jonna Curtis will torch 'em.

Comment

You're in.

So yes he solemnly swears he is up to no good.

Comment

Week 2 Scores:

Code:
              Week:
                 t1 TonyTheTiger20 7/15 (46.7%)    
                 t1 wwhyte         7/15 (46.7%)            
                 t1 DC78-82        7/15 (46.7%)  
                 t1 bc6696         7/15 (46.7%)
                  5 Hux            6/13 (46.2%) 
                 t6 goaliedad35    6/15 (40.0%) 
                 t6 sheagle008     6/15 (40.0%) 
                 t6 zoofer         6/15 (40.0%) 
                  9 NUWH Dog House 5/15 (33.3%) FAIL

Overall:
                  1 TonyTheTiger20 19/28 (67.9%)    
                  2 zoofer         14/23 (60.9%)           
                 t3 wwhyte         17/28 (60.7%) 
                 t3 DC78-82        17/28 (60.7%) 
                 t3 bc6696         17/28 (60.7%) 
                  6 Hux            15/26 (57.7%) 
                  7 goaliedad35    16/28 (57.1%) 
                 t8 sheagle008     15/28 (53.6%)
                 t8 NUWH Dog House 15/28 (53.6%)
              We all got pretty well massacred with the ties. Nice work, everyone.

For late picks I'm just not including them in the calculation, which is why a couple have fewer total selections. It worked out fine.

Comment

I'd like to think that we can all be honest about a contest among friends involving no prize
                Ha - maybe not in your house! Thanks for the scorekeeping
                "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

This week's awards:

WARRIOR HOCKEY PLAYER OF THE WEEK
                  #21 AMANDA PELKEY, VERMONT
                  (Sr., F; Montpelier, Vt.)
                  Pelkey notched two goals in the third period and added an assist to help lead Vermont to a 4-2 come from behind win at RPI on Saturday afternoon. The senior finished the weekend with three points and a plus-one rating.

PRO AMBITIONS ROOKIE OF THE WEEK
                  #13 AMY BOUCHER, NEW HAMPSHIRE
                  (Fr., F; Edmonton, Alta.)
                  Boucher scored her second goal of the season in the first period on Saturday at Syracuse to help lift UNH to a 2-2 tie. She recorded seven shots and a plus-one rating on the weekend.

WHEA DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
                  #35 VILMA VAATTOVAARA, NEW HAMPSHIRE
                  (Jr., G; Veikkola, Finland)
                  Vaatovaara recorded a 0.96 GAA and a .972 save percentage by stopping 70 of the 72 shots she faced, backstopping the Wildcats to an undefeated 1-0-1 weekend . The junior recorded 32 of those saves in her first career shutout in UNH's first win of the season at RIT.

ARMY ROTC THREE STARS AWARD
                  At the conclusion of every Hockey East game, the "Army ROTC Three Stars of The Game" are selected by the members of the media. Here are the 2014-2015 season leaders to date:
                  Name Cl. Pos. School
                  Kelsey MacSorley Jr. D ME
                  Meghann Treacy Sr. G ME
                  Vilma Vaattovaara So. G UNH
                  Army ROTC

HOCKEY EAST WEEKLY TOP PERFORMERS

Alex Carpenter, BC (Jr., F, North Reading, Massachusetts) Carpenter helped the Eagles to a 2-1 win Friday night and a 2-2 overtime tie Saturday afternoon at St. Lawrence. Carpenter came away with one goal and two assists on the weekend, extending her point total to a team-leading seven after the first three games of the season. Carpenter has scored at least one point in each game this year, marking a 3-game point streak.

Jonna Curtis, UNH (So., F; Elk River, Minnesota) - Curtis scored one goal in both games last week to lead UNH to an unbeaten record of 1-0-1. She scored the game's only goal -- a shorthanded tally at 16:26 of the second period -- in the 1-0 win at RIT. One day later, Curtis' third-period tally pulled the Wildcats into a 2-2 tie and it proved to be the game-tying goal.

NOTEWORTHY

WIN FOR WITT: UNH (1-3-1, 0-1-0) head coach Hilary Witt recorded her first win at the helm of the Wildcats with the team's 1-0 win at RIT ... That win was UNH's first by shutout since Feb. 11, 2013 (4-0 vs. UConn) ... Sophomore forward Jonna Curtis has a three-game goal-scoring streak ... Freshman defenseman Julia Fedeski recorded her first career point with an assist at Syracuse... UNH's penalty kill is a perfect 18-for-18 this season; the Wildcats were 8 of 8 at RIT and 2-for-2 at Syracuse.

CAMPERO IS CLUTCH: UConn picked up its first win with a 4-2 victory at Union, then fell 1-0 to the Dutchwomen the next night ... Huskies are 3-3-1 all-time against Union ... Kayla Campero's game-winning goal in the win was the 27th of her career, giving her sole possession of 9th in UConn history.

CHAMPIONSHIP CALIBER: Two former Terriers skated against BU on Saturday, as 2014 graduate Kaleigh Fratkin and 2014 Olympic gold medalist Tara Watchorn ('12) played for the Boston Blades ... BU will face defending national champion Clarkson in a two-game series next weekend. It is the fourth straight year that the Terriers have faced the reigning NCAA champion.
                  Hockey East Online
                  space

Comment

Week 3 games

Friday, October 17, 2014
                    3:00 ET Boston University @ Clarkson
                    7:00 ET Northeastern @ Mercyhurst
                    3:00 ET Maine @ Quinnipiac
                    7:00 ET Rensselaer @ New Hampshire

Saturday, October 18, 2014
                    2:00 ET Connecticut @ Colgate
                    2:00 ET Northeastern @ Mercyhurst
                    2:00 ET Maine @ Quinnipiac
                    2:00 ET Providence @ Syracuse
                    4:00 ET RIT @ Vermont

Sunday, October 19, 2014
                    2:00 ET Boston College @ New Hampshire
                    2:00 ET Providence @ Colgate
                    2:00 ET Connecticut @ Syracuse
                    2:00 ET RIT @ Vermont

Comment

• Re: This Week In Hockey East - Volume III: A Return to Order or More Chaos?

Friday, October 17, 2014
                      7:00 ET Northeastern @ Mercyhurst Tie
                      3:00 ET Maine @ Quinnipiac Tie
                      7:00 ET Rensselaer @ New Hampshire Tie

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Comment

Friday, October 17, 2014
                        3:00 ET Maine @ Quinnipiac Tie

2:00 ET Providence @ Syracuse Got Gilly!

Sunday, October 19, 2014
                        2:00 ET Boston College @ New Hampshire Prove me wrong, and let me see Curtis playing next weekend, please.

Comment

Friday, October 17, 2014
                          3:00 ET Boston University @ Clarkson Tie
                          3:00 ET Maine @ Quinnipiac

2:00 ET Connecticut @ Colgate Tie
                          2:00 ET Northeastern @ Mercyhurst Tie

Sunday, October 19, 2014
                          2:00 ET Providence @ Colgate Tie (0-0)

Comment

At what point do we start to talk about how badly Providence has started? No goals in 4 games (admittedly against good teams in Mercyhurst and Clarkson). More recently, Providence has recruited primarily from Minnesota and they have been getting worse and worse. Not saying that these are necessarily related, but something clearly isn't working. Coach Deraney has been at Providence a long time but at some point he needs to turn the ship around and there is not much evidence that is in the works. Be interested in the thoughts of other HE followers on what the issue(s) are at Providence.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                              At what point do we start to talk about how badly Providence has started? No goals in 4 games (admittedly against good teams in Mercyhurst and Clarkson). More recently, Providence has recruited primarily from Minnesota and they have been getting worse and worse. Not saying that these are necessarily related, but something clearly isn't working. Coach Deraney has been at Providence a long time but at some point he needs to turn the ship around and there is not much evidence that is in the works. Be interested in the thoughts of other HE followers on what the issue(s) are at Providence.
                              The top Minny kids are not saying "I hope Providence calls" thus he is getting the next 3 tiers of players. If St Cloud, Bemidji & MN State turn their programs around he probably will not get any MN kids. They are going in the right direction thus far.

When you fish in only one lake, you often do not see how big the fish are in other lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                                The top Minny kids are not saying "I hope Providence calls" thus he is getting the next 3 tiers of players. If St Cloud, Bemidji & MN State turn their programs around he probably will not get any MN kids. They are going in the right direction thus far.

When you fish in only one lake, you often do not see how big the fish are in other lakes.
                                PC has also historically had at least one goaltender on the roster at all times who is a consistent game stealer. That hasn't been the case since LaCasse graduated. No top end scorers and no top end goaltender make every game a contest. That has happened elsewhere in the recent past too. Thankfully, it appears that is trending upward.

Comment

Working...
                                X