Michigan Wolverines 2014-15 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Wolverines 2014-15 season

Yep, we should score with the talent we have. Of course, Red will be more concerned with the four against.
    The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      So we can score.
      The UML thread is complainig about their goaltending but I did see one person remark on our speed. I'm thinking the schedule this year played a part in th slow start. I'm not complaining but Ferris right out of the gate? I think the guys blew their wad trying to come-back on Ferris (and they almost did) but that took a lot out of them. Hopefully tonight is a sign of things to come, at least on the offensive side of things. The defense still needs some fine tuning.
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Any news on TV for tomorrow night?
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          The UML thread is complainig about their goaltending but I did see one person remark on our speed. I'm thinking the schedule this year played a part in th slow start. I'm not complaining but Ferris right out of the gate? I think the guys blew their wad trying to come-back on Ferris (and they almost did) but that took a lot out of them. Hopefully tonight is a sign of things to come, at least on the offensive side of things. The defense still needs some fine tuning.
          our radio guys were complimentary... but we're not interested in what's right or wrong w michigan
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            Without seeing the game, thinking that the speed is a big contributor is hard to say. Especially having seen UML last year- they were fast last year, so it seems natural that they would be fast this year.

Based on their success, I would even more say that our speed was nullified by theirs. We've seen speedy teams really giving our D some mental problems- which having not seen the game- I would think was the issue. Our D has had BIG problems making decisions quickly, which is very amplified by a fast team.

Our scoring- all three real games and the two exhibitions- we've gotten some reall solid shots. And we have shooters, potentially. Put a tweak in the shots with a possible goalie issue, and you hae 8 goals. And, with all due respect to patman, the improved shooting should put a lot of confidence in the team. If a bad night for goalies is part of the issue- I'm fine with that- goals are goals in one's mind.

Most important, IMHO- the team went out and established a lead. They made UML play from behind all night. Instead of playing from behind. That's really huge.

Comment

Same old story except for the fact that the puck went into the net. Red hates giving up goals and knows that even an 8-4 win is deceiving. Glad for Zach Hyman- one of the hardest working kids on the team- a career night. Not happy with our team defense or goaltending. This will be the difference this season with making the NCAA tourney and doing anything when they are there.

Tighten up the defense, period- home or away and good things will happen.

Comment

As someone who attended the games this weekend, I can say the team looks a lot more promising than they did against UNH. Yes, they gave up a lot of goals (7 on the weekend).

Tonight they came out, had a great penalty kill. Then got the lead on the powerplay goal. Not sure if BU's PK is just bad or our PP was good. Nagelvort had an decent night. I can't fault the goalie for a game where all 3 goals the opposing team scored had to be reviewed. Did anyone listen to the broadcast? I'd like to know why BU's first goal that could have been goalie interference was OK, when our could have been 3rd goal was goalie interference.

Also, the first period especially, forechecking! Lots of it!
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  As someone who attended the games this weekend, I can say the team looks a lot more promising than they did against UNH. Yes, they gave up a lot of goals (7 on the weekend).

Tonight they came out, had a great penalty kill. Then got the lead on the powerplay goal. Not sure if BU's PK is just bad or our PP was good. Nagelvort had an decent night. I can't fault the goalie for a game where all 3 goals the opposing team scored had to be reviewed. Did anyone listen to the broadcast? I'd like to know why BU's first goal that could have been goalie interference was OK, when our could have been 3rd goal was goalie interference.

You know as well as I do that Al Randall isn't going to give an unpartisan account. Trainor on the other hand tried to be diplomatic. We had our chances, so laying blame on the (poor) HEA officiating is secondary, especially when we got 5 PPs. Good sign for the boys, though. They'll need more fo the same effort in Houghton next weekend. MTU is off to a grand start sweeping Ferris up there in Big Rapids.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                    You know as well as I do that Al Randall isn't going to give an unpartisan account. Trainor on the other hand tried to be diplomatic. We had our chances, so laying blame on the (poor) HEA officiating is secondary, especially when we got 5 PPs. Good sign for the boys, though. They'll need more fo the same effort in Houghton next weekend. MTU is off to a grand start sweeping Ferris up there in Big Rapids.
                    Al was pretty funny after BU's last goal- thinking that we always got the short end of the review stick, and could not think of one big score that went our way. Uh, UNO? I seem to recall that *really* close call going our way.

It would be interesting to understand the goalie interference rules- the blue area is very clear, and if you check a goalie anywhere, you will get a penalty, too. Just to clarify.

Can't really blame the refs for losing...

Comment

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2014-15 season

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Pretty simple. Eichel's skate was in the crease on goal 1 but he was not impeding the goalie in any way, nor did he make any contact with the goalie. This is allowed. Michigan's player directly made contact with O'Connor's glove as he attempted to make a save in the crease on the disallowed goal. Obviously, this is not allowed. The only thing that was marginally questionable is whether Somerby caused the Michigan forward to make contact with O'Connor. Simply being in the crease is not the rule.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Pretty simple. Eichel's skate was in the crease on goal 1 but he was not impeding the goalie in any way, nor did he make any contact with the goalie. This is allowed. Michigan's player directly made contact with O'Connor's glove as he attempted to make a save in the crease on the disallowed goal. Obviously, this is not allowed. The only thing that was marginally questionable is whether Somerby caused the Michigan forward to make contact with O'Connor. Simply being in the crease is not the rule.
                        More of an observation to BU's team for the replay. They could do with both better cameras and more of them. It was great that we got so see some highlights of the game, but really couldn't make out what actually happened. A contract with your local sports company who showed the game would be really helpful.

Comment

More of an observation to BU's team for the replay. They could do with both better cameras and more of them. It was great that we got so see some highlights of the game, but really couldn't make out what actually happened. A contract with your local sports company who showed the game would be really helpful.
                          Our highlight packages of late have been abysmal. It's unfortunate that the in-game video quality has tanked in recent years.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Our highlight packages of late have been abysmal. It's unfortunate that the in-game video quality has tanked in recent years.
                            Ours *appears* to be getting a different TV feeds. Could be all of the cameras around the rink for the big video screen. Could be.

You guys need a big donor so that you have have a big screen TV to distract the fans and change the lighting on the ice as the displayed ads change. It's interesting. I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Maybe we can trade DB Brandon to BU for a pot of Boston Baked Beans? He could help with marketing...

Comment

awfully quiet awfully quiet

any Michigan fans have anything to say about the weekend?
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X